Streaming away matches

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

It was mentioned at the recent forum, about the possibility of the away games (where no away fans are allowed) being streamed at the club.

I would think personally, that this could be a great cash generator for the club, if it can be done.

Who would be up for paying to watch these games, for say a Tenner, if this can be arranged ?.
jag

I would be up for that, I always have listened to the Daggers commentary on Mixlr in the past but to watch a game being streamed live would be well worth giving it a try, probably only feasible if there are enough takers.
Diggerthedog

Lots of local games hopefully we get a chance to attend them for real, not sure I’ll be bothered with a stream in the clubhouse unless it’s an important fixture, great idea for some revenue though.

Wealdstone are showing their home match friendlies in their clubhouse despite the game going on outside.
Dagdale

All seem good ideas and certainly should give it a try although really hope for someone who loves an away we can at least venture a few coming up, but this topic takes me back to when I went to Bromley when they played Gateshead in the Trophy semi final a couple of season back down Hayes Lane, we were meant to play them that day but our league game cancelled, thought I venture down there anyway just to see a game somewhere and as many of us know here Bromley's a good day out. Picked probably one of the most freezing games in over 50 years of football and as a neutral questioned my sanity but a pretty good first half then routed to the same spot second half noticed hardly any Bromley boys came back second half to the terrace I was on and I questioned why to a few with me, they had been in there splendid club interval and the powers to be had the game rigged up on live screens and I eventually with fifteen minutes to go thought cant take it anymore on here need to thaw out and just wished I had gone in earlier as it was a really a good atmosphere in there albeit the result that day helped.
DaggerJoel11

I'd be willing to do this but with the vast majority of teams attendances at this level being below 33% of the actual capacity, I am hopeful that away supporters will be allowed in. It's likely that away supporters will buy advance tickets in the home ends otherwise which would create more logistical issues.

The quoted figure of 25% of capacity would still be enough for a lot of teams, and that figure will undoubtedly increase as the Covid situation eases. Certainly we could accommodate away supporters if 1500 are allowed at Victoria Road.

Any form of football would be gratefully received, but an absence of away supporters would really kill the atmosphere which is an integral part of the day out.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Would think this would be a great idea, even if away fans are allowed at games. I rarely go to away games outside of London and if they had those games on a stream at the clubhouse I would definitely pay to watch. So would a lot of the 900 regular home fans that aren’t in that 50 odd that follow us absolutely everywhere. Think a tenner is a bit steep, but I’d definitely do it for £5 and end up spending about £20 on drinks and beernuts.

Would assume that if this was ever feasible to do however, we surely would already be doing it?
Dag82

NBDag wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:36 pm Would think this would be a great idea, even if away fans are allowed at games. I rarely go to away games outside of London and if they had those games on a stream at the clubhouse I would definitely pay to watch. So would a lot of the 900 regular home fans that aren’t in that 50 odd that follow us absolutely everywhere. Think a tenner is a bit steep, but I’d definitely do it for £5 and end up spending about £20 on drinks and beernuts.

Would assume that if this was ever feasible to do however, we surely would already be doing it?
Believe it's only (possibly) an option now, due to the current situation, with reduced crowds.

25% capacity limit, is gonna make it very tight, for most grounds in this league, I reckon, so would be good to know from the club, if this
is a workable idea.

The price point, would obviously depend on costs involved, and also it would be limited on numbers.
Daggernewbie

Dag82 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 pm
NBDag wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:36 pm Would think this would be a great idea, even if away fans are allowed at games. I rarely go to away games outside of London and if they had those games on a stream at the clubhouse I would definitely pay to watch. So would a lot of the 900 regular home fans that aren’t in that 50 odd that follow us absolutely everywhere. Think a tenner is a bit steep, but I’d definitely do it for £5 and end up spending about £20 on drinks and beernuts.

Believe it's only (possibly) an option now, due to the current situation, with reduced crowds.

25% capacity limit, is gonna make it very tight, for most grounds in this league, I reckon, so would be good to know from the club, if this
is a workable idea.

The price point, would obviously depend on costs involved, and also it would be limited on numbers.
Dag82 the large hall is allowed 60 people at six family members at a table but the problem start if you are on your own that means no one else is allowed to sit at that table you are using,but things change so it could be different in a couple of weeks time.
RayleighDagger1986

We should have no problem getting into Notts County.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The long trips we only get 70 to hundred .

Think by time October getss here things will be clearer anyhow..

The only streaming that makes sense is direct to your home . With Social distancing the Daggers Clubhouse would not make it viable
Surely
RayleighDagger1986

If County is possibly the only ground that will allow away fans of a decent number then you'd probably find most of us will treat that as the seasons away day game
Dag82

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:52 pm The long trips we only get 70 to hundred .

Think by time October getss here things will be clearer anyhow..

The only streaming that makes sense is direct to your home . With Social distancing the Daggers Clubhouse would not make it viable
Surely
Yep, it does make more sense, and just seen on Sky Sports News, that EFL has announced streaming deal available, for games where
fans cannot attend.

So, maybe there is something that can be done for NL Level :eh:
redboy

Streaming is an excellent idea. I assume that the home side receives the revenue for any charges made? Regardless, clubs especially at our level need to explore every way of generating income. It will be interesting how they arrange the kick off times as there will inevitably be issues about games clashing. My Mrs won’t be happy though if footy is available to watch 7 days a week lol
Dag82

EFL deal is with a company called ifollow, by the looks of it.

You can buy individual games for £ 10.

Not sure if we can do anything at our level, but they did show the NL North / South play off games, on a PPV basis, so I guess not impossible.
Alanweufc

As someone has pointed out on Facebook, BT Sport currently hold the rights to the NL to so they would have to be agreeable to live streaming of games.