Game one

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

I was going to say something similar Ian... thought we lacked pace, and was always half a yard short.. probably wrong, but they didn't seem fit enough.
Last edited by Chigwellian on Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dag82

Well that was bitterly disappointing wasn't it.

Main observations:

They looked the better team from the very start, quicker, fitter, more organized, more fight.

We have not replaced Manny, and look very vulnerable to any type of half decent ball into the box.

Wide players delivering no service into Macallum, waste of time having him, if that's the best supply we can provide.

Deering is easily our most creative player, leaving him on the bench, is criminal !!.

On that performance, talking about us as being playoff contenders, is a JOKE.

Nowhere near good enough.
Alan

Kenny might be a lovely bloke, but he’s looked like he will make an error that will cost a goal every time he plays.

A midfield combination of Brundle, Rance and Robinson isn’t going to frighten too many sides in this division.
Mark

Not really sure where to start.

I've been worried through pre season that we've tried to get a lot of players on the pitch but not necessarily in their best positions, and today did nothing to reassure me. Neither of the two shapes we tried worked, largely because the personnel didn't fit those systems. Players seemed unclear on their role and who they should be picking up.

We have a lot of one-paced players, there is no pace in the team, and the midfield 3 we picked today have no dynamism at all. Rance as the deep man looked miles off it, didn't get near his opposite number all game. Brundle can barely remember him touching the ball. Nobody went with their runners all game.

No pace or height at the back, not sure how you can end up with a defence at this level that has neither. Tbh I saw this coming with the players we recruited. But the biggest culprit today is obviously Clark who was already here.

Can't find any positives at all really. Absolutely terrible.

On Tuesday he's got to try to get more pace in the side and get people in their best positions.
stanton101

So we lose one game at a ground we normally don't do well at and most people are suicidal. Get a grip people, it's a long season, which will more than likely be broken up anyway by a certain virus floating about.
Diggerthedog

Yes shut this thread how dare you all have an opinion, just shut the forum and be done with it.
HGDagger

3rd favourites to win the league? You're having a laugh
jag

I have to agree with a lot of the points raised, firstly it is only game one, I thought that many of the players did not look fit enough, I no the pitch looked really heavy but it is the same for both teams, at times we did look quiet good going forward without any end result and the passing must improve, but not surprised about our defence we looked slow and Kenny must look at his performance and think where did it all go wrong he is a leader and that did not happen, against Barnet we must up the tempo big time, I watched the game on the new streaming service but could not get on until the 3rd minute after kickoff did anyone else have that problem?
Dagdale

Two London derbies at home in 5 days surely the boys will put it right, to be fair suppose the recruitment daggers have done in the last couple of months were we not all expecting a far better outcome yesterday? Worse thing from the sound of it we just didn't look a threat to them and with hot shots Paul MacCallum and Darren McQueen can't understand why, and from the sounding of it on their forum there was only going to be one winner there, them.
ThatRoundThing

Just a theory of mine when I used to bet on football regarding away travel.

The teams tipped to do well in this league Notts C, Stockport, Boreham Wood, Solihull Moors and Daggers ALL lost yesterday. The common factor is that they all had AWAY games with quite considerable travel distances.

It can’t be much fun sitting on trains and moving about stations for connecting trains having to compulsory wear a mask. Could the wearing of a mask for 4/5 hours reduce players oxygen levels meaning when they arrive at the ground they are basically knackered?
Yeh it was a heavy pitch and Halifax had to cope with it as well but without an early start, mask wearing long journey.

Yeovil had a long journey to newcomers Kings Lynn and managed a draw when they were fancied for a win. Just a thought which I will follow with interest.
DaggerJoel11

Flat. Drab. Uninspiring. And pretty much any other synonym you could think of.

It was a sobering curtain-raiser for the Daggers yesterday as Halifax were superior in every department.

Match Report - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... wn-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

Very good point about mask wearing, never really thought of it like that and certainly a possibility, unless teams get to destinations one night before and are within an earshot of the ground following day what can they do to avoid that avenue?
Alan

Please let’s not entertain the idea that wearing a mask on the journey influenced the outcome of games.
Chigwellian

Alan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:46 am Please let’s not entertain the idea that wearing a mask on the journey influenced the outcome of games.
Why not... I get out of breath wearing it for 10 mins in a shop
hockley dagger

Did the team travel by rail yesterday? Do you have to wear face masks on private hire coaches?