Retained List

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

Very surprised releasing Josh Hare and Lewis Page, can only think the reasoning behind that is they have been injured a lot and missed a number of games as are both good players.
RayleighDagger1986

I would have retained Josh Hare but would not have been in discussion with Elliott Johnson. Other than that, agree with the list.
Mark

Page is unfortunately too much of a risk despite being a good player.

As for Hare, I don't think it makes sense to spend a chunk of your budget on 2 established right backs. Ling is clearly first choice, and then you need someone who can maybe play 2 or 3 positions or a younger player as cover.
BB-Dagger

Would have loved the loan players to have stayed but this was never going to happen, I think Tavares, lawless and Effiong are musts to keep although I get the impression that Effiong has never really been 100% here mentally and I reckon he will leave, Johnson is a reliable player although some supporters aren’t keen, and Strizovic will want first team football so unless he’s happy playing No2 keeper again and going out on loan I think he will be off, with what we have under contract we will need to add at least another 10 to the squad, time for the new investors to reveal themselves and express a desire for us to seriously compete next term.
RayleighDagger1986

Mark wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:12 pm Page is unfortunately too much of a risk despite being a good player.

As for Hare, I don't think it makes sense to spend a chunk of your budget on 2 established right backs. Ling is clearly first choice, and then you need someone who can maybe play 2 or 3 positions or a younger player as cover.
Hare can play and has played at centre half. A useful utility player imo
AVincelotFlyingLeap

This is mostly fine. I think it’s nice to see a good six or seven of the first XI under contract.

Anyone with any thoughts on centre half ? I want Tavares to sign but even if he does we only have two + Phipps of which one is injury prone
Dagman

There is no mention of Aaron Blair. I thought he was only on loan to Braintree.
However, having looked at the highlights of Braintree v Chelmsford City I cannot see him cutting it in National League.
steeevooo

Blair was sold for an undisclosed fee earlier in the season
Diggerthedog

Not surprised by much, not sure I would have risked a deal with Tavares 31 games last season and handful season before, obviously yet to sign anything new yet but clearly an offer on the table there.

One thing is for sure is Ben has his work cut out again with a huge squad overhaul similar in size to last summer, hopefully this year he gets some more money unlike the peanuts he got last season. Hopefully Ben knows his budget already whilst the takeover is finalized.

Hopefully we’re looking at some younger players as the main spine of our squad is 30 and over, a few from leagues below with a point to prove would be good too.
GNB

Tavares and Effiong. The only 2 I would keep.
Am worried about Tavares injury record.