Who would we like McMahon to bring in...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
speedy

Who was our best player today? For those that attended the game.

Personally I thought Matt Robinson was up there today along with Gordon, Deering. To be honest all the boys put it in more than I’ve seen for ages. But sorry to single anyone out but Quigley, less said the better, missed his usual tap in from literally 3 yards, unbelievable miss.
Came away disappointed with the result but feeling positive and that’s down to seeing a team who actually showed some pride and passion and down to a manager who actually knew how to change things when needed.
All in all I thought the least we deserved was a draw which we would have got until that freak goal deep into stoppage time.
DaggerJoel11

There was lots of things different about our performance today, from the intensity of our pressing to the decent sequences of passing we produced, but unfortunately there was one thing that stayed the same as during the Taylor era and that was that we simply cannot finish. No manager can prevent our supposed centre-forward from missing from barely a yard with an effort you would expect anyone to score.

Yet that wasn't the most unbelievable moment of the match as they scored an incredible winning goal you simply have to hold your hands up and appreciate. From the second he lined up the shot it looked promising, and it was a shame as we deserved a replay at the very least. Such quality we simply don't have, we couldn't score from two yards let alone fifty.

However, looking on the downside, we've lost to their second string side really, so how does anybody expect us to beat their full-strength one in a fortnight. Big couple of weeks ahead; there were positives today but until we get a clinical striker those positives won't translate into points or wins.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
EssexDagger!

Boreham Wood today have signed Adi Yussef on loan from Blackpool, had a blinder of a season for Solihull Moors last year.

His a striker I wouldn’t say no too!
Alan

Wonder if that means they’re resigned to losing one of theirs
SUSSEX DAGGER

Commented on young Joe White in another thread. Remember him ?
Could be nearing the end of his contract at Stevenage . Obviously not made the progress there but has been.knocking them in for Biggleswade for two seasons.

We lost him in the great ARTHUR DALY mess , the feeling at the time was that we could not pay them for the Locko loan and he was the price we had to pay.

John Still and Benson spoke highly and did find the net on his only start for us.

Thats the type I would like to see us sign
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:55 pm Commented on young Joe White in another thread. Remember him ?
Could be nearing the end of his contract at Stevenage . Obviously not made the progress there but has been.knocking them in for Biggleswade for two seasons.

We lost him in the great ARTHUR DALY mess , the feeling at the time was that we could not pay them for the Locko loan and he was the price we had to pay.

John Still and Benson spoke highly and did find the net on his only start for us.

Left Stevenage plays for Hendon.
BarkingRambo

Well I was half right with Marsh-Brown just got the wrong Trinity team. Signed for Memphis
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:10 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:55 pm Commented on young Joe White in another thread. Remember him ?

Left Stevenage plays for Hendon.
Thanks I did not know that he,had left Stevenage knew he was out on loan doing well at Biggleswade
HGDagger

Dobson has been loaned out to Hemel for the rest of the season https://twitter.com/Dag_RedFC/status/12 ... 2413826048
redboy

So is that it? Are we not bringing anyone else in? Does anyone think this squad is good enough to stay up? I expected some significant signings but frankly Im underwhelmed.