Who would we like McMahon to bring in...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
A S dagger97

With Jack taylor going to Pompey, would they be looking at letting Ollie Hawkins go out on loan? we could do worse than bring him in as he's a proven finisher at this level. He's only made 5 apps for them this season
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

A S dagger97 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:34 pm With Jack taylor going to Pompey, would they be looking at letting Ollie Hawkins go out on loan? we could do worse than bring him in as he's a proven finisher at this level. He's only made 5 apps for them this season
If we sign Hawkins I’ll piggy back him all the way up the M3
Mark

I thought he was massively overrated but at this point I'd snap your arm off for him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Do we need another Centre Half , because that is where Hawkins has played for most of the time this season and last at the Skates and where I am told by their faithful is where they prefer him .
He never let us down when he played for us there either.
We already have enough who have forgotten how to play up front .
Just a word of warning to the new boss , he is aware those he currently has cost the last bloke his job
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:28 pm Do we need another Centre Half , because that is where Hawkins has played for most of the time this season at the Skates.

We already have enough who have forgotten how to play up front .
Just a word of warning to the new boss , he is aware those he currently has lost the last bloke his job
Adrian

Mark wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:15 pm I thought he was massively overrated but at this point I'd snap your arm off for him.
Massively overrated? He was being moaned about all the time. Mainly because he did what he was told to and not chase around like a headless chicken.

We'd need someone that could cross a ball if we did bring him back though.
Mark

He was told to stay central and was very bad at holding the ball up, offloading it, or taking up good positions. He scored a few goals cos he could head the ball quite well, but I was glad to take the money for him. Right now he'd score a few but that's just the point - he is probably a lower league two standard player, which is what we might need to drag us up a few places.
stanton101

He was deadly from a yard out.
A S dagger97

Adrian wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:35 pm
Mark wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:15 pm I thought he was massively overrated but at this point I'd snap your arm off for him.
Massively overrated? He was being moaned about all the time. Mainly because he did what he was told to and not chase around like a headless chicken.

We'd need someone that could cross a ball if we did bring him back though.
Will Wright can put a half decent cross in but im not sure about having our full backs playing that high up unless they are particularly fast which wright isn't
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Dagger Steve

stanton101 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:30 am He was deadly from a yard out.
Which is an instant improvement over what we currently have.
Coydagger

Dagger Steve wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:21 am
stanton101 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:30 am He was deadly from a yard out.
Which is an instant improvement over what we currently have.
1. Hawkins would never drop down to us in the position we’re in. Seriously who do we think we are? We’re battling relegation in the conference.
2. Can’t remember anyone saying he was average when he was banging them in. His injury at Lincoln really cost us come those playoffs
dagger4eva

I might be a lone voice here, and I cant believe I'm saying it but, I would prefer Quigley over Hawkins in the "holding a ball up" "big man" role....

My own personal memory of Hawkins as a striker was he was fcuking shite!

Still don't know how he stole a move to Pompey in the 1st place.
Coydagger

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:44 am I might be a lone voice here, and I cant believe I'm saying it but, I would prefer Quigley over Hawkins in the "holding a ball up" "big man" role....

My own personal memory of Hawkins as a striker was he was fcuking shite!

Still don't know how he stole a move to Pompey in the 1st place.
Forwards are meant to score goals. Quigley doesn’t do that and never will do that. We moan that we can’t score goals after every sat. Yet you would rather Quigley than a guy who nearly scored I half of his games with us. Quigley isn’t fit to lace up Hawkins boots. Thanks for making me laugh this morning
dagger4eva

Actually my honest view is also that Quigley is nowhere near good enough either but I at least some effort from the lad which can be more than said for some his lessor counterparts (Mullins, Dickson et al)

Sooner we get Balanta back AND another 1 or 2 quality forwards in, the better. I think we can all agree on that.
Mark

I think Quigley is quite a good footballer but unfortunately he isn't a good goalscorer. He could probably play alongside a natural goalscorer and do well but when he's meant to be the goalscorer alongside a link man it's never going to work.