National League meeting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Seems the top brass at national League HQ are having a meeting in the next half hour to see where they stand. Can't believe they won't ban fixtures now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

That's a long meeting Arnu.
Still no announcement
Diggerthedog

Peter Freund is furious:

Every major sports league across the globe has postponed their seasons! @TheVanaramaNL must do the same or be known as the most tone deaf and foolish organization in exisitence. I will not support a decision to put our players, staff or supporters in harms way. Period @Dag_RedFC

I get his point but why we cancelling all these sporting events when shops, supermarkets and the fact we all still have to travel to work on packed tubes/trains? Government advice was to go ahead as normal and self isolate if you have symptoms, quite simple really. Media hype. Hong Kong is a prime example of the current stance our government have and they have very few cases despite having a border with China.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ESC final called off
ARNU

I'm pretty sure Woking will call it off off and judging by Peter Freund I'm guessing he'll be pushing to get the game called off anyway. I make him right. We should just finish the season today nobody goes up nobody goes down start again next season and give us some credit when we renew for the few matches on our season tickets that we now won't get to attend.
Diggerthedog

Working won’t call it off, they’re part time and only pay there players for 40 weeks a year so in the best interests to get the game played to finish the season ASAP.

If your making people go to work, shops, Schools etc makes no sense to call off a game with 1500 in attendance.
ARNU

I'm pretty much a conspiracy theorist. It's what the govt isn't telling you that you need to consider.

If for 1 minute you believe this virus is a bad thing, any sensible club / person / corporation has no choice but to cancel don't they ? If you go by their figures ( and they are reluctant to give them ) 650,000 deaths in the UK expected then you do have to observe a bit of caution surely. Anyone going to visit an old people's home could introduce it there and not know they've done it.
Anyway, I was going to Woking tomorrow but im still sure it'll be pulled.
RampantDuke

It’s all a bit pointless now. The peak is expected in the next few weeks so at that point the league will end anyway. I suspect that tomorrow will be the last games of the season as I believe most non league clubs don’t pay players through the summer so no chance of extending the season beyond April at our level. Not sure where that leaves promotion and relegation though. 🤔
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

From a purely football point of view I'd call it a day. Give whoever's top their medals but don't relegate anyone. Void the season. ( We get to stay up without all the agro)
Go again next season.
Diggerthedog

Totally agree with what your saying, it’s down to the general public being responsible for their own actions. If you’re sick stay indoors, unfortunately there are many irresponsible people out there who won’t take notice and will pass it on. Just over 3000 deaths in China to date not sure we will get anywhere near 650,00 over here.
ARNU

China tbf is hardly an open society. Your not hearing anything about Russia either. It's a bit off topic but if you're bored watch Joe Rogan on YouTube talking to this scientist whos worked in germ warfare and now works in this field, analysing and predicting pandemics.
This link :
https://youtu.be/cZFhjMQrVts

And if you like that clip the whole 90 minute interview is easy to find on there .
ThatRoundThing

The fact that the National League agreed to carry on will probably only be temporary. Solihull v Harrogate is postponed tonight.The Essex Senior Final is postponed as are many leagues lower than the three National Leagues.
It is now a matter for supporters to evaluate their own risk. Obviously anybody with any symptoms, however small, should not be attending.

In my case I am in the at risk age group and have previous medical history so I will not be attending at the moment. Yes I still have to shop for essentials but I try to get everything in one trip. I will not be attending any of my local pubs or social clubs or going out for meals. I am not using public transport, I am retired so it is easy for me but not for everybody I understand that. My partner is still going to work.

What I am trying to put across is that everybody, if you like, do their own risk assessment based on your own circumstances and work out if attending football at the moment is an extra risk you are prepared to take. If I we’re in the younger, fit and healthy group then I would probably feel that the risk is much lower so why not go to the game?
Leopardman

Their figures say a 1% mortality rate with a worst case scenario of 80% of the population catching the virus. That equates to around 50,000 deaths.
RampantDuke

Leopardman wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:08 pm Their figures say a 1% mortality rate with a worst case scenario of 80% of the population catching the virus. That equates to around 50,000 deaths.
Mr Leopard - the population of the UK is 67 million. 80% of that is 53 million and 1% of that is 530,000 (half a million people) - This ain't no common cold or flu as much as some people still insist on saying it is to make them feel better.:-(
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!