20/21 fixtures

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

I suppose what ever form football is returned to us and the way we have to behave watching our beloved is still an adorable outlet to us and somehow take our minds off a nation losing their jobs and security, lock downs, untold aliens free riding into this pastured land, mental stress wondering what's around the corner, kids not being able to go to school, domestic abuse and that's only been in Spring/Summer. Just hope when winter arrives and the bleak days our boys will at least give us something to smile about on the pitch!
EssexDagger!

Chigwellian wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:51 am ... just some context
More people died from stab wounds yesterday (20/8) than died of Covid

Just was going to post something similar.. maybe we should all wear stab vests for home games aswel as a mask, just incase
Dagger83

EssexDagger! wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:04 pm
Chigwellian wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:51 am ... just some context
More people died from stab wounds yesterday (20/8) than died of Covid

Just was going to post something similar.. maybe we should all wear stab vests for home games aswel as a mask, just incase
As comparisons go, that's quite remarkable at just how ridiculous it is.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

I think it sounds awful.

Can't stand with your mates, signing declarations,staggered entry, no singing, not wearing masks seems silly even though I wouldn't want to wear one. Will there be refreshments ? Will players be gobbing every 2 minutes . On top of all this you could lose your money.

Oh and you could potentially catch coronavirus and die or pass it on to somebody else.

I think the club have an uphill task to say the least.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
EssexDagger!

Singing is forbidden but what about shouting or cheering a goal?
hockley dagger

The issue is projecting the virus through aerosol transmission so I'd guess shouting would be out under current guidelines. Talking loudly is a risk, hence bans on loud music, along with singing in places of worship.
Auntie Merge

I get Arnu’s points. I think like a lot of people i’m now Covid weary, even though I have had friends who’ve suffered very badly and know others who have lost loved ones.

The things that will hit hard the most for me are:-

1) Not being able to hug anyone at football. I have had one hug in 5 months. The lack of physical contact is more likely to kill me than covid. We all need hugs and there is evidence that people who don’t get hugged suffer both physically and emotionally. God knows when I’m next going to be hugged again. If you’ve got a partner please give them a big hug tonight.

2) Not being able to sit directly next to someone an talk to them during the game (usually about the football). Living alone and working alone I am desperate for non-work conversations.

But it is what it is and I’m now prepared to take whatever reasonable precautions to get life as back to normal as we can.

If I can’t hug you or talk to you during the game, at least let me see you and we can shout at each other from 3 seats away.
Diggerthedog

You can ask to sit next to one other household, see if the people you normally sit next to are happy to do this.
DaggerJoel11

It's going to be difficult. Not being able to sit in your social groups, sing/chant and potentially attend away fixtures is a massive blow. The restrictions in place do make it far less appealing than the typical matchday experience, if anybody can even remember what that felt like. But that is sadly a harsh reality of the situation and in a battle between football, even heavily diluted football which is miles away from the way we want it, the football still wins convincingly every time.

I'm really looking forward to the new season, as are the majority on this forum I'm sure. I genuinely think there are reasons to be very optimistic. We've got a progressive manager that we all wanted, the marquee signing we all wanted and have made a number of signings that have gone down really well with the fanbase. We've got an ownership group that have consistently invested into the squad and taken a determined approach to bring in the players we, as a collective, have asked for. We've got a ground that looks fresher and slicker than last year, though it was offset somewhat by our poor form in the past couple of seasons nobody can deny that it's a positive step towards making the club a more attractive place. We've got a media team that have done ever so well in recent weeks, especially with the season ticket and McCallum signing announcements. We've got a lot going for us that other teams desire.

Overall, it will be different, it will be difficult, it may not be pleasant at first, but roll on October the 3rd.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

len wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:25 am
ARNU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:21 am I think it sounds awful.

Can't stand with your mates, signing declarations,staggered entry, no singing, not wearing masks seems silly even though I wouldn't want to wear one. Will there be refreshments ? Will players be gobbing every 2 minutes . On top of all this you could lose your money.

Oh and you could potentially catch coronavirus and die or pass it on to somebody else.

If I was you I just would not bother going and perhaps that way give more space to those like me who have applied for season tickets and are looking forward to the season in whatever form due to the current situation.
Well, I've had it already do I'm reasonably safe I'd have thought but my worries about 2nd wave I don't think are totally outrageous. Just if there is a 2nd lockdown the first thing banned will be large gatherings and football. Look at all these football teams reporting cases of CV. I don't think football can hope to get anywhere near back to normal until there's a vaccine. Maybe it's just me but any football played since lockdown has been half arsed and dull. It certainly hasn't caught my imagination. I hope it's as rewarding to you as you hope. I totally understand that people have missed footy, what's being offered sounds just awful. It seems daft to even try to me. Sorry but it's how I feel. I feel for the club.
Oxhead

Best you stay at home
ARNU

Oxhead wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:08 pm Best you stay at home
Without a doubt.
But if you don't like debate or differing opinion best you don't participate in a discussion forum.
ThatRoundThing

ARNU wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:08 pm
len wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:25 am
ARNU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:21 am I think it sounds awful.

