Coronavirus

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerjamie

I think the season should be postponed for now, im not worried about catching it im a fit 31 year old im more worried who i would pass it on to, we dont know how its gonna go, health above everything else.
ARNU

From the moment the prem league announced matches were being cancelled it was always going to be off. When the national League said they were going ahead and your chairman says he'd never endanger fans or his players PERIOD! that is surely a bit of a glaring indication of things to come. Then other games in the same league also cancel and the general consensus of your fans forum is to cancel,...... If you've then climbed on a train anyway to go to a game that is definately gonna get cancelled got halfway or even there and it's then cancelled,.........must be Thommos fault !!
My mate was born without situational awareness, he got all the way to Man city v whu the other week when the weather was awful. I told him it would be cancelled and he'd find it hard to get a train. He went anyway, game cancelled, couldn't get a train back.
This was always gonna be called off.And rightly so !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

I'm still not really that clear why all sport is being called off when the vast majority of the population is being told to carry on as normal.

Is it to protect the players? Makes sense for contact sports but not much sense in the others that have been cancelled.

Surely it isn't to protect the crowd, we can make our own decisions and already encounter far more people daily than we would standing at a non league football game.
Chigwellian

ARNU wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:55 am When the national League said they wereIf you've then climbed on a train anyway to go to a game that is definately gonna get cancelled got halfway or even there and it's then cancelled,.........must be Thommos fault !!
I'm not saying your wrong ARNU, but I thought Thommo was actually on the board of the National League... The same board that allowed games to be played ...

I went out to TGIs last night in Lakeside, the place was heaving .. table booked for 8.30.. didn't get sat till 9.

I honestly believe it's all hype.. and it's just a bad bout of flu
ARNU

I think if in 3 weeks I still don't know anyone with the disease I'd be inclined to think it's all a hoax.

I'm still going to the gym and ordering Chinese takeaway.

I just don't think blaming anyone for being cautious is particularly helpful given nobody knows yet what might happen.
len

I think similar to the government policy nobody knows whether decisions made at the moment will only be found to be correct when assessed in the future when hopefully things will peak and then return to normal. At times like this people will have different views and opinions including so called experts. We can only hope and assume that decisions are made with safety of everyone at the top of the list.
DaggerJoel11

ARNU wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:55 am From the moment the prem league announced matches were being cancelled it was always going to be off. When the national League said they were going ahead and your chairman says he'd never endanger fans or his players PERIOD! that is surely a bit of a glaring indication of things to come. Then other games in the same league also cancel and the general consensus of your fans forum is to cancel,...... If you've then climbed on a train anyway to go to a game that is definately gonna get cancelled got halfway or even there and it's then cancelled,.........must be Thommos fault !!
My mate was born without situational awareness, he got all the way to Man city v whu the other week when the weather was awful. I told him it would be cancelled and he'd find it hard to get a train. He went anyway, game cancelled, couldn't get a train back.
Games went ahead in our league yesterday. On Friday I thought there was no chance of our one happening but then it got to Saturday and both clubs were putting out previews and 'Matchday' tweets which hardly indicates it'll be off. Just because our owner was critical also doesn't mean it'll be off - Chesterfield posted a statement openly slamming the National League yet still travelled and played Dover.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
HGDagger

When parliament bans all gatherings of more than 500 next week, surely that will mean the National League has no choice but to abandon the season
Dag82

HGDagger wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:55 pm When parliament bans all gatherings of more than 500 next week, surely that will mean the National League has no choice but to abandon the season
Or play games behind closed doors ?

or what about, Season ticket holders only, to limit the crowd.
Leopardman

HGDagger wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:55 pm When parliament bans all gatherings of more than 500 next week, surely that will mean the National League has no choice but to abandon the season
I believe the reason Scottish Parliament came up with the 500 figure was solely so emergency services were not tied up and were available in hospitals etc
DaggerJoel11

''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:17 pm
ARNU wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:55 am From the moment the prem league announced matches were being cancelled it was always going to be off. When the national League said they were going ahead and your chairman says he'd never endanger fans or his players PERIOD! that is surely a bit of a glaring indication of things to come. Then other games in the same league also cancel and the general consensus of your fans forum is to cancel,...... If you've then climbed on a train anyway to go to a game that is definately gonna get cancelled got halfway or even there and it's then cancelled,.........must be Thommos fault !!
Games went ahead in our league yesterday. On Friday I thought there was no chance of our one happening but then it got to Saturday and both clubs were putting out previews and 'Matchday' tweets which hardly indicates it'll be off. Just because our owner was critical also doesn't mean it'll be off - Chesterfield posted a statement openly slamming the National League yet still travelled and played Dover.
Joel,........... If I own a football club and i pay the wages and I don't want to play that it what will happen mate. Especially if I'd said I'd not support the league's decision PERIOD ! on social media.
Did you honestly think it was going ahead ? Do you honestly think your interest in football is more important than my old mum's health ?

It's shit mate but the national League are tossers on this occasion. 14 more dead today I just saw on sky.
dagger4eva

ARNU wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:50 pm
DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:17 pm
It's shit mate but the national League are tossers on this occasion.
Yes, as someone else has pointed out, our MD is on the national league board.....
Would seem he has been over ruled by Freund yet again.
Glad we have someone running the club with an ounce of common sense at least.

Meanwhile back in Woking, they dont seem to happy with our club. What a bunch of cretins they are!
http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ec82bc97ef
SUSSEX DAGGER

Look.at the Health and Safety at Work Act .
Basically Players have a legal right to remain in a Place of safety and not be forced to expose themselves to Danger.

Footballers have the same legal right as any other workers and for all we know there may have been one or more players who decided to exercise that right. Given the circumstances you cant blame them and just like me and you may have at risk People in their everyday lives. Some of these players are Young men some may still be living at home with mum.dad even Grandma and Grandad any of who could be in the at risk Category
It would also daft to think that Players dont communicate with Players at other Clubs.

It could be the case that Players wishing to exercise their legal rights did not do so until Saturday Morning and if they did there is nothing the Club could do about it and long may that legal right continue
BarkingRambo

Its a condition that affects your lungs, that could ruin a players career if they don’t recover properly. Didn’t Josh Scott have a period off with his lungs and never came back the same player.