Season Closuer Nearer

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

So Daggers just OFFICIALLY avoided relegation.

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
Dagger83

Dag82 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:55 pm So Daggers just OFFICIALLY avoided relegation.

Not yet, is it? Haven't they just said that no more games will be played, nothing about who will go up and down. Not that I can see any situation where we will go down mind...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
A S dagger97

So surely that means the whole National League season will get expunged??? I just dont see them doing the Points per game thing they were talking about in Scotland. :eh:
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Dag82

Dagger83 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:08 pm
Dag82 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:55 pm So Daggers just OFFICIALLY avoided relegation.

Not yet, is it? Haven't they just said that no more games will be played, nothing about who will go up and down. Not that I can see any situation where we will go down mind...
No, we are clear of the bottom 4 on PPG, so no scenario for relegating us.
Dag82

A S dagger97 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:05 pm So surely that means the whole National League season will get expunged??? I just dont see them doing the Points per game thing they were talking about in Scotland. :eh:
The statement says they will now "carefully consider promotion/relegation issues"
BB-Dagger

The statement says they will now "carefully consider promotion/relegation issues"
[/quote]

Nothing to consider in my opinion, if the season is cancelled then all results and current standings are void, start again next season if social distancing is relaxed, BUT it’s very possible that pubs clubs cinemas sport and any other event that draws crowds will not be possible until spring/ summer 2021 and I can’t see games being played behind closed doors. This whole virus situation is far from being declared safe and even then the important thing is to first get the country back working.
Sagres

"Promotion / relegation issues"

Whatever the outcome it is going to be controversial.
Diggerthedog

Dag82 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:30 pm
Dagger83 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:08 pm

No, we are clear of the bottom 4 on PPG, so no scenario for relegating us.
Good job it’s not decided on away goals scored.
Dag82

BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:15 pm The statement says they will now "carefully consider promotion/relegation issues"
Nothing to consider in my opinion, if the season is cancelled then all results and current standings are void, start again next season if social distancing is relaxed, BUT it’s very possible that pubs clubs cinemas sport and any other event that draws crowds will not be possible until spring/ summer 2021 and I can’t see games being played behind closed doors. This whole virus situation is far from being declared safe and even then the important thing is to first get the country back working.
[/quote]

Logically, it's not gonna be voided though is it.
All those who wanted the season closed down (excluding the bottom 4), have no reason now to vote to void the current seasons table.
That would be purely vindictive, to teams in the current top 7, wouldn't it ?.
Can just imagine Barrow/Harrogate/Notts etc, rocking up next season, in boardrooms around the country.... "Welcome back friends, sorry about shafting you last season, in that vote, which had no direct effect on us"
"Anyway, Beef or Turkey on your Carvery ?"
BB-Dagger

Dag82 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:24 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:15 pm The statement says they will now "carefully consider promotion/relegation issues"
Logically, it's not gonna be voided though is it.
All those who wanted the season closed down (excluding the bottom 4), have no reason now to vote to void the current seasons table.
That would be purely vindictive, to teams in the current top 7, wouldn't it ?.
Can just imagine Barrow/Harrogate/Notts etc, rocking up next season, in boardrooms around the country.... "Welcome back friends, sorry about shafting you last season, in that vote, which had no direct effect on us"
"Anyway, Beef or Turkey on your Carvery ?"
[/quote]

But what is logical in this situation? If we were in barrows position what would they vote? Not in our favour that’s 99% certain!
The powers that be will decide what happens and my/our opinions count for nothing. Only thing that’s obvious is that nothing was definite on who was going up or down as mathematically there were still many permutations, so as I said (only my opinion) voiding the season makes sense.
Dag82

BB, all I am saying is: All clubs between 8th - 20th in the PPG Table are now done for this season, not going up or down.

So if they now have an option to promote Barrow (and/or) run the play offs for the other promotion spot.......Why would you vote against it ??.

It doesn't affect your club, at all now.

Add to that, if your IN the top 7, your gonna vote yes as well !!.
Dagger83

Dag82 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:08 pm BB, all I am saying is: All clubs between 8th - 20th in the PPG Table are now done for this season, not going up or down.

So if they now have an option to promote Barrow (and/or) run the play offs for the other promotion spot.......Why would you vote against it ??.

It doesn't affect your club, at all now.

Add to that, if your IN the top 7, your gonna vote yes as well !!.
Why is PPG the basis for settling the season? Plus with an unequivocal statement saying the season is over, why do you think play offs will be played?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dag82

My understanding is..

League statement basically says REGULAR season is over.

Now there will be option for clubs to vote on how to deal with Promotions / Relegations.

Nobody knows exactly what those options are, so all else is just guess work, but PPG has been talked about, as being the
best (least cr*p) option for settling the league, if games cannot be completed, since day one of this sh*t show.

Promote Barrow as champions, then run the play offs, is just my personal opinion on what would be the best option, as that surely
cuts out certain clubs maybe going legal, as they would still get there shot at going up.

How and when, they could play these games, is anyone's guess, maybe June ??.
VIEW FROM THE STAND

It might all come down to what the EFL decide to do with leagues 1 and 2. We know that only one team was due to come down from division 2,due to Bury going bust, so If they choose to void their season, with no relegation, only one side would go up from the National.
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
Dagger83

I wouldn't be surprised if it was on an invitational basis for a season. Every option sucks and is unfair to someone and at least that way the NL can pass the buck to the EFL.