Who would we like McMahon to bring in...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Agree with Mark. He isn’t helped by the lack of quality crosses delivered by our players. We don’t exactly have a Sam Saunders or a Danny Green providing a succession of crosses for our forwards to feed on.
Coydagger

Alan wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:56 pm Agree with Mark. He isn’t helped by the lack of quality crosses delivered by our players. We don’t exactly have a Sam Saunders or a Danny Green providing a succession of crosses for our forwards to feed on.
He’s had chances. Lots of them infact infront of goal this season and more often than not he doesn’t score.
Alan

He’s missed chances, of course he has. But the point I’m making is that we don’t have many chances and so unless we improve the service as well, we need a striker who never misses.
Diggerthedog

I can remember at least 6-7 chances he could be scoring from and he doesn't, also when he gives a ball out wide he's too pedestrian just jogs into the area, a striker should be sprinting into position to be on the end of it. Watch the highlights from Saturday, abysmal player. Two year deal FFS.
Alan

Don’t disagree. But if we are saying he’s scored 4 and missed 6 or 7, the would make him a striker who scores from 36-40% of chances created. He’s not a good striker, but the service to our strikers is woeful and so whoever we get in, the service has to improve.
Diggerthedog

It does indeed, amazing how Taylor was allowed to spend money on such tripe.
EssexDagger!

Corey Whitely has signed for Bromley on loan from Newport County.
Mark

His career is kinda passing him by for someone with a lot of ability.
BarkingRambo

If B&D Post have got it right we are linked with a Nottingham Forest forward on loan. Virgil Gomis. Forest have loaned a few players to us in the past so this doesn't seem out there. McMahon managed him at Macclesfield too. On paper he has a goalscoring record worse than Quigley but then again so did Wilkinson.
daggersjeff

We need another player like Jamie Cureton, to profit from Quigley's flick ons........ in fact, I would :punk: :thumbu:
Diggerthedog

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:55 pm I can remember at least 6-7 chances he could be scoring from and he doesn't, also when he gives a ball out wide he's too pedestrian just jogs into the area, a striker should be sprinting into position to be on the end of it. Watch the highlights from Saturday, abysmal player. Two year deal FFS.
Add another sitter to that list. Pay up his contract he will never be what we want.
Alan

The commentators didn’t quite know what to say or how to explain it.
EssexDagger!

Daryl has now seen 2 full matches of his new side in action in the past 7 days, I’m sure it’s enough already for him to see with his own eyes where he needs to strengthen and I have no doubt he is already in talks with potential strikers before the Barnet game next weekend.

Ideally we could do without the Essex senior game midweek as that is another training session the manager has lost to work with the lads before Barnet away.

Who was our best player today? For those that attended the game.
Alan

Or it gives him an opportunity to implement his style in a competitive game.
Diggerthedog

Manager said he will change everyone if he can for ESC. I agree pointless cup when we can still be relegated.