If I was you I just would not bother going and perhaps that way give more space to those like me who have applied for season tickets and are looking forward to the season in whatever form due to the current situation.
Well, I've had it already do I'm reasonably safe I'd have thought but my worries about 2nd wave I don't think are totally outrageous. Just if there is a 2nd lockdown the first thing banned will be large gatherings and football. Look at all these football teams reporting cases of CV. I don't think football can hope to get anywhere near back to normal until there's a vaccine. Maybe it's just me but any football played since lockdown has been half arsed and dull. It certainly hasn't caught my imagination. I hope it's as rewarding to you as you hope. I totally understand that people have missed footy, what's being offered sounds just awful. It seems daft to even try to me. Sorry but it's how I feel. I feel for the club.
W.H.O reckons 2 years until this goes. Swine flu came and went with a whimper, my partner was really ill with it for 5 days. We were in Norfolk in a 2 berth touring caravan miles from anywhere and yes it was touch and go at times whether I rushed her off to hospital.

SARS virus hasn’t completely gone away which is a form of Coronavirus. They are still rushing through a vaccine for this current virus and No Thanks to that but I will have the Flu jab as I do yearly.
This current virus has mutated and weakened, apart from the vulnerable people, most are getting positive test results with little or no symptoms.

Today I went to East Thurrock United preseason friendly. Hand sanitisers about the place. We had a table to ourselves in the bar, signed the book etc, had food and coffee in the ground, social distance to what we felt comfortable with and watched a very entertaining and full blooded game. The club announced the bar is open 7 days a week 12-11pm.
From there we went to a working mans club who midweek are only opening 2-7pm.
I’ll report in 14 days whether I get any symptoms, but I’ve been to Birmingham, Manchester, Oldham, Ashton U Lyne as well as all over Essex pubs, restaurants and beaches in the last 6/7 weeks, not even coughed. I’m not far from 69 years old, I risk assess everywhere I go or do and look after myself.
I said before, I sympathise with those who have lost but you have also got to realise that negative publicity will result in mental health issues and deaths.
I respect everybody’s handling and issues with this virus.
ARNU

Good post TRT. I guess it's just a matter of people just being cautious and assessing the risks in each individual case. For me it seems like some folk have decided it's gone away and there's no risk, so are happy to take the risks and sod anyone they pass it onto. I think if my 73 old mother got it she'd drop dead immediately, when I had it I was ill about a week but really bad and wanting to die for 2 days. I bought it into the home, thankfully apart from wifey being laid up for a week and my son having a whole day in bed that was the end of it. I know many people are asymptomatic so pass it on without even realising they've had it. These are the people I worry about. Not for me but vulnerable people like my mother. Outdoor sporting events I think on balance are probably safe. The bars and restaurants and most indoor activities , especially as it gets colder and they shut the windows will be dodgy. I saw a report suggesting a winter wave of covid could kill 120,000 in the UK. Well soon find out.
ThatRoundThing

ARNU wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:37 pm Good post TRT. I guess it's just a matter of people just being cautious and assessing the risks in each individual case. For me it seems like some folk have decided it's gone away and there's no risk, so are happy to take the risks and sod anyone they pass it onto. I think if my 73 old mother got it she'd drop dead immediately, when I had it I was ill about a week but really bad and wanting to die for 2 days. I bought it into the home, thankfully apart from wifey being laid up for a week and my son having a whole day in bed that was the end of it. I know many people are asymptomatic so pass it on without even realising they've had it. These are the people I worry about. Not for me but vulnerable people like my mother. Outdoor sporting events I think on balance are probably safe. The bars and restaurants and most indoor activities , especially as it gets colder and they shut the windows will be dodgy. I saw a report suggesting a winter wave of covid could kill 120,000 in the UK. Well soon find out.

I understand completely your caution Arnu, some statistics are saying that the UK has the lowest total death rate for 5 years including Covid which is a SARS related mutation of the Flu. We all know how bad (especially for men), Man Flu is.

3 years ago I got Flu which went to pneumonia. I was very, very ill.
I am not trying to influence or make anyone become blasé about this virus but just watch what TV news agencies or the press are telling us.
If you have an hour of your time to waste - or maybe not - watch Plandemic and then Dr Vernon Coleman on You Tube.
Let’s just say a completely different, opposite slant on what is being reported. Or in the case of Plandemic, what is not being reported. I believe the truth is somewhere in between.
I am retired, partner out working, I have a lot of spare time. I have read and watched hours of items about this virus and a possible vaccine because I too want to do the right thing.
100% agree find out all you can and look after number one and your family and friends but I have concluded that a lot of this fear can lead to us all doing what we are told without sometimes questioning why. Anyway watch Plandemic if you can and then share your thoughts.