Fans Returning to Victoria Road

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerman

bloke down the pub wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm Will i get credit for my unused season tickets from last season?
Most probably didn’t even have a season ticket just want an excuse to have another whinge
hockley dagger

My understanding is that each venue has to do its own risk assessment. Exits and entrances become an issue as does the shape of areas, so it may not be as simple as a straight percentage of ground capacity. Modern stands are likely to do better as is terracing provided bottleneck entrances and exits can be managed. I imagine the west stand might do quite well but the Carling Stand looks more of a problem. I reckon the safest spot would be out in the open at the Bury Road end.
Diggerthedog

Judging by how many people were on the bar terrace at Hornchurch on Saturday we should have about 3000 capacity.
NickMurphy

DAG42 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:28 am With the cases rising again, do you think season will still start?
If it does start, I wouldn't like to bet on it finishing. Christ knows what happens with local lockdowns either, especially in the North. Presumably gatherings will be completely banned in the event of a local lockdown, and with no club at this level willing to play without a crowd of some sort, I can only imagine that would lead to a postponement.

There are so many ifs and buts and we're still a month away. Fingers crossed, but nothing would surprise me.
DAG42

Just seen pictures of test event at Cambridge on BBC news and on terrace everyone was required to wear mask.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well that was a short lived thrill.

This season wont be starting on October 3rd I think we will be told that at 4pm today
Dagger83

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 am Well that was a short lived thrill.

This season wont be starting on October 3rd I think we will be told that at 4pm today
Have I missed something?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
bloke down the pub

Chigwellian wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:19 pm If you contract Thommo, he will sort it out... the majority of us are just going to leave it to help the club
I dont think so.
bloke down the pub

Daggerman wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:08 pm
bloke down the pub wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm Will i get credit for my unused season tickets from last season?
Most probably didn’t even have a season ticket just want an excuse to have another whinge
Well done.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagger83 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 am
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 am Well that was a short lived thrill.

Have I missed something?
Well with new Government restrictions and hearing that Doncaster races are all set to cancel a pilot event in relation to introducing crowds can't see how the season can start in little under 3 weeks with fans being present
hockley dagger

Reviewing having fans at sports stadiums just announced.
Diggerthedog

We can all go to the clubhouse for a pint but not in the ground outside to watch football, morons.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:11 pm We can all go to the clubhouse for a pint but not in the ground outside to watch football, morons.

Lets see what the official word is first
BB-Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:11 pm We can all go to the clubhouse for a pint but not in the ground outside to watch football, morons.
It depends on who you are referring to as "morons"
The club house is taking appropriate measures to deal with covid and following the rules as directed by the government,the same as any pub, bar or restaurant on your local high street. Inside the ground I would imagine the concerns are of being able to control a larger gathering with potential for a crowd massing together thus not following correct distancing measures. Unfortunately there are some "morons" who are not capable of following basic Covid guidelines in their local shops or on public transport! we've all seen them haven't we? these are the "morons" who are screwing things up for the majority who are striving to get back to some sort of normality its not the government or local authorities who are merely reacting to the ever changing situation with this virus. Having purchased my season ticket I'm hoping there will be fans allowed inside the ground and if/when we are its up to all of us to maintain an observance to the rules allowing us to do so, if not then its potentially goodbye Daggers!
hockley dagger

It's a review so no answers yet. I imagine you could find no crowds in high infection areas, like the local decision for Doncaster.