North Sixth Group

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BB-Dagger

Reading the write up on the club website it appears that this group taking over do have the knowledge from the teams in Italy to take the club further, in fact it sounds very positive, I just hope that they bring in their own team of experts to run the club.
COYD
len

Sounds very positive and now look forward to statement or interview from the new owners as to their plans and aspirations for the club.
Oxhead

Fantastic news
len

With this news better get your season tickets quick before they all sell out!
RayleighDagger1986

Any chance of our own Anglo Italian cup with both Ascoli and Campobasso
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Anyone able to confirm if they're putting a roof on the bury road end
len

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:22 pm Anyone able to confirm if they're putting a roof on the bury road end
If that was ever under consideration ,I would much sooner that money be given over to the playing budget.
Lcbdagger

len wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:17 pm Sounds very positive and now look forward to statement or interview from the new owners as to their plans and aspirations for the club.
A simplistic point, possibly but the comings and goings on the playing side over the next month or so will let fans know what the aspirations of the club are... Can we keep guys like Effiong for next season and do we get more rumours about guys like Justham going to a Southend or similar.

On the signings side, can we find an Ollie Pearce type from Worthing who scores 45 goals in a division below, or do we have a Nyron Nosworthy come in with 5 games left in him before retiring next January :whistle:
Mark

I think Inih is perhaps a red herring here. As much as I think he is absolutely vital to our system, would we break the bank for him at 33? What if we could find a similar but younger player, perhaps for similar money? I think we have to look at the whole squad build to really understand how things are shaping up. If we see Inih and Tav leave without any similar quality coming in, then it's time to worry a little.
len

Mark wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm I think Inih is perhaps a red herring here. As much as I think he is absolutely vital to our system, would we break the bank for him at 33? What if we could find a similar but younger player, perhaps for similar money? I think we have to look at the whole squad build to really understand how things are shaping up. If we see Inih and Tav leave without any similar quality coming in, then it's time to worry a little.
It wouldn't be easy to replace him, he has scored a goal every other game since joining us and goalscorers particularly younger ones, are very few and far between and would be in big demand and quite costly. The only one that does come to mind however, is Ollie Pearce at Worthing and not sure if we could afford him unless the new owners are willing to dig very deep into their picks at this early stage.
Dagman

Having looked at play off highlights Ollie Pearce would be one to look at to bring up from lower leagues. Even if Inih does sign we would still need another striker and Pearce would look like a good partner up front as he looked very mobile.
NBDag

I hope this leads to Inih and Tav signing back up. Definitely need some stronger additions to the squad too. With Pearce, I’d love it if we got him. But National League clubs are kidding themselves that he’ll end up with one of us. My money would be on Gillingham or Colchester signing him.
rebeldagger

Like everyone else I'm delighted with this news, the early communications sets out the right tone. I'm pleased to see we're keeping Mr Freund onboard , any news on Mr Unger?

Looking are the group, they seem to know more than a thing or two about how to run a club that has been in a similar predicament to ourselves, and with that they've been successful.

I'll still through reserve my full judgement until the we see what players we have come the start of the season. Let's see their intent..

Onwards and upwards you Dags.
Diggerthedog

rebeldagger wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:07 am Like everyone else I'm delighted with this news, the early communications sets out the right tone. I'm pleased to see we're keeping Mr Freund onboard , any news on Mr Unger?

Looking are the group, they seem to know more than a thing or two about how to run a club that has been in a similar predicament to ourselves, and with that they've been successful.

I'll still through reserve my full judgement until the we see what players we have come the start of the season. Let's see their intent..

Onwards and upwards you Dags.
Unger is not an investor just a paid employee of trinity sport holdings, no reason for him to have any input moving forward.

Other teams starting to move on signings already, let’s hope for some news soon.
rebeldagger

That I did not realise, thanks

And yes, their intentions will soon be made clear.