Stockport..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

..any chance of the Daggers actually turning up & putting kind of a half-decent performance in for tonight's match? :blink:

As the wind seems to be increasing, I predict a fair few of our standard passes/clearances/shots will reach the A13.

C'mon you Daggers!! :thumbu:
Diggerthedog

Rance is suspended so I really don’t fancy us unless he throws Joey Jones in Midfield.
SUSSEX DAGGER

With today's news think result is totally irrelevant.

Season will not be completed now, many teams simply eont be able to carry on and the past 3 months will be just a complete waste of time.

No way on this earth would some teams have started this season to find halfway through the would be saddled with even more debt than what they create for themselves.
JohnP

Stockport are obviously one of the better teams in the league but we look lights years behind.
Absolutely zero creativity and so negative
BB-Dagger

A tactical masterclass from McMoan! What needs to happen to make our lads want it more? Only bright light was Robinson and Deering, if the season is stopped it will do us a favour
Diggerthedog

Shambles. That’s all.
NBDag

Remember when we were meant to be competing with these guys in the league? It’s laughable how consistent this club has become at being sub-par. New owners must be wondering what on Earth they have got themselves into. Cancel the season now, sack McMahon, offload as many of these overpaid shitebags as possible, and start again. It’s so boring being a fan of this club.
daggersjeff

That was the last of my streaming money regardless of whether the season ends early!

Saturday's atrocity wormed its way back into the team by half time, Jones not coming back out was the icing on the cake!

Mick Payne said we have to create chances; how can we do that when we have no creative players??? Alex Reid showed us tonight what a striker is all about....none of our attacking corps have the foggiest!! If these players arent putting in a 110% then pack em on their way, and get people in who WANT to play!!

Another thing.....while Ive got me soapbox out......I seem to recall McMahon bringing in all these players and saying its good to have a lot of leaders......wheres the fecking leadership now??? Just maybe theres TOO many!
SUSSEX DAGGER

When was the last time we scored at home let alone win ffs.

This is absolutely dreadful because we dont even look like scoring.

Cant fur the life of me see what the fanfare and trumpets were all about over this Manager , he is worse then Taylor.,utterly clueless.

The bright light in a very dull first half was Jones and that is where it ended, another player made of glass . It dont matter how good they are 45 minutes every 10 games is simply a luxury we cant afford.

Sorry I have wasted my money on this lot I am not prepared to waste anymore of my time
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:30 pm When was the last time we scored at home let alone win ffs.

This is absolutely dreadful because we dont even look like scoring.

Cant fur the life of me see what the fanfare and trumpets were all about over this Manager , he is worse then Taylor.,utterly clueless.

The bright light in a very dull first half was Jones and that is where it ended, another player made of glass . It dont matter how good they are 45 minutes every 10 games is simply a luxury we cant afford.

Sorry I have wasted my money on this lot I am not prepared to waste anymore of my time
10th October was the last time we score at home. Embarrassing.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Thanks DTD.

18 points . So 3 points with that lucky win at Torquey and lets not delude ourselves and the 6 points the Goalkeepee has saved us and I am starting to agree with the comments we are in a false position, we would be looking at relegation
DaggerJoel11

Absolutely woeful. Admittedly a very tidy Stockport outfit but that's the very calibre of team we were tipped to be competing alongside this season, and we couldn't look further away.

Wasteful in possession and pathetically toothless in attack. Just so poor from us on a night compounded by the ridiculously predictable Jones injury.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RampantDuke

When we played Stockport last February we were really unlucky not to win. Better team on the day and played some nice football. Tonight we showed how far backwards we’ve gone since then. Totally shocking. So painful and boring to watch. No creativity, no purpose. This club has never done well when we have had lots of money to spend, we always spunk it up on mercenaries and journeymen. I’d rather watch 11 hard working, energetic local kids getting beat 5-0 every week than this clueless bunch.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
jag

I thought the 1st half was about 50/50 but like a few of the previous comments no creative thought into the attack, the passing was very rushed as Mick Payne mentioned as opposed to Stockport's un rushed more accurate passing combinations they took their time in the build up and clobbered us in the final third, brilliant overhead goal by McQueen however ruled for off side, with Kings Lynn coming up on Saturday, they are doing really well for their 1st season so our team had better sort out their passing and get Paul McMahon into the game, he has had 2 very poor games against Sutton and Stockport, , good to see Robbo and Sam back on the scene although I think they are not fully up to speed.
Mark

Jones made a big difference because he is calm and has the ability to break the lines. He successfully brought the ball out 4 or 5 times, played forwards, and also delivered accurately into the box. As soon as he went off, the back line started banging it forward inaccurately, and also seemed to slack off a few yards. It was far too easy to score the first goal, and the first goal was always going to be the key in a tight game. It was a goal conceded from poor mentality more than poor footballing ability, which makes it even more irritating.

Like we saw with Abu, one player made a big difference and we look a shambles without them.