Football goes officially mad

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

As a lot of you know, I speak French having had a French girlfriend and spending some time there when I was a youth.

The French people can and do strut around like peacocks. The cockerel as a national emblem really does suit as I cast my mind back with a smile to being abused for being an English curiosity surrounded by the girlfriends of a number of lads when over there for some ooh-la-la. Make no mistake about it, they ARE a very proud people, without question.

That said, they certainly do feel our love across the Channel but it has to be said that there comes a point where this becomes corny and awkward. We were getting there when they changed the order of the anthems on Tuesday - they'd have done it with style had Wembley / the FA just completely dropped our anthem as a one off so we could do our thing and sing up for the French!

But this is over the top and is embarrassing - for us and them. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of us - just fellow human beings; reasonable people, will never forget those (mstlly young) people who'd gone out for an evening's entertainment.... but it's time tfor the gushing fawning mawkishness to stop. None of us need our feelings organised and orchestrated like this and I actually think it's disrespectful and insincere.

Freedom, justice, brotherhood - these are qualities not just of the French but of all civilised people.

Time to let it rest

Bonsoir tout le monde - soyez bien sages
ARNU

Chigwellian wrote:
ARNU wrote:Im out in Paris this weekend,supposed to go last weekend but got rescheduled,call it luck call it fate but there you go.Anyway I cant see what the fuss is about,its just a little bit of respect don't sing if you feel so strongly about it.Win double for me,didnt get shot and wont have to endure another home defeat*

*Actually fancy us to win now im not gonna be there.
Arnu, Not the best time to be in or around Paris, make sure you stay alert and keep safe.
Thanks for your concern.Just got back,life as normal from what we could see,purposely sat in the front of every bar and restaurant we visited(And yes we did visit a few hic!)and went to all the sites and merrily told anyone who'd listen that we all think isis are a bunch of cowardly wankers.If you have any doubts about going I do understand it but all I can say is there was nothing to worry about.You're in more danger crossing the road.At 1.00am this morning my brother and I were moved on by the police for singing their anthem wrong beneath the Eiffel tower.They were really nice about it and wished us a good night.

Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !