New captain

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

You know I think its been one of our major problems (other than getting a good home run) for ages, Absolutely loved Doey playing for the daggers but still yet to witness a captain who 'is a natural born leader' if that goes in League two. Sometimes use to love the way Abs would look across the field and grasp a fist or two but its been missing for a very long time and can't even sit here and pick one from any of the squad I saw Monday night or current squad on paper.
speedy

As much as I admire him, I don't think the captaincy should go to Jamie cureton. I just don't believe strikers should be captains or goalkeepers come to that. He probably commands the respect a captain should anyway. My vote would go to our new boy Nosworthy. Been there done it in the premiership, bags of experience, plus in the ideal position on the park. I do have a sneaky feeling Jamie will get it though.
Lcbdagger

Boucard? Experienced player, likely to be a pretty much nailed on starter next season and playing in the middle of the park?
NickMurphy

I don't generally give goalkeepers the vote when it comes to captaincy, but I actually think Cousins would make quite a good captain.
Pondfield Dagger

a mate of mine who drinks in the clubhouse mentioned ashley chambers..got to be a wind up?? "well he is expected to feature alot this season, he has scored 3 goals in the past week, and is taking penalties as well"...
Mark

If Chambers is even in the side I'll be upset.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote:If Chambers is even in the side I'll be upset.
He got in the team last season because of a fairly decent pre-season... might well do the same as he has found his scoring boots already

Would think he makes a decent back up but wouldn't choose him to be in my starting eleven either out wide or in the middle
Mikins

Chambers was given the armband for the St. Albans game, but that could just be a general test a lot of people will be going through.
Sorry about your damn luck!
stanton101

Can't see it being chambers, it'll either be JC or Nosworthy.
rebeldagger

From what we've seen who can be step up to the plate? Not sure Nosworthy will be playing enough to warrent the armband.
Diggerthedog

Cureton for sure.
leewilson

I think Boucaud will get it.
stanton101

I think Boucaud will get it.

Agreed
bearaab

Bring back Currie, make him captain.
Mark

Can't think of a better captain than somebody who tries to play out from their own box and who goes missing when we start getting beat.