A sad fact

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mick

Burnett won't resign as he needs an income like all of us, and lets face it, who would employ the manager of the worse league team in the country?

The club cant sack him as they have no money to pay off his contract.

So the sad fact is WB will be here for a long while yet.
mickeyblue

Just walked past the ground and all rolls Royce Bentley etc outside

I reckon there having a meeting and rightly so.

Fingers crossed here
but we finished 9th!
redboy

What board issues a contract that they can't afford to get out of? What sort of management decision is that? Basically Koko can do what he likes then as he has them over a barrel. He obviously hasn't got the guts or decency to resign, he'd rather drag us down into oblivion.
davei

Okay, no one likes to 1) lose their job or 2) entice someone else to fire a person, thus losing that personshis or her job. As well, no one will walk away from a pay cheque so Wayne will not resign, that is plain common sense.

If, as mickyblue comments there are Rollers and Bentleys outside the club this morning which belong to members of the board, flogging those will cover some of the cost of his payout, so problem partly (or perhaps mostly) solved. The board next.
SUSSEX DAGGER

redboy wrote:What board issues a contract that they can't afford to get out of? What sort of management decision is that? Basically Koko can do what he likes then as he has them over a barrel. He obviously hasn't got the guts or decency to resign, he'd rather drag us down into oblivion.
so if they sack him you think they will be queuing down Victoria road for something less. God give me strengh I am losing the will to live .
RayleighDagger1986

I am praying for a decent cup draw that just might give the club the financial clout to ditch WB
Mike the Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:I am praying for a decent cup draw that just might give the club the financial clout to ditch WB
Well that worked!