Best goal you've ever seen live

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 pm For Dagenham, surprised no one has mentioned Ashley Hemmings’ ridiculous tight-angle volley to make it 4-4 in that game. Was right in front of me so maybe it makes more of an impact.
Probably not been mentioned as it wasn’t a volley and was a mis-hit cross.
Boucauds goal in that game was a better strike.
Shoebury Dagger

Not a Dagenham goal, but Paulo di Canio scissor-kick volley v Wimbledon.
Dag82

Benno wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:56 am
Dag82 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm Does anyone remember Dwight Gayle goal, against Bradford ?.

Cannot find a clip of it, but IIRC he ran from our own half, past about 6 of there players, and tucked it away.

Brilliant goal.

Shame we couldn't of kept him for the whole of that season, would of scored 25 League goals, easy.
I remember that, didn't he score two that day? He also had some awesome pace too, I recall saying to my mate, he won't be here long
Yeah, I think he did get a couple, in a high scoring game, 4-3 or 5-3 to us, believe it finished.
Dag82

A S dagger97 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:22 pm Gotta be either this hemmings goal against tranmere (about 40 seconds in)
https://youtu.be/REdvvmbuOos

Or this Maguire Drew goal against Solihull (at 2:40)
https://youtu.be/2H6Sj3yQGaQ

JMD also scored a brilliant goal at Woking, early on that season, from outside the box.
Dr Monkatron

Mine has to be Danny Hill vs Staybridge Celtic in April 2002. 30 yard volley into the top corner. I think that only the week before this, Steve McGavin scored a fantastic goal from 25 yards vs Morecambe so that would run the Danny Hill one close.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Adrian wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 am
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 pm For Dagenham, surprised no one has mentioned Ashley Hemmings’ ridiculous tight-angle volley to make it 4-4 in that game. Was right in front of me so maybe it makes more of an impact.
Probably not been mentioned as it wasn’t a volley and was a mis-hit cross.
Boucauds goal in that game was a better strike.
My mind had clearly descended in to hallucination at some point during the second half. Also Cureton scored a nice goal in extra time
jag

I was at Highbury to see Thierry Henry run with the ball from his own half beat about 4 Liverpool players and banging it in from inside the goal area( SUCH JOY ).
TomMc

Adrian wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:54 pm Another favourite was an own goal, that saw a defender chip his own keeper from the touch line in front of the Sieve.
Fairly sure that was against (Champions elect) Macclesfield in the 95/96 season when we were relegated, despite the resurgence when Ted came back.
daggersjeff

23rd February 2008
Daggers 2 Morecambe 0
Peter Gain's 30 yard daisy cutter that Jalal fumbled :lol: :lol: :lol:
jag

Just remembered another one, this time it was a goal of such quality, Elliot threw the ball out to the halfway line in front of the sieve to Michael Cheek who beat 2 players got to the edge of the area and smashed the ball into the top right corner of the net, then got injured and that was basically the end of his time with the Daggers.
BarkingRambo

Another one that stick in my mind is this Elito goal against Rochdale (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxNv1H0SzE ) about 45 seconds in, the definition of play till the whistle, Rochdale just stop when they believe Murphy is offside but what a first time chip from the guy in probably one of his best appearances for us
Daggerjamie

Junior mcdougald against Plymouth 3rd round replay still springs to mind 2003? Benson against Kidderminster probably has to be the best goal ive seen live
dagger4eva

Two others that stand out for me.

For the sheer elation, Robbo's injury team equaliser in the FA Cup Vs Basingstoke. To this date, I have probably not gone as totally mental in reaction to a goal as I (and everyone else there) did. At the yoof of today would call it 'absolute scenes'.

Also, in the FA Cup, the goal scored by Junior against Charlton in the FA Cup was truly wonderful.

Bearing in mind we were part time minnows against the might of the Premier League, the football we played in the build up to this goal was phenomenal.

Both of those used to be in You Tube but I cant seem to locate them now, which is a shame!
leewilson

Monty's goal against Hereford is up there. I mean, he'd pulled it out the bag in the 90th minute in the previous home game. This was a ridiculous finish though considering what was at stake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS5jel_4Y2I