Refund?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So you know we missed 8 games due to covid 19? Did we just gift the club that money then ? I'd have thought they'd have knocked it off the new season ticket . I'm sure there's a clause in there saying they can just steal the money but it's a bit rude innit ?

Also why tf would I buy a new one before they even know whether I can come in and watch anyway? Can they nick that money as well ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Staff took a pay cut and the owners have put in £35-£40k a month the past 5 months to keep the club afloat, they can keep my 4 game pro rata refund.

If you don’t want to buy a season ticket due to the risks like booking a holiday then don’t, but don’t cry come May when we are playing to win the league or you want a play off ticket but you can’t get a one due to limited capacity.
RayleighDagger1986

Just renewed my season ticket
Does anyone know if something will be posted to us like the card thing mentioned at the forum?
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:03 pm Staff took a pay cut and the owners have put in £35-£40k a month the past 5 months to keep the club afloat, they can keep my 4 game pro rata refund.

If you don’t want to buy a season ticket due to the risks like booking a holiday then don’t, but don’t cry come May when we are playing to win the league or you want a play off ticket but you can’t get a one due to limited capacity.
Just asking. The gym has given me an extension to my membership covering the time it was closed, I've given my customers credit notes or refunds whichever they preferred. So it's not entirely unreasonable to ask the question. I ain't overly arsed about the money but the principle that I paid for a product but didn't receive the full item stands .

As for buying another ST before establishing whether we can be sure we'll even be able to watch football with our friends or booking a holiday, yes the risk is all mine.
Diggerthedog

What did the club say when you asked them? Sure I remember the MD saying that no one has approached the club for a refund.

Could easily see season tickets sell out next season with capacity limits of 25% and the new signings with everyone wanting to guarantee a space.

200 Carling
50 Family Stand
325 West stand
600/700 Terrace
ARNU

I think then that it would be fair to assume if we now buy a season ticket and on October the 31st Boris goes into another full lockdown and we lose another season we have to be be prepared to write that money off as well because Trinity Holdings are an impoverished charity case and I should be grateful because only they have been affected by this pandemic ?

My other question I have is will we be able to watch with our mates or only members of our own households ? I'm guessing in practice we'll all just do what we want anyway because people just think it's gone away now. So Im not convinced people wishing to maintain social distancing would be particularly wise to attend.

Will you be able to sing or shout out ?
BB-Dagger

I would imagine that I like most season ticket holders would not want any refund for last seasons ticket, knowing the financial situation at the club I am happy to just let it go to the club, at the same time I can understand some less well off who want their money back but I don’t think that’s going to happen as it was no fault of the club.
As a suggestion perhaps vouchers from last seasons ticket book could be given a percentage value for a discount in the club shop,
10% off of the new shirt would still leave the club with a good mark up.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:24 pm I think then that it would be fair to assume if we now buy a season ticket and on October the 31st Boris goes into another full lockdown and we lose another season we have to be be prepared to write that money off as well because Trinity Holdings are an impoverished charity case and I should be grateful because only they have been affected by this pandemic ?

My other question I have is will we be able to watch with our mates or only members of our own households ? I'm guessing in practice we'll all just do what we want anyway because people just think it's gone away now. So Im not convinced people wishing to maintain social distancing would be particularly wise to attend.

Will you be able to sing or shout out ?
I'm sure if only one months worth of games was used the refund scenario would be a whole lot different, who knows what Boris will do i'm not even sure he knows.

MD made it clear very strict social distancing rules will apply of two households together only, any flouting of the rules you will be thrown out, doubt you will get your usual space in the sieve or seat if you sit.
ThatRoundThing

I wouldn’t be asking for anything back, also season ticket holders are not the only ones to have lost out. On the commercial side Sponsors, advertisers, match and match ball sponsors, hospitality boxes, match mascots may have all paid upfront and may not all ask for money back.I doubt whether hospitality will open up when fans are allowed in, I imagine it will be a gradual process with so many unknowns to get through first.
I think I heard singing etc is a NO with zero tolerance. I hope the stewards aren’t given a hard time.
We all want our football back and as with all COVID problems we are supposed to abide by rules.

I do find it puzzling how different businesses are interpreting the rules. My local pub I walk in, order a drink and find an empty table and sit down. However at my social club you walk in, have a temperature gun pointed at you, show membership card, sign in, order a drink one end of the bar, collect from the other end of the bar, told a choice of which tables to sit at and sign out on your way out.
I’ve been to three different Eat Out To Help Out pub/restaurants and all had slightly different ways of running their businesses.

