Non League Football cancelled at Steps 5/6

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

Only fair way is to null and void.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
A S dagger97

Wonder if the leagues above will follow suit, not sure how the teams will go up/down if the EFL are to continue when possible.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
dagger4eva

So now steps 3-6 have all been cancelled.

I do wonder if it's realistic that ay of the 3 National Leagues (for the current season) will ever resume. Its not looking a realistic prospect, is it??

With the money involved there's a lot more financial incentive to complete the Premier League and such like, even if behind closed doors.

I know in the scheme of things, Football is largely irrelevant but boy am I, and I'm sure the rest of you missing my football right now! :confuse:
RampantDuke

Imagine the size of our gate for the first home game back next season - reckon we might break 1500! :-)
Oxhead

I read Thommo would like the season to
be over. A big issue being players contracts.
A lot of players contracts end at the end of April.
Players not required for next season would
presumably be released prior to completion
of the season if it continues.
Mark

End of May for part time clubs I think and end of June for the likes of us.

We could conceivably fit 9 games into the second half of June but half our opponents would be cobbling together a squad by recontracting existing players or bringing in new players. I don't think it's workable.
RampantDuke

Football is done for this season. Whether they should call it null and void is another matter but so far the whole of non league football has gone that way and it's only March. The National Leagues will follow in the next couple of weeks and then the EFL. Even the entitled twats in the Premier League will eventually realise that it's futile dragging this on any longer. Top flight football is currently acting like Trump and the president of Brazil - totally in denial about the stark reality of what is actually happening, like this is some kind of short term inconvenience. I desperately hope that season 20-21 can start more or less on time with the majority of clubs still operating. Players will be well rested and mostly injury free so it could be the best one ever, culminating in Euro 21 which England will win of course. :-)
BB-Dagger

RampantDuke wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:32 pm Football is done for this season. Whether they should call it null and void is another matter but so far the whole of non league football has gone that way and it's only March. The National Leagues will follow in the next couple of weeks and then the EFL. Even the entitled twats in the Premier League will eventually realise that it's futile dragging this on any longer. Top flight football is currently acting like Trump and the president of Brazil - totally in denial about the stark reality of what is actually happening, like this is some kind of short term inconvenience. I desperately hope that season 20-21 can start more or less on time with the majority of clubs still operating. Players will be well rested and mostly injury free so it could be the best one ever, culminating in Euro 21 which England will win of course. :-)
Agree totally with this comment, unless the FA make the decision to write off this season as soon as possible they are going to look very stupid and insensitive, this season will NOT finish and next seasons start is also under threat, this virus malarkey is with us for the long term and many teams and supporters are going to suffer especially at national league and lower. I just hope that the Daggers will be around when it does start up again, come to think of it I hope we’re all still around!
HGDagger

How about finish this season, then have a shorter summer break and cancel all domestic cup competitions next season to make up for the lost time?
RampantDuke

HGDagger wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:02 am How about finish this season, then have a shorter summer break and cancel all domestic cup competitions next season to make up for the lost time?
Just not sure how that’s possible. Social distancing will last for 6 months according to the CMO yesterday. That rules out even training until October. There is a small chance that next season will start in the Autumn - I think you are right that all cup competitions will be cancelled next season if it doesn’t start before October. It’s crap but sadly realistic.
BarkingRambo

This is going to carry on into next season. I heard the 6 month thing too and that is probably just before the shops start to open again and we start to dip our toe in the water to see what happens. I bet it will be a while after that before they allow social gatherings so we can go to games. If it is going to be deep into next season before we can kick a ball again then cancel next season, use that time to finish this season and if there are spare games then I guess we need to look at friendlies depending which clubs are available.
Diggerthedog

If the league are insistent on it finishing it will become a farce, imagine being a player and your team are safely in mid-table and you're on a short term contract, will you risk injury in tackles? We've all seen teams in April coast until the end of the season, short term contracts will only makes this worse.
BB-Dagger

I’m not sure that cancelling next season would be financially viable for many teams weather it’s national league or premier league!
I think it’s an idea to finish this season once the all clear is given and perhaps next season all cup competitions can go ahead and the league fixtures could be reduced by playing opposition teams just once, the luck of the draw if you’re home or away as long as each team plays 50% at home, it would give more teams a chance of survival. Other than that it’s just void this season totally and start again from scratch when possible.
Perhaps having to much time to think about things like this are clouding my thoughts but if the league would like to hire me for their think tank (working from home of course) I am happy to offer my services. :thumbu: