Squad complete?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Do we think Will Wright marks the end of our business in the transfer market? We certainly have a decent size squad now.

In terms of the first team, I imagine at least 8 spots are pretty much nailed down now. Barring injury, I expect Justham, Reynolds, Clark, Johnson, Rance, Deering, Balanta and McCallum all to start the first game. Probably Weston too. Maybe Brundle replaces Deering if he's fit. He might even put McQueen in too.

What do we think of it? I think the shape we're playing so far is too attacking, especially when your central midfielders are either attack minded or not very mobile. The jury is out on our wing back options, and I wouldn't say we have a single top-drawer centre back on the books. Could be lots of 4-3 games this year! Quite the opposite of Taylor.
EssexDagger!

Who was the trialist who scored our 1st goal against Hornchurch? Could we be in for him too?
Mark

Adrian Clifton, and perhaps. I would steer well clear personally, he's 31 and hasn't score a competitive goal in over a year. I know almost all his games were as sub for Bromley but they would be for us too.
Diggerthedog

Think you’re right with being done on signings unless Daryl can offload Luque and Quigley who he clearly doesn’t fancy. If they go I can see another couple coming in but certainly not anyone new before then as squad is big enough already.
Alan

Will Wright? Good lord. He wants to play centre half. I’ve seen that particular nightmare before and have no desire to see it again.
RayleighDagger1986

Wright is a good squad player and can play full-back and centre half. Utility is what's needed when wanting smaller squads.
NBDag

I think Wright gets a tough time on here because of how long it’s been since we saw him play, as once McMahon came in he fell out of favour purely due to formation. He was very solid last season and if he can carry on progressing he’s a good option to have around. Saves having to sign a CB and an RB separately I guess, too.

If Quigley goes I’d like a cheap replacement, similar to what we have done with Kai Brown. Otherwise I think our squad is complete. Can address any injuries on the loan market if needs be.
Mark

I know Wright can play in multiple positions but we already have 2 players for every slot in the team. I'm not sure about having so many 'versatile' players who aren't really exceptional in any one position. Still, he's backup and young, so perhaps Daryl can make a player out of him.

My current read on the squad is that we've signed a lot of decent players and quite a lot of similar standard players in certain positions e.g. defensive midfield and centre back. But in terms of a clear first team who fit the system he wants to play, I think we're a little short.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

As the Chairman of the Will Wright Fan Club I’m most delighted by this news. Even in my role as cheerleader, I don’t like him at centre half or wing back in a 3-5-2, meaning he’ll have to play as a CDM. Hmmmm.
jag

I was very disappointed when I heard the news about Will Wright leaving us back in June however he has a new contract and am delighted for him and his return, he is definatly a quality player still in progress and I think Daryl will be the one to develope him this season. I would still like to see Juan Luque stay as he was in and out of a very much changing side last season again a player of quality but needs to get used to the faster game this season. Lets hope that Sam Deering makes a fast return to fitness as he is a great little player that always gives 100pcent.