Coronavirus

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Of course, Barnet played Woking on Tuesday. Doesn't look good now.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Safetyman

Today’s match has just been postponed. See website for details.
rebeldagger

From The Guardian

"Steve Thompson, managing director of Dagenham and Redbridge who play in the National League, said the outlook was bleak for smaller clubs. “Potentially some are not going to survive this,” Thompson said. “We’ve got a large social facility with two function rooms, and lots of clubs in non‑league and Leagues One and Two rely on that income.”

This is a key point that may have been overlooked by some, unless there is some sort of protection provided, we'll be seeing a lot of clubs in our league, and the ones above and below us, go to the wall.
Diggerthedog

rebeldagger wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 pm From The Guardian

"Steve Thompson, managing director of Dagenham and Redbridge who play in the National League, said the outlook was bleak for smaller clubs. “Potentially some are not going to survive this,” Thompson said. “We’ve got a large social facility with two function rooms, and lots of clubs in non‑league and Leagues One and Two rely on that income.”

This is a key point that may have been overlooked by some, unless there is some sort of protection provided, we'll be seeing a lot of clubs in our league, and the ones above and below us, go to the wall.
Then why did the club do all they could to get today’s game off and deny part time Woking an income? Woking wanted it played but we ran a mile, pathetic.

Today’s result could really screw us if this season is continued.
rebeldagger

I was under the impression that Woking called off the game after Barnet, whom they played on Tuesday, had a number of staff self isolating. Hence why it is called off, to curtail the spread further.

The FA will need to step up, offer support and practical advice to the club's and their employees, plus we can all do our bit too.
Diggerthedog

rebeldagger wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:23 pm I was under the impression that Woking called off the game after Barnet, whom they played on Tuesday, had a number of staff self isolating. Hence why it is called off, to curtail the spread further.

The FA will need to step up, offer support and practical advice to the club's and their employees, plus we can all do our bit too.
Wrong impression from what I’ve been told by Woking people, two of our players and two staff had so called symptoms. Given that One of our players and the current owner didn’t want to play at all from yesterday I smell a rat.

Went to a Dulwich today instead, our club are a million miles behind on all things and their in the league below. Funny how many people go watch them just for a beer! Hemel had a goalkeeper from Man City who is 5th choice and gets £17k a week at city only plays games not training with Hemel. Bonkers.
SteveW

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:11 pm
rebeldagger wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 pm From The Guardian

Then why did the club do all they could to get today’s game off and deny part time Woking an income? Woking wanted it played but we ran a mile, pathetic.

Today’s result could really screw us if this season is continued.
I’ve stopped going to Daggers so I’m probably not the best person to comment. But you sir are a ***** of the highest order. Today’s result doesnt matter a shit in the great scheme of things. Stop thinking of yourself and football because they really don’t matter. Peoples lives do.
Diggerthedog

You do realise this is a football forum? I’m talking from a football point of view, the club posted about Matchday at 10am, at which point I decided to leave my house, yet an hour later agreed to cancel it when I was well on my way in central London, it’s bollocks and could have all been avoided.

Of course life matters and is more important than football, I’ll be on a tube train Monday face in someone’s armpit whilst the Dagenham players are all wrapped up in cotton wall, don’t talk to me about real life you jackass.
SteveW

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:34 pm You do realise this is a football forum? I’m talking from a football point of view, the club posted about Matchday at 10am, at which point I decided to leave my house, yet an hour later agreed to cancel it when I was well on my way in central London, it’s bollocks and could have all been avoided.

Of course life matters and is more important than football, I’ll be on a tube train Monday face in someone’s armpit whilst the Dagenham players are all wrapped up in cotton wall, don’t talk to me about real life you jackass.
You really do rate yourself don’t you? Jackass is actually quite funny. I’d rather that than be someone who thinks themself to be a hero because he’s going to be on a train.
Auntie Merge

You do realise that Woking already called off an event in their clubhouse on Friday night because of Coronavirus.

It’s all very well to do a he said/they said/fat bloke in the pun told me so it must be true

but
personal safety comes above everything else.

Blaming either club doesn’t help... We really shouldn’t be looking at a blame culture or scapegoats.

If you really need to blame someone, blame the national
league for not following the premiership
and EFL yesterday.
SteveW

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:57 pm You do realise that Woking already called off an event in their clubhouse on Friday night because of Coronavirus.

It’s all very well to do a he said/they said/fat bloke in the pun told me so it must be true

but
That is what I was trying to get across.
Auntie Merge

SteveW wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:59 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:57 pm You do realise that Woking already called off an event in their clubhouse on Friday night because of Coronavirus.

but
I realised that; just adding my support.

I have underlying illnesses, I have people who sit near me
at games who are also in risk categories. I know I won’t be at games for a while, I don’t know about them.

And it isn’t just football clubs that will go to the wall, it is every type of business. Travel, property, hospitality. entertainment, leisure. I even expect toilet roll manufacturers to have a hard time when the panic buying stops and sales plummet because people have huge stocks to get through.

Very scary times indeed.
SteveW

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:04 pm
SteveW wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:59 pm

but
I realised that; just adding my support.

I have underlying illnesses, I have people who sit near me
at games who are also in risk categories. I know I won’t be at games for a while, I don’t know about them.

And it isn’t just football clubs that will go to the wall, it is every type of business. Travel, property, hospitality. entertainment, leisure. I even expect toilet roll manufacturers to have a hard time when the panic buying stops and sales plummet because people have huge stocks to get through.

Very scary times indeed.
I think that's what the average football fan fails to recognise.
Diggerthedog

Firstly I don’t consider myself a hero or rate myself, I get on a tube to go to work and pay my mortgage and feed my boy.

I get all what your both saying about life is more important I just acknowledged that, of course I do. jus don’t understand the way the games was postponed when it was on and off within an hour. Our owner and one of our players clearly didn’t want the game on as per twitter and it stinks.

This is a football forum and I’m discussing a late postponed match and the events surrounding it and being whinged at by two people that had no intent to go to the game one who ‘don’t even go anymore’. Perhaps the forum should be closed until the whole thing is over, heaven forbid people might want to talk about something else but poxy Coronavirus.
DaggerJoel11

A lot of teams openly expressed their discontent at having to play yet they rolled their sleeves up and got on with it. I'm not quite sure what happened yesterday that meant our game was off, and the frustratingly brief club statement doesn't help.

A lot of comments on the Woking forum suggest that we refused to play the game yesterday. Not sure how true that is but if that was always our stance then it would've been nice to have known before commencing our travels (or, in my case, getting into Woking!) Really, the league should've been off yesterday because nobody wanted to play. If the Prem and EFL was on, though, you wouldn't see this happening because it wouldn't have seemed as much of a risk.

By the way, I have no idea why it was off and I don't want to speculate. It would just be nice as supporters to know. Also, it goes without saying that health outweighs football, but how we could do with a bit of football escapism right now.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''