West Ham Ladies

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So this is the new way to get fans in, not happening. Surprised that the owners think this will have an impact on our crowds, unless some ticket scheme is implemented.
Daggerman

I can’t imagine anything worse than watching either
west am Or women playing football! The media have been trying to big the women’s game up for a few years now but it’s still no better that Sunday morning in Hackney Marshes (on a good day)
BarkingRambo

According to the West Ham website they had between 1,200 - 1,900 attendance at every home match last season. They get more turn up to a game then we do and to a stadium that isn't the easiest to get to without a car. Moving to the ground makes some sense for them...well it did pre covid.
Dag82

Don't get the negativity on here & our twitter site.

There trying something new, that with good marketing, may tie some of there support into coming along to our games.

They have been getting 1500+, playing at Rush Green, the move here offers a more attractive matchday experience, once all is back up and running to "normal".

What do we have to lose ?.... nothing.

People are always moaning that we don't do enough to try and attract new support, then shoot down a new idea in flames, before a single match has been played !.
NBDag

I think in terms of money generated, it should give us more than what the U23s were generating for us. In the pre-Covid world they were getting some decent attendances which hopefully we can sustain at Victoria Road. So in that aspect it’s probably a pretty decent move.

As for generating new fans, I’m not sure how that will work out. It’ll hopefully be a thousand or so new people who we can market ourselves to and you’d like to think that marketing will stick on at least some of them. But I ask myself “will West Ham ladies playing at our place make me more likely to go and watch their games?”. For me it’s a confident no, but I’m curious as to whether that’s the same for other people (Daggerman I’ve put you on the maybe pile for this one).

Either way it’ll definitely generate more money than what the youth team was generating, so for that alone it’s a good decision and the board have done well.
Dag82

1500+ people, who more than likely have never set foot in our ground before, so there is an opportunity there, to try and attract some into our games, via a deal, it was mentioned somewhere that there are a lot of family groups, at there games, so that's the target market, I guess.

At least there trying something new, and it will generate extra income, presumably.
dagger4eva

Fcuk me - we are just (HOPEFULLY) coming through the othe other side of the worst pandemic in living history and still we cant take what is a no-lose attempt at getting some extra people through the gate without shooting it straight down in flames.

The reaction to Peter F on twitter was embarrassing, he must be over there thinking what the actual f**k
Daggerman

NBDag wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:48 pm I think in terms of money generated, it should give us more than what the U23s were generating for us. In the pre-Covid world they were getting some decent attendances which hopefully we can sustain at Victoria Road. So in that aspect it’s probably a pretty decent move.

As for generating new fans, I’m not sure how that will work out. It’ll hopefully be a thousand or so new people who we can market ourselves to and you’d like to think that marketing will stick on at least some of them. But I ask myself “will West Ham ladies playing at our place make me more likely to go and watch their games?”. For me it’s a confident no, but I’m curious as to whether that’s the same for other people (Daggerman I’ve put you on the maybe pile for this one).

Either way it’ll definitely generate more money than what the youth team was generating, so for that alone it’s a good decision and the board have done well.
Never say never NBDag, hell might freeze over one day lol
I’ve got no problem with the club looking at ways to increase attendance and income and this could be a great way to move things forward in that respect, my comments for those whinging were purely because I don’t like west spam and I think women’s football is pretty crap... it’s a personal opinion and I doubt if I will be changing my mind on that anytime soon
lupins

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:32 pm Fcuk me - we are just (HOPEFULLY) coming through the othe other side of the worst pandemic in living history and still we cant take what is a no-lose attempt at getting some extra people through the gate without shooting it straight down in flames.
Absolutely agree, there is no downside to this

Basically we may get 1500 new people visiting our ground, probably youngsters too. They may like it and want to give it another go

Isn't the WSL on live television too sometimes

We have a Club and a ground to be proud off its nice to show it off
stanton101

Nothing to lose here in my book.
These are difficult and testing times for everyone.
daggersjeff

This a total kick in the teeth for Dagenham & Redbridge Ladies FC who have not been allowed to play on our turf since their reformation. I understand that WHU ladies will be more of a pull financially and it think its blatantly obvious the club is after some Sullivan's riches( which is why WHU Ladies have become more successful)
Mark

Bit strong - we don't have a senior ladies side do we? I thought it was just age group teams at this point. The boys age group teams don't play at the Vic either.

Hardly any ladies teams play at the main ground of the men's team because it's simply too big for them.
SUSSEX DAGGER

How can anybody make any rational comment without knowing the full terms of the deal.

I will reserve comment to know what it is worth.

Would imagine however with the level of support they have that the catering contract is now worth double.

As somebody has already stated Games are televised on a National TV Station making Pitch advertising more saleable at the very least

My opinion remains the same how can you make a comment without knowing what the Club get out of it.

If this is the exciting news we were told to expect , nobody from the Club has either confirmed or denied it, then I can only hope that there is some financial benifit. Once again we are only being told half the story . All in all a rather overhyped development in my book.
lupins

We were told a partnership is coming that might potentially see an influx of new people, families to our ground and facilities
This is it
Sometimes the benefits are not simple finance terms but hidden uncashables
Half the story? Overhyped, give me strength
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 pm We were told a partnership is coming that might potentially see an influx of new people, families to our ground and facilities
This is it
Sometimes the benefits are not simple finance terms but hidden uncashables
Half the story? Overhyped, give me strength
Sorry I can't get excited as you over this staggering news really must try harder.