When we are all allocated a space/seat around the ground to maintain social distancing and “bubbles” how is that going to be implemented in the clubhouse before and after the game?
Dag82

Season ticket purchased, which looks like it is number 300 odd sold already, on a limited capacity, so those hanging about, may get burnt.

As the club told us last week, that they were losing 35-40 grand a month, during lockdown, they are welcome to keep the whole 40 odd quid they
must owe me, from last season.
Diggerthedog

ThatRoundThing wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm I wouldn’t be asking for anything back, also season ticket holders are not the only ones to have lost out. On the commercial side Sponsors, advertisers, match and match ball sponsors, hospitality boxes, match mascots may have all paid upfront and may not all ask for money back.I doubt whether hospitality will open up when fans are allowed in, I imagine it will be a gradual process with so many unknowns to get through first.
I think I heard singing etc is a NO with zero tolerance. I hope the stewards aren’t given a hard time.
We all want our football back and as with all COVID problems we are supposed to abide by rules.

I do find it puzzling how different businesses are interpreting the rules. My local pub I walk in, order a drink and find an empty table and sit down. However at my social club you walk in, have a temperature gun pointed at you, show membership card, sign in, order a drink one end of the bar, collect from the other end of the bar, told a choice of which tables to sit at and sign out on your way out.
I’ve been to three different Eat Out To Help Out pub/restaurants and all had slightly different ways of running their businesses.

When we are all allocated a space/seat around the ground to maintain social distancing and “bubbles” how is that going to be implemented in the clubhouse before and after the game?
I ventured out last Friday for drink for the first time followed by a curry, the pub allowed 5 of us to sit inside when it started raining but no details were taken but we were ordering on the Pub app. The curry house all the tables empty yet another group came in and sat them right next to us, at no point were our details taken and only half the staff had PPE on. I wouldn’t go back there.
RM1Dagger

I normally renew for me and my two lads. I've really missed it and continue to miss it, but given the uncertainty and restrictions I can see me not renewing, especially as it's quite a lot of money for me to shell out in one go. Might take my chances on a game by game basis. Not overly bothered about a refund on last season btw, the club are welcome to it.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

I can afford the loss and don't grudge the club the £30 or £40. My feeling though is that they have just taken it without consultation. Regardless of your love for your club this is poor practice. I'd have liked the chance to say no keep it.

I don't think this action gives me any great confidence that they wouldn't just f@# off with my £250 again if Boris ( actually when Boris) locks us all down again.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but it sounds like it's gonna be awful. I answered a questionnaire about would I wear a mask to watch the match ? I said I wouldn't attend.
Don't get me wrong I think we should wear one but it's too uncomfortable. Just 10 minutes in sainsburys the other day was too long.
ThatRoundThing

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:31 pm
ThatRoundThing wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm I wouldn’t be asking for anything back, also season ticket holders are not the only ones to have lost out. On the commercial side Sponsors, advertisers, match and match ball sponsors, hospitality boxes, match mascots may have all paid upfront and may not all ask for money back.I doubt whether hospitality will open up when fans are allowed in, I imagine it will be a gradual process with so many unknowns to get through first.

I ventured out last Friday for drink for the first time followed by a curry, the pub allowed 5 of us to sit inside when it started raining but no details were taken but we were ordering on the Pub app. The curry house all the tables empty yet another group came in and sat them right next to us, at no point were our details taken and only half the staff had PPE on. I wouldn’t go back there.

Yesterday at an extremely popular Country pub/restaurant where you had to book even before Covid, The Anchor at Danbury, all staff were wearing full face shields but No gloves. Drinks arrived at our table on a tray that we were asked to take from the tray. But! They carried your meals to the table, still not wearing gloves. The credit card machine was being taken from table to table with no sanitising in between from what I could see.

Condiments were already on the table where other establishments use sachets.
Really good food though and my mindset is that it is a Contradiction virus with even the government making U turns so it must be hard for pubs to always know what current guidelines they are meant to follow.

I am deeply sympathetic to those who have lost or shit scared to go anywhere but I am cautiously now doing/going to much as I was Pre Covid.
I do know for a fact that a lot of establishments I’ve been to (9)have been checked and passed the requirements.

I’ve just renewed 2 Season Tickets, have to wait and see where they put me.
Dag82

Thommo said NO Masks required at the forum last week.