Streaming

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
jag

I too had problems getting on the system to watch the game I was able to get on 3 minutes after the start, and then the camera moved away just as the penalty was being taken, I hope the Barnet game on Tuesday will be much better.
Sagres

Dagger83

Perhaps I'm a little slow on the uptake here but I've just had an email from the club saying that the streaming pass only includes non-BT Sport matches. I'm not sure this was made explicit at any point. Did anybody else realise this? The cost for the season looks quite expensive now and I wish I did PAYG to be honest.
SmartSelect_20201005-164452_Chrome.jpg
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Diggerthedog

Dagger83 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:47 pm Perhaps I'm a little slow on the uptake here but I've just had an email from the club saying that the streaming pass only includes non-BT Sport matches. I'm not sure this was made explicit at any point. Did anybody else realise this? The cost for the season looks quite expensive now and I wish I did PAYG to be honest.

I never knew this, I understood BT waived all the right to this seasons matches. I don't have BT sport and will be annoyed if I cant watch Saturdays game. I have had no email on this.
Dagger83

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:51 pm
Dagger83 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:47 pm Perhaps I'm a little slow on the uptake here but I've just had an email from the club saying that the streaming pass only includes non-BT Sport matches. I'm not sure this was made explicit at any point. Did anybody else realise this? The cost for the season looks quite expensive now and I wish I did PAYG to be honest.

I never knew this, I understood BT waived all the right to this seasons matches. I don't have BT sport and will be annoyed if I cant watch Saturdays game. I have had no email on this.
Dear Fan,

We hope this email finds you well and you are having a good start to the week. We are emailing you on behalf of Dagenham & Redbridge to say thank you for your continued support of the club during these difficult times, and to make you aware that as part of your season ticket pass, you will be able to watch all home matches on the livestreaming platform as provided by Sportradar. The only exception to this will be any games featured on BT Sport, (such as Saturday’s clash against Wealdstone FC), and any FA Cup and FA Trophy fixtures.

Furthermore, in the event that supporters are allowed back into grounds, the UEFA restrictions on streaming live matches at 3:00 pm might be reintroduced and as a result, BT Sports permission to allow the streaming of live games might also be withdrawn. If that were to happen then a pro rata refund will be provided.

Thanks again and enjoy the match Tuesday evening.

Best,

Sportradar

(My mistake, it was Sportradar and not the club)
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dagger83

I have emailed them and they have confirmed that the BT games are excluded.

Given we have 22 home games (assuming Macc are definitely expelled) and 2 are on BT already, the season pass offers no value whatsoever.
Daggernewbie

jag wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:32 am I too had problems getting on the system to watch the game I was able to get on 3 minutes after the start, and then the camera moved away just as the penalty was being taken, I hope the Barnet game on Tuesday will be much better.
jag was over the ground today they where testing our streaming feed as i left.The streaming of the Halifax game was from their streaming platform which is not up to scratch yet.
Dagger83

They've got back to me after speaking to Steve T.

One BT game is away (my mistake) so there's 21 matches available so far. Plus the one away just gone, that's 22.

They have said that partial refunds will be available if more games are shown on BT Sports which is fair enough.
Diggerthedog

Bugger, will have to go to the pub instead!
bloke down the pub

Might as well close the bars when we are on TV, The Eastbrook will be pleased. How much will this cost the club? What a mug deal.
hockley dagger

Why is it a mug deal? BT pay the league for TV rights and I assume Daggers get a broadcast fee. I imagine the club will make more out of that than 1500 or so pay per view fees?
bloke down the pub

hockley dagger wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 pm Why is it a mug deal? BT pay the league for TV rights and I assume Daggers get a broadcast fee. I imagine the club will make more out of that than 1500 or so pay per view fees?
And when its not on BT ?
Mark

What BT should allow is for season pass holders to watch the game but not pay per game. This would correctly reflect the situation with fans not being allowed in. However, maybe the streaming platform hasn't got this capability at the moment.
hockley dagger

I guess it's the same logic that means no singing in church - aerosol transmission in a confined space if people get excited and start shouting etc. Being out on the terrace would be safer according to my sister (retired director of nursing who contracted cv19 in the Spring). A much lower risk of transmission outside, especially in an uncovered environment. Her view is sports grounds are ok if you're not packed in but pubs can be dodgy. The problem is being defined as elite. All the "last mile" considerations about getting in and out and overcrowded public transport kick in with that status. I suspect fans will be back soon in non local lockdown areas.
Dagger83

Surprised where the camera is. With the roof, the camera will lose the ball a lot when up high. Seems like a design flaw.