FA Cup replays scrapped

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Ally Fraser

FA Cup replays scrapped for next season. Victory for the top flight whose players are too tired for replays, but not for pre and post season tours to the Far East.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Am sure they will sneak this in to the rules from now on as well. Still, Liverpool only have a small share of the TV deal, how can they afford a full squad on just a few hundred million a year ?
rebeldagger

Ally Fraser wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:21 pm FA Cup replays scrapped for next season. Victory for the top flight whose players are too tired for replays, but not for pre and post season tours to the Far East.
Is a shame to see this, hopefully won't be on a permanent basis.
DaggerJoel11

Particularly in the last few years I've always thought the decision to play a replay should be agreed between the clubs, like they do in the FA Trophy.

If both sides agree to settle the tie on the day that's how it's done. But if one or both want a replay, that's what happens instead.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

I think that was the previous rule Joel.
redboy

So these potential money spinners for lower league clubs are sacrificed for the big boys. Why not have replays up until say the 4th round. Scrap some of the meaningless international breaks too. I’d be shocked if no club below the championship and down through the pyramid goes under. These clubs should be protected , ffs there’s enough money about. But if the FA and we all know what that stands for starts making decisions like this, I really fear that some clubs will fold in the near future.
Ally Fraser

redboy wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 am So these potential money spinners for lower league clubs are sacrificed for the big boys. Why not have replays up until say the 4th round. Scrap some of the meaningless international breaks too. I’d be shocked if no club below the championship and down through the pyramid goes under. These clubs should be protected , ffs there’s enough money about. But if the FA and we all know what that stands for starts making decisions like this, I really fear that some clubs will fold in the near future.
Clubs going under with debts of a top flight players weekly wage. The game is so wrong.