Away attendance

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

Was it just me, or did it look like there were more than 885 Portsmouth fans at the game tonight. There didn't appear to be too many empty seats in the away end, maybe about 100 and that away stand holds 1200
ARNU

Yeah its you.There was loads of space and loads of single seats empty.Surprised it was as many as they said to be honest.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Lots of empty seats like Arnu said, easily two blocks had they sat in the allocated seats. The attendances at Accy 900 home fans and Morecambe 1000 homes fans make us look like Real Madrid.
Lcbdagger

Always hard to tell when there is anything like that sort of attendance, but didn't feel from where I stood like it was close to a sell out
Kevin

Certainly looked about three quarters full to me...which pretty much matches the away figure given.

Nice few quid to take in, although you'd assume away "boosts" like Pompey, etc would've been included in the seasons budget.
ARNU

With the possibility of Orient,Crawley and Colchester dropping into Lg 2 next season that will be another 2 possibly 3 sell outs for us.Southend Pompey and Luton if they don't go up that'll be a few quid too.I might have to start a campaign to let away fans use the TBS. :D
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:With the possibility of Orient,Crawley and Colchester dropping into Lg 2 next season that will be another 2 possibly 3 sell outs for us.Southend Pompey and Luton if they don't go up that'll be a few quid too.I might have to start a campaign to let away fans use the TBS. :D
Crawley?

Seriously??

They could all go in the Marie Celeste.
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:With the possibility of Orient,Crawley and Colchester dropping into Lg 2 next season that will be another 2 possibly 3 sell outs for us.Southend Pompey and Luton if they don't go up that'll be a few quid too.I might have to start a campaign to let away fans use the TBS. :D
Crawley?

Seriously??

Thought they bought 6 or 700 last time.Maybe not a sell out then.But better than most teams in this league bring presently,certainly more than Accy,Morecambe and Hartlepool .
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Crawley?

Seriously??

Thought they bought 6 or 700 last time.Maybe not a sell out then.But better than most teams in this league bring presently,certainly more than Accy,Morecambe and Hartlepool .
When they were top of the league and flying, be lucky if they bring 250 at this rate, smaller club then us fanbase wise and constant success has kept the gates up. They will be ryman within 3 years.

Colchester only bough about 400 last time, always a nght game which dont help.
ARNU

I was at that Colchester game and it was a night match,400 away fans is still a good figure though,Im sure it'd be more on a Saturday. Being as it was our only ever league home meeting with them what makes you think it would always be a night game ? You cant base it on the b-team "nobody cares cup" fixtures.Is it set in stone somewhere ?
mickeyblue

Add Barnet to that list

Tbh some nice away games there could be next season
but we finished 9th!
Dagdale

If they plunge and WE (Remember we're not out of it yet) are not jettisoned to Friday nights on BT sport, Leyton Orient could be a game to look forward too, doorstep and potential good derby atmosphere, and they along with perhaps a few others like the U's would pretty much fill TBS. Well impressed with singing in the sieve Tuesday night, well done, probably best I've heard in there for a long time, thought Pompey were well deflated this time, was Mr. Pompey there? From where I was in the left side sieve he wern't in 'his usual place' middle, never misses a game don't he?
Diggerthedog

Mr Poopey was at the game could you not smell him, whip round to buy him a bath?

Just seen Coventry could be in with a chance of dropping too, nice game at the Ricoh next season.
stanton101

One particular chant about pompey's fall from grace, was very amusing indeed.