Altrincham Match First Game for Fans

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Match Report: Daggers 0 Altrincham 1

There was visible delight emanating from supporters upon their eagerly-awaited return to Victoria Road after a gruelling nine-month period away, but the Daggers were unable to deliver a performance that even came close to matching the occasion or the immense anticipation that preceded it. Instead, the familiar feeling of bitter disappointment prevailed, as a well-drilled Altrincham side claimed a gritty away victory without really having to withstand too much pressure.

My match report and player ratings from yesterday's defeat - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... altrincham
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RM1Dagger

Daggerman wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:55 pm
Mark wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:36 pm Robinson was complaining he couldn't visit the delivery room, probably a good job he didn't if he's then tested positive!
Consider himself lucky, I’ve had to be a the birth of 3 and believe me it ain’t a spectator sport! Best to stay away from the doing end and concentrate on the abuse from the gobby end!!
Ha,ha...like it, and concur with that having done it three times also...🙄
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Did anyone get the virus at this match or receive a ping on their NHS App?
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:54 am Did anyone get the virus at this match or receive a ping on their NHS App?
I checked into the Carling Stand and have had nothing. Have you had or heard something (PM would be ok if you don’t want to go public)?
Diggerthedog

No nothing I was just curious that’s all, shame it was just one match and stopped again but no surprised I guess.
Mark

I was all for keeping some level of trade in hospitality and retail and sacrificing other things such as sport to balance it out. But this month has been a farce. The shopping centres are heaving, numbers are rising again, meanwhile we can't stand outside at football. Tier 3 should mean the shops etc are shut.
Diggerthedog

Yep paying the price now, most countries locking down fully now we’re ready to have a merry old Christmas.
HGDagger

The cases numbers are completely meaningless. A glass of coke can test positive for Covid 19
Mark

How about the 20,000 covid patients in hospital at the moment? It's the highest it's been since April.

Expect that number to explode too. I have family who work in the NHS. They went from 5 to 90 covid patients in their hospital in the space of 4 days this week.