M-m-m-my Corona

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BB-Dagger

My wife and I are taking a vacation in Antigua at the moment, we have been here a week and we still have another week left, it feels totally deserted here and It feels like being Robinson Crusoe ! When I left the UK my only regret was missing the Dover fixture, now it seems the world has turned on its head, I wish I was at home with my family, I’m over 60 so expecting the worst personally when I get back, future looks bleak for many but really hope we all pull through as I want to be there when we get promoted next season.
Dagger83

BB-Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:58 am My wife and I are taking a vacation in Antigua at the moment, we have been here a week and we still have another week left, it feels totally deserted here and It feels like being Robinson Crusoe ! When I left the UK my only regret was missing the Dover fixture, now it seems the world has turned on its head, I wish I was at home with my family, I’m over 60 so expecting the worst personally when I get back, future looks bleak for many but really hope we all pull through as I want to be there when we get promoted next season.
Are flights still running? I think having a couple of weeks away from this madness sounds great. Hope you can enjoy some of your holiday.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
TomMc

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:30 pm Hope everyone is keeping well in what is a very odd time to be alive.

I'm in my first year of A Levels at the minute and my college is closed now as per government guidelines. Got to try and keep busy as a painfully dull few weeks and months await.
Take it as an opportunity to learn new skills/improve on existing ones without the pressure of rigid deadlines that college would give you. You like/want to do sports journalism right? Work on things that would benefit you with that going forward, whether it's your processes around writing articles (building new spreadsheets etc to easily access help stats for articles), or working on articles from different angles you wouldn't usually consider (good chance the NLP and other similar papers need content to fill their pages, it's a good chance to get a foot in the door).

It's a really tough time for everyone, but it's also a very good time for people to expand on their skillsets in their own time, rather than just sit in front of the TV and watch boxsets/play computer games.
len

It is a time when people are obviously concerned as this is something that is very unknown, but if everyone can remain sensible and not selfish hopefully we can get this under control and return to some normality in the near future.
Daggernewbie

TomMc wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:52 am
DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:30 pm Hope everyone is keeping well in what is a very odd time to be alive.

I'm in my first year of A Levels at the minute and my college is closed now as per government guidelines. Got to try and keep busy as a painfully dull few weeks and months await.
Take it as an opportunity to learn new skills/improve on existing ones without the pressure of rigid deadlines that college would give you. You like/want to do sports journalism right? Work on things that would benefit you with that going forward, whether it's your processes around writing articles (building new spreadsheets etc to easily access help stats for articles), or working on articles from different angles you wouldn't usually consider (good chance the NLP and other similar papers need content to fill their pages, it's a good chance to get a foot in the door).

It's a really tough time for everyone, but it's also a very good time for people to expand on their skillsets in their own time, rather than just sit in front of the TV and watch boxsets/play computer games.
Made a few discoveries lately TomMc, learnt what a vacuum cleaner does also discovered a strange place called a kitchen hows that for expanding my skills. :lol: :lol:
BB-Dagger

Dagger83 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:18 am
BB-Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:58 am My wife and I are taking a vacation in Antigua at the moment, we have been here a week and we still have another week left, it feels totally deserted here and It feels like being Robinson Crusoe ! When I left the UK my only regret was missing the Dover fixture, now it seems the world has turned on its head, I wish I was at home with my family, I’m over 60 so expecting the worst personally when I get back, future looks bleak for many but really hope we all pull through as I want to be there when we get promoted next season.
Are flights still running? I think having a couple of weeks away from this madness sounds great. Hope you can enjoy some of your holiday.
It’s hard to enjoy anything to be honest, most tourists have gone home and I feel like Robinson Cruso as there is nobody about, what should be a paradise is turning into our own isolation island! We are being flown home on the 27th to a different airport from where we left, causes more problems. Stay well everyone
Dagger83

It's a very strange time. Up here in Yorkshire, my village is like a ghost town at times. There is also a bit of an unsavoury element creeping in where people are shaming others for going out, even if it's just a walk around the block. I don't blame anyone, it's a scary and confusing time for many.

It was a little strange going to the pharmacy yesterday. Small queue outside, having a chat to the locals from 2m away. There was a pensioner queuing simply to get some paracetamol. After 20 minutes she was told they didn't have any. Poor woman.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dagger83

I have learned a new skill through this - I can now solve a Rubik's Cube easily! I taught myself how to solve one at the back end of last year but didn't learn the moves properly. I can now do it almost without thinking.
DaggerJoel11

TomMc wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:52 am

Appreciate the comment and will definitely take it on board. As I usually only write about the Daggers it's an opportunity to be a bit more flexible and, as you say, further my skills because I do want to pursue sports journalism. 👍
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
HGDagger

Just had this come up for me before watching a video on YouTube, and I notice Victoria Road. Did they get permission to film there? https://youtu.be/_jAxmMGxCsQ
Dagger83

HGDagger wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:51 am Just had this come up for me before watching a video on YouTube, and I notice Victoria Road. Did they get permission to film there? https://youtu.be/_jAxmMGxCsQ
I couldn't keep it on long enough to see VR.