The Dagger Match Programme

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Let's play a little spot the difference shall we?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
OBD

I buy a programme every match and flicking through it at half time I'm questioning why. There's more adverts than content and even the content isn't great quality. Couple of pages on the opposition, a page on the academy, ticket details and the usual notes following the same template every fortnight from the manager and captain. Then pages upon pages of adverts.

Desperately needs some freshening up.
@OfficialBigDave
The Romford Dagger

OBD wrote:I buy a programme every match and flicking through it at half time I'm questioning why. There's more adverts than content and even the content isn't great quality. Couple of pages on the opposition, a page on the academy, ticket details and the usual notes following the same template every fortnight from the manager and captain. Then pages upon pages of adverts.

Desperately needs some freshening up.
Have to agree with you here. Best page Is the data page of all our matches this season with score attendance away fans and team.

I buy one each game for the sake of it i feel tbh.
stanton101

Compared to some programmes ours is pretty naff to be honest, even the stats page on our team from previous weeks has me baffled. If I didn't attend games I'd be lost as to who played etc looking at it. It definitely needs looking at for next season.
Dagdale

Couldn't agree more, our match day programme needs a re-vamp, buy one home and away and hate to think how that adds up come May but it just seems to me part and parcel of doing footie, sitting in a boozer before kick off it just seems to go down well like buying a pie at half time. Were always told were a small family club why can't we put more emphasis on our fans, I'd find it interesting reading about some of their exploits and experiences following the daggers and present day life with them, I know we do an away fan's views but what I love about this club we have some right old characters. Also what about voucher in programme rewards like old days, that would help them sell more and at three quid a go may get the tills ringing, maybe like a free day on match day suite with dinner etc. Also please can't they put script underneath previous game photos cause sometimes you would like to know who they are?
DaggerJoel11

Looking at programmes this year from Bury, Portsmouth, Luton etc for the same price the quality is leagues apart. The club seems more interested to make money than value for money to be honest and nowadays I only read 8 pages out of 64 in the programme because theyre interesting. I see they took away travellers tales and a few others so either decrease the price or increase the quality!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Simmo

Comments read and acknowledged.

Proportionately clubs sell around 1 programme to every four fans and we are no different. Therefore we lose money on our programme being 64 pages and being a lot less would probably be more cost effective. However, there are a set number of pages that we must carry as league rules for their commercial bits and pieces as well as our own deals with sponsors so it has to be 64 pages otherwise the advertising is too heavy. Our print run is 800 per game and costs the same even if you have less printed but when you increase the print run the average cost goes down. Trouble is we only get a crowd of over 2500 two or three times a season and the teams mentioned in this thread as "better" all regularly sell that number. And before anyone mentions it, we do shop around to get the best possible deal on print and design costs ahead of the season.

The travellers tales section was dropped this season as it was getting too repetative with the plan to reintroduce it in the future. If anyone wishes to write this going forward please email me - my address is on the contact page of the official website. If anyone wishes to contribute anything I am more than happy to accept their help.

The voucher idea was dropped as supporters complained about having to cut up their programmes and a sheet of paper inside would only fall out when buying the programme.

I spend around 40 hours per game on the programme and maybe it's time for the club to employ a full time editor but the sales will never cover it. This season it's been difficult to fill at times and I thank those that do contribute.
Diggerthedog

Top Reply Simmo, I don't buy anymore home or away. Had a clear out early this season and gave my whole collection to John in the Programme shop about 400 programmes.
ARNU

Sound like a job for that Nick Murphy bloke.

Why not have a players questionnaire ?

Maybe a something a bit more interesting than "Whats your favourite fizzy drink" type questions though.

A sort of Arnu asks section LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Simmo wrote:Comments read and acknowledged.

Proportionately clubs sell around 1 programme to every four fans and we are no different. Therefore we lose money on our programme being 64 pages and being a lot less would probably be more cost effective. However, there are a set number of pages that we must carry as league rules for their commercial bits and pieces as well as our own deals with sponsors so it has to be 64 pages otherwise the advertising is too heavy. Our print run is 800 per game and costs the same even if you have less printed but when you increase the print run the average cost goes down. Trouble is we only get a crowd of over 2500 two or three times a season and the teams mentioned in this thread as "better" all regularly sell that number. And before anyone mentions it, we do shop around to get the best possible deal on print and design costs ahead of the season.

The travellers tales section was dropped this season as it was getting too repetative with the plan to reintroduce it in the future. If anyone wishes to write this going forward please email me - my address is on the contact page of the official website. If anyone wishes to contribute anything I am more than happy to accept their help.

The voucher idea was dropped as supporters complained about having to cut up their programmes and a sheet of paper inside would only fall out when buying the programme.

I spend around 40 hours per game on the programme and maybe it's time for the club to employ a full time editor but the sales will never cover it. This season it's been difficult to fill at times and I thank those that do contribute.
We'll done Simmo given the circumstances it's a top effort from a top bloke.

I know you put a great deal of effort in to produce what is a good product my only complaint us that there is a lot printed that appears on Daggers Player.

Perhaps we can all help by getting involved and helping Simmo
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Simmo wrote:Comments read and acknowledged.

We'll done Simmo given the circumstances it's a top effort from a top bloke.

I know you put a great deal of effort in to produce what is a good product my only complaint us that there is a lot printed that appears on Daggers Player.

Perhaps we can all help by getting involved and helping Simmo
I'm up for it, if we can help out in any way then we should all help him.
DaggerJoel11

Thinking about it, why don't we reintroduce the matchday prediction fan vs player page? Seem to notice The Beautiful Game has gone missing aswell in last few weeks.
ARNU

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Thinking about it, why don't we reintroduce the matchday prediction fan vs player page? Seem to notice The Beautiful Game has gone missing aswell in last few weeks.
I'll do Merges one now then 6-0 Daggers !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerJoel11

ARNU wrote:
DaggerJoel11 wrote:Thinking about it, why don't we reintroduce the matchday prediction fan vs player page? Seem to notice The Beautiful Game has gone missing aswell in last few weeks.
I'll do Merges one now then 6-0 Daggers !
Simmo

Re Beutiful game - The guy always sent them over so that I had two in reserve but hasn't answered any emails from me since Christmas. Hopefully he didn't eat too much and make himself ill