Coronavirus

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Talk of games higher up being played behind closed doors.

Maybe there’s a benefit to not having great attendances.

But joking aside the financial implications on anything that is run on a tight budget are going to be huge.

Stay well everyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51804544
ARNU

This is an interesting time.
Typically the old and those with underlying illnesses should probably stay away. Diabetes, cardio vascular issues, obesity, just a few not mentioned that much.
This is big, 1%roughly of the population will ultimately die of it.
Do the math that is 650,000 people. So most of us may well just get a cough or even suffer no symptoms at all. But we can all carry it and pass it on. If you're 74 and you fancy the risk that's currently up to you. People in their 40's are dieing
if it. My business is already ****** I'm self employed but for the better good I'm just gonna have to weather the storm. We should all do our bit I think, and whilst it's worrying to some it is a chance for the country to pull together. Reminds me of the power cuts when I was a kid.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

Scotland ban gatherings over 500 starting Monday. I guess we in England are only a week or two away from doing the same.
A three day Country Music Festival due to start tomorrow at O2 was cancelled late afternoon today, most of the performers have followed Trump’s advice and returned home.

USA Major League and USL was suspended today.
BB-Dagger

This virus is more widespread than realised, chances are we will all get it in some way, I don’t think stopping people going to football or any other gathering will make much difference to the average person, but if you have any form of illness you should seriously consider staying at home.
ThatRoundThing

Premier League matches will now most likely be called off at an emergency meeting tomorrow re Arteta.
As I posted previously National League matches will soon be called off in my opinion.
Daggerman

As no league is yet decided and there is so much at stake regarding relegation across all leagues I think this season should be cancelled and written off, next year leagues should start with the same line ups as August 2019.
redboy

You serious? Just wipe out hundreds of games and start again. What about fans of Liverpool who’ve waited 30 years. What about qualifications for Europe, promotion and relegation that has a massive impact on everyone. What about clubs like us who are run on a shoestring and will lose vital income.

It’s likely Euro 2020 will be cancelled which could leave a window. I’m sure fixtures can be postponed and next season delayed. Scrap the league cup for a year to free up midweek fixtures and do the same for pointless international friendlies.
hockley dagger

I don't care about the premier league to be quite honest but public health is way more important than a few end of season football fixtures. It looks like quite a few footballers have contracted the virus or are being tested. I'd call it all off now. Someone died in Queen's Hospital yesterday..
Daggerman

redboy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:07 am You serious? Just wipe out hundreds of games and start again. What about fans of Liverpool who’ve waited 30 years. What about qualifications for Europe, promotion and relegation that has a massive impact on everyone. What about clubs like us who are run on a shoestring and will lose vital income.

It’s likely Euro 2020 will be cancelled which could leave a window. I’m sure fixtures can be postponed and next season delayed. Scrap the league cup for a year to free up midweek fixtures and do the same for pointless international friendlies.

Dead serious, couldn’t think of anything more I’d rather see than a sulking scours tosser
Daggerman

Should have read Scouse tosser
ARNU

It's only football. When you start losing friends and loved ones maybe that'll become more evident.

For me I'd give Liverpool the title but freeze the league's as they are and end the season
Nobody gets promoted or relegated and we go again when it's safe to do so.
NBDag

Big issue with just cancelling the season now is the whole Bury fiasco as it has a knock-on effect throughout the pyramid from League 1 down.

I’m not a medical expert so I’m not going to say whether I think the league is making the right or wrong choice in regards to cancelling games, but if they do the other big issue is what will happen to clubs’ finances. Can clubs at our level go god knows how long without playing games to generate income?

Is really quite scary the economic ramifications that can come from all of this... inside and outside the game.
ARNU

Almost overnight I have no work.
I will cope. Many won't.
When loads of people start dieing
( just 250 in Italy yesterday) maybe that will focus minds. Today is reasonably normal give it a few days Bury's plight will seem most unimportant.

You know they're going to cancel the league, today's game is a waste of time, potentially ( however slight)dangerous and therefore I think unnecessary.
Diggerthedog

Don’t think they will cancel the league, they’ll finish it at some point as we can’t all stay indoors for months or the world will stop. Cases won’t be as bad as Italy as we aren’t stupid enough to go around kissing each other whilst a virus is active.

My firm announced all European office are closed until further notice, not London.
ARNU

Yeovil just postponed their game with Barnet today. Barnet fans will probably have just been setting off.
Sense will prevail,but probably not until we're turning off the M25.