Yeovil Town (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

So are fifth game within a fortnight brings together two teams who have picked up three points from a possible twelve- us courtesy of one victory and Yeovil's by virtue of a trio of draws.

Some injury concerns in both camps, with McCallum and Clifton out for us, while their manager Darren Sarll has said his two forwards Rhys Murphy and Courtney Duffus are both "50/50" as to whether they'll be in contention to play.

Massive improvement needed today - COYD.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Having a proper effort in the vague vicinity of the opponents goal would be a start..

:blink:
Dagger83

Better performance but still worrying how little threat there was, especially v 10 for so long.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

Vast improvement with the streaming but we're going nowhere on the pitch with these Taylor-esque performances.

This McMahon dude supposed to know what he's doing but I'm not seeing it.

Still Playing with Still and Taylor's dud signings ( bar Balanta) and some pretty underwhelming new ones.

McMoron out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
EssexDagger!

Hoof ball is back :banghead: :banghead:
dagger4eva

I'd say there was markedly less hoofball than Tuesday.

That said, if we're calling a spade a spade, today was absolute dog sh@t.

Not a serious attempt at goal in 90 mins, a third of which Yeovil had 10 men.

The only positives I could see was Justham had a blinder again and made up for his rare error VS Woking and Deering worked his socks off, trying his best to create something.

Nothing to suggest we shouldn't expect anything other than an absolute slog of a season.
Last edited by dagger4eva on Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NBDag

Definitely 2 points dropped there. But a massive improvement on previous performances, and maybe if the ref gave that clear penalty on Deering then we would have got the result we deserved.

Personally I think if we had McCallum playing to be winning the balls for McQueen to run on to, then we would have been much more lethal in attack. FA Cup next week should hopefully give us much needed time to rest, think fitness is another factor costing us right now.
RampantDuke

NBDag wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:24 pm Definitely 2 points dropped there. But a massive improvement on previous performances, and maybe if the ref gave that clear penalty on Deering then we would have got the result we deserved.

Personally I think if we had McCallum playing to be winning the balls for McQueen to run on to, then we would have been much more lethal in attack. FA Cup next week should hopefully give us much needed time to rest, think fitness is another factor costing us right now.
How can we be unfit or tired? We've has about 6 months rest and have only played 5 games. If we are less fit than the teams around us then whose fault is that? Get them in for extra training and liven them up. Right now we are absolute dross.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
NBDag

Well the injuries and Robinson seemingly falling out of favour isn’t helping us to rest legs. But I didn’t say it’s acceptable that we seem to be struggling for fitness, I just said the break for the FA Cup should give us some rest that we really need right now.
hockley dagger

We got away with that. Yeovil hit the bar, the post via a top save and Justham was my man of the match. Both sides had a decent penalty shout. I'd worry if this season goes points per game early as we might need the injured strikers to shoot us out of trouble at the end.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:39 pm Well the injuries and Robinson seemingly falling out of favour isn’t helping us to rest legs. But I didn’t say it’s acceptable that we seem to be struggling for fitness, I just said the break for the FA Cup should give us some rest that we really need right now.
If we rest anyone we won’t be left with any player to play, 4 subs today looked like two more went off injured. Oh dear.

Failed to score, failed to make the keeper do anything just lucky Ellliott made two unreal saves. Can’t see us scoring against dog and duck next week, piss poor.
Dag82

Some people are easily pleased, if they think that was a big improvement.

Just like the Wealdstone game, only positive is that we got a result out of the game, but let's be honest, that was
a hard watch again, wasn't it.

Here are the facts:

We never had one shot worth mentioning, against 10 men for a big part of the game.

If it wasn't for Justham, we would of lost by at least 3.

This team that was supposed to be challenging for the playoffs, has picked up 4/15 pts, against mediocre opposition.

We look like relegation battlers again.
Blackie645

We are already in a relegation battle, there are no to ways about it. Watched it today, 2 poor teams, although Yeovil looked the more likely to score, I must say I had high hopes for this season. Give him his due he fronts up after the games, he does not offer excuses, I just feel even this early in the season he hasn't got a clue how to get us out of this situation.
Braykingnews

Looking like we did get something from them Rhys Murphy
Alan

We are signing him?