Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by Dag82 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:39 pm

We got the result, that's pretty much the only positive.

Near Full Eleven of supposed first team players, struggled massively against a team from Three levels below.

Was embarrassing at times, as they passed it around us for fun.

Massive overhaul required in the summer.

User avatar
ARNU
Posts: 3476
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by ARNU » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Passing it around us whilst conceding 5 yeah sounds terrible. Hardly 1st team 11, the sub goaly has never caught a cold let alone a shot fired at him . Players previously slated all scoring, I don’t think this clubs for you mate.
Be alert, the world needs more lerts!

Dag82
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by Dag82 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:31 pm

I am guessing you weren't at the game.

RM1Dagger
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:40 am

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by RM1Dagger » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 pm

Yeah but you didn’t have to be at the game to see it was pretty much a scratch team (some of whom haven’t played much competitive football) and they were playing in a two bob competition but still scored five.

I think we really shouldn’t be worried about anything other than the league games.

SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by SUSSEX DAGGER » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:09 am

With all due respect to anybody disappointed by this but it sounds like we never got stuck in like we would In a more competative game.

This tin pot cup has already cost us a quality player this season. Please remember we have a six pointer Saturday .
Time to put things into perspective

User avatar
ARNU
Posts: 3476
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by ARNU » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 am

Dag82 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:31 pm
I am guessing you weren't at the game.

It was the nobody gives a shit cup. Despite this the team put out obviously didn’t want to lose and netted 5 times. This cup has left decent players injured too so I doubt anyone would want to give it 100% in a 50/50 tackle.How many of that team are really first choice if everyone’s fit ? I’d say Phipps , onarise and possibly wright I doubt you disagree ?
I’d have had some sympathy if we’d had lost 5-3 but no way was that our first team.
Be alert, the world needs more lerts!

Diggerthedog
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by Diggerthedog » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:54 am

It was mostly our first team that the previous manager thought could get us up, how glad are we he has been binned. Many of these plyers will also be binned as I’m sure the manager will bring his own team in during the summer but some will need paying off. Strikers might have bagged some goals but they also missed a few more sitters and you don’t get that luxury against proper opponents.

DaggerJoel11
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Becontree
Contact:

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by DaggerJoel11 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 am

It may have been a team of fringe players but you'd expect those players to want to prove themselves in order to regain a first-team place. Certain players would've done themselves no favours in regard to ensuring they're in McMahon's plans as we largely struggled against a side consisting of players who'd probably been to work for the day. As has been mentioned, that was only two or three players away from the team Taylor thought was capable of gaining promotion, which is scary.

However, positives: well, we won the game which is never a bad thing. Grant got a couple of much-needed goals, Graham scored a screamer and even Quigley got himself on the scoresheet. We scraped through in the end but just like against Barking, that team shouldn't be relying on late goals to edge it in their favour.

Onto the important stuff now, Wrexham away. This was just a glorified kickabout in comparison.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''

Dag82
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by Dag82 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:25 am

Diggerthedog wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:54 am
It was mostly our first team that the previous manager thought could get us up, how glad are we he has been binned. Many of these plyers will also be binned as I’m sure the manager will bring his own team in during the summer but some will need paying off. Strikers might have bagged some goals but they also missed a few more sitters and you don’t get that luxury against proper opponents.
Spot on.

Dag82
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by Dag82 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:30 am

DaggerJoel11 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 am
It may have been a team of fringe players but you'd expect those players to want to prove themselves in order to regain a first-team place. Certain players would've done themselves no favours in regard to ensuring they're in McMahon's plans as we largely struggled against a side consisting of players who'd probably been to work for the day. As has been mentioned, that was only two or three players away from the team Taylor thought was capable of gaining promotion, which is scary.

However, positives: well, we won the game which is never a bad thing. Grant got a couple of much-needed goals, Graham scored a screamer and even Quigley got himself on the scoresheet. We scraped through in the end but just like against Barking, that team shouldn't be relying on late goals to edge it in their favour.

Onto the important stuff now, Wrexham away. This was just a glorified kickabout in comparison.
Agreed, and with 15 mins to go, we were losing !!

DaggerJoel11
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Becontree
Contact:

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by DaggerJoel11 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Dag82 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:30 am
DaggerJoel11 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 am
It may have been a team of fringe players but you'd expect those players to want to prove themselves in order to regain a first-team place. Certain players would've done themselves no favours in regard to ensuring they're in McMahon's plans as we largely struggled against a side consisting of players who'd probably been to work for the day. As has been mentioned, that was only two or three players away from the team Taylor thought was capable of gaining promotion, which is scary.

However, positives: well, we won the game which is never a bad thing. Grant got a couple of much-needed goals, Graham scored a screamer and even Quigley got himself on the scoresheet. We scraped through in the end but just like against Barking, that team shouldn't be relying on late goals to edge it in their favour.

Onto the important stuff now, Wrexham away. This was just a glorified kickabout in comparison.
Agreed, and with 15 mins to go, we were losing !!
Not a one-off either. The last-minute winner against Barking in the last round was the only time we led in the whole game against a team four or five leagues below us, then yesterday Tilbury were ahead for the majority of it. Only thing we can take from it is that I'm sure McMahon will be sharing the same concerns and therefore will dispense with a lot of that side in the summer. Might have to cut our losses on Grant, Quigley and Dobson too, all of whom are contracted for next season.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''

Kevin
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by Kevin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:22 pm

The Essex Senior Cup is a reserve team kickabout.

Knowing that we have a large number of players (a lot of whom were signed by Taylor in the summer) who aren't National League standard is not exactly breaking news. :oh:

DashRawks
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by DashRawks » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:43 pm

Their No. 7 could be worth a punt. He was all over Wood in the first half and had the beating of Gordon for his goal (admittedly Gordon had just come on and wasn’t warm) but he looked very good.

LondonDagger
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by LondonDagger » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:00 am

Serious finish by Graham and a very good strike from Quigley. He's capable but not reliable. Wright scoring another free kick and Graham i think found his level a few leagues below. Saw Phipps try to clamp someone which is a good sight that he isnt scared of a 50/50. He will be like a new signing!

HGDagger
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 11:01 pm

Re: Daggers 5 Tilbury 3

Post by HGDagger » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:20 am

Billericay beat Grays tonight so a final against them is well and truly on :coin:

Post Reply