Murphy gone.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

Apologies, forgot to laugh. I look forward to seeing you on 8 out of contract 10 cats.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

He's had you there Bearaab. Was quite a good joke tbh.

Good luck to ya Rhys, his injury has ruined what was at one stage a really exciting spell here. One of the most intelligent players I've ever seen at the Daggers
bearaab

He's hardly had me, if you have to explain its a joke then its not funny.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Any Oldham fans on here lookig to find out about Rhys,don't get on
His back if it takes him a couple of games to learn that he is looking in the wrong place for the
Ball. His neck. Will soon get better.

Good luck Rhys wish you all the best. Also good luck to his Mum and Dad who have never been aloof and sat amongst us at away games and have always been nothing but friendly to us Daggers. SometiMes
they have to listen to things not all complimentary

Great famly ,it's not only Rhys who will be missed.
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote:Not that disappointed. Hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was in 2013 since injured.
This. It looked like he picked up another injury on Saturday, he still looks way off fitness. Wish him well, shame it hasn't worked out.
Chigwellian

To be honest, I have never thought much of Rhys, he never seemed to run for a ball if it wasnt to his feet, never jumped with any conviction. I would now recall Doige, and give him a go
Lcbdagger

bearaab wrote:He's hardly had me, if you have to explain its a joke then its not funny.
Give me strength... he wouldn't have had to explain the joke to a single other person on this forum other than yourself... the Oldham reference was pretty obvious
ARNU

Chigwellian wrote:To be honest, I have never thought much of Rhys, he never seemed to run for a ball if it wasnt to his feet, never jumped with any conviction. I would now recall Doige, and give him a go
And there was me thinking only id noticed these things.His 1st touch was a bit poor and he spent loads of time arguing with the ref too.A one season wonder almost Woodall-esque who was never going to save us this time round.We've had a touch me thinks.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Chigwellian wrote:To be honest, I have never thought much of Rhys, he never seemed to run for a ball if it wasnt to his feet, never jumped with any conviction. I would now recall Doige, and give him a go
Doidge, I understand, is only out on Loan to get match fit... let his month expire and then get him back in.

With him back anf Yussuf fit we are sudeenly in a position where we have real options up front and the complaints around Rhys leaving with be a side issue
matt_drfc

I understand Murphy had already signed a pre-contract with Oldham for the summer, they paid a fee yesterday to get him now instead. Considering he would have been out for 2/3 weeks minimum, we would have got maybe 2 months out of him at most, before losing him for nothing. It makes complete sense that he's now gone and we at least got some money, not lots, but some money nevertheless. He hasn't seemed like the same player since he came back and look at the impact Jakubiak made on Saturday, ok it's only 1 game I'm going by, but I do think we've got adequate alternatives to at least get us through till the end of the season.

Let Doidge's loan finish, he's getting games, so let him come back 100% match fit. Yusuff is a problem, I hear his shoulder keeps popping out. Carr is a bit of an unknown but scored plenty of goals in non-league for Dulwich Hamlet, ignoring his parent club, he seems like a typical Dagenham signing if that makes sense. We've still got Cureton, hopefully that goal on Saturday gave him some confidence.

It's no big deal losing Rhys, hindsight is wonderful but I'm sitting here wishing he'd accepted Peterborough's offer last season and we would have got quite a bit more money for him. But I hope he has a great career and stays injury free, I liked him a lot, but we move on and find another.
Mikins

TBH Murph was gonna go, his choice and fair play to the guy. what I cant understand is the reeling in of a kid from Huddersfield when we have two strikers out on loan, one whom we actually paid a fee to bring here, and dont play?

and for the love of god, WHY DIDNT WE SIGN ANY DEFENSIVE COVER??? /rant
Sorry about your damn luck!
matt_drfc

Mikins wrote:TBH Murph was gonna go, his choice and fair play to the guy. what I cant understand is the reeling in of a kid from Huddersfield when we have two strikers out on loan, one whom we actually paid a fee to bring here, and dont play?

and for the love of god, WHY DIDNT WE SIGN ANY DEFENSIVE COVER??? /rant
Just replacing Murphy, Doidge will be back in 2 weeks
Lcbdagger

Concerned about the WB interview regarding Ayo... Worrying that Charlton need to hold a meeting to discuss him staying
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:Concerned about the WB interview regarding Ayo... Worrying that Charlton need to hold a meeting to discuss him staying
They might have had an offer from a team wiing to pay some money as we are getting him for nowt, plenty to discuss.
Lcbdagger

Worried from the point of view of us having no cover... Fully understand if he had six months at league one level... Some positional issues but string, quick and super dependable... Hoping he's happy to stay and continue building a partnership with Doe add they look like they've played together for years