Halifax Town (A) knocks about performance before during and after the fixture

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Someone posted a knock on my post being too early a few fixtures ago so this is being posted within 24 hours of the start of the fixture.

Normalizing knocks now need seem needless, naughty, and narrow-minded as it concerns the timing of this thread starting.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Lcbdagger

Zero concern about this one... A ground we do terrible at, whatever form we are in. Anything but a defeat will be a bonus
Kevin

Lcbdagger wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:45 am Zero concern about this one... A ground we do terrible at, whatever form we are in. Anything but a defeat will be a bonus
Yep - travelling several million miles away up north, in the cold & wet, against a team of 7ft Rugby League types...we always tend to struggle up at The Shay.

Will be pleasantly surprised if we manage to buck the trend, but you never know..c'mon you Daggers! :blink:
Dagdale

And its carrying on one nil down after an hour, even with them opposite end to where they were with good form from Peter Wild
Daggerfan

Not only that Ling and McCallun are off injured adding to our long list of injured players.
Lcbdagger

You could get 13/9 odds on Halifax this morning... giving away money
Dagdale

2 nil it ended sounded shocking again up there, we're so inconsistent have been for years, anyone see it changing Tuesday night?
McLeansvilleAppFan

Kevin wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:51 am
Lcbdagger wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:45 am Zero concern about this one... A ground we do terrible at, whatever form we are in. Anything but a defeat will be a bonus
Yep - travelling several million miles away up north,
220 miles based on Google maps. You silly Brits. I did a bit more than that mid-week (it was round trip to be sure) and arrived back home past 1 AM, and then got up at 6AM to go teach teenagers about the atom. And I liked it (since we won.)

My team was playing against someone 280 miles away. They did not bring many fans and I assume spent the night in Boone, NC

My sister does say that travel is measured by time in the UK and by distance in the US. I think you proved her point. This would be a haul to get there.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Kinda feel a bit sorry for the Manager now, go there full of hope on the back of a good run ,which in reality you had to be on given the fixtures we had , but within 25 minutes not only did the game start to slip away but I think our season did. A mountin of injuries and three very big players in Macca, Ling and Balanta look set to miss many many weeks of this season at some point. Add in the potential of Mussa , long King and Saunders, I say potential because I yet to see anything that matched the hype but was still hopefull I would and we are decimated with the additional of the other crocks.

With their history what ever talent they may have we are now in hindsight having to accept they are very bad signings as history said they were very big risks and so it has proved.

Unless the owners are prepared to stamp up more on what is quickly proving to be a busted flush I can't see us even remotely being able to sustain a play off challange. Surely we still have enough about us to survive but I still think at the seasons end we will be closer to the bottom then top.
Kevin

We have shown that we are a bang average team - even when these now-injured 'top' players have been playing.

Without these players (for what sounds by all accounts like ages), we are mostly likely going to be even more average.

There is more to assembling a team than individual technical ability. The squad we have put together in recent years has been pretty much "meh" - very few of the current players are a patch on some of the top characters we've had at the Daggers previously.

I just can't see how the necessary due diligence has been properly applied from the owners when letting this situation develop.

This Daggers fan is, alas, very unimpressed.. :ermm:
Diggerthedog

Kevin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:40 pm We have shown that we are a bang average team - even when these now-injured 'top' players have been playing.

Without these players (for what sounds by all accounts like ages), we are mostly likely going to be even more average.

There is more to assembling a team than individual technical ability. The squad we have put together in recent years has been pretty much "meh" - very few of the current players are a patch on some of the top characters we've had at the Daggers previously.

I just can't see how the necessary due diligence has been properly applied from the owners when letting this situation develop.

This Daggers fan is, alas, very unimpressed.. :ermm:
The owners very clearly have very little input other than money and that's the problem, same old Dagenham just a different face above the door but the same one inside.
stanton101

I can't help but feel for Lingy and McCullum. With a bit of luck we'll see Ling back after Christmas. As for McCullum that's probably a season finisher. As for the other injuries some are just unfortunate and part and parcel of football, but others I'm afraid are down to the manager. You simply can't take risks on injury prone players at any level, leave alone the conference, where money is at a premium. And offering a player like Balanta is just barmy, plain and simple. One thing that puzzles me is how these players with previous long standing injury records actually pass a medical, or for that matter what our medical actually consists of!
No, I'm sorry but Daryl has brought a lot of this on himself.
DaggerJoel11

While undeniably second best overall and far too easily sliced open defensively, circumstances conspired against an unfortunate Dagenham side whose rhythm was constantly derailed by damaging setbacks.

Report from our annual defeat at the Shay: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''