Thompson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rebeldagger

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:23 pm Dose of realism here but how many football managers ever have "applied" for a job at another club whilst currently being employed?

I reckon you could easily count the number on 1 hand.

I don't know why you would / should completely rule out making any approach for an employed manager if you really wanted them and/or limit yourself to one that is already out of work, but then very little our board have done the last few years has made much sense.
Didn't Mr Dagenham himself John Still go to Barnet only hours after announcing he'd be leaving Dagenham and that he didn't have another club? Or have I completely missremembered that?

Either way, I'm thinking that by the Barnet game, if not sooner, we'll have our man in place, whomever he may be.
Coydagger

Does anyone have a link to this interview please?
Dag82

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:23 pm Dose of realism here but how many football managers ever have "applied" for a job at another club whilst currently being employed?

I reckon you could easily count the number on 1 hand.

I don't know why you would / should completely rule out making any approach for an employed manager if you really wanted them and/or limit yourself to one that is already out of work, but then very little our board have done the last few years has made much sense.
Absolutely spot on !!.

:banghead:
ARNU

It’s just etiquette and politics. Garrard will know the vacancy exists and no doubt will have been made aware of our interest. Even if Thommo or anyone else had made an approach they wouldn’t broadcast it would they ? Tweet the geezer yourself if you want. ( don’t do twitter myself but it can’t be that hard)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dag82

If that comment is correct about not approaching anyone, I would say am 80% plus convinced, its gonna be Garry Hill
Mick

Dag82 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:54 pm Get that yeah, but that statement is almost certainly ruling out Garrard then.

:banghead:
But l guess that statement rules Pochettino in!
HGDagger

Coydagger wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:20 pm Does anyone have a link to this interview please?
https://www.time1075.net/popupagain/?au ... 95_113.mp3

33 minutes in
Dagger Steve

As always, a lot of noise being made over nothing.

There will be numerous informal chats happening - but in the media, and therefore publicly, it's been stated that no one will be poached. As ARNU states it's just politics.

Also the point that managers being out of work are useless simply isn't true - these days there is such a high turnover of managers, and many examples of clubs being successful and achieving promotion, to then get rid when things get slightly wobbly the following season when they fall out of favour.

Don't get me wrong i'm still slightly apprehensive of what decision is going to be made, but i'm hoping the likes of Howard are having direct influence into this, and we'll appoint sensibly.
ThatRoundThing

I think Mr Thompson is being very optimistic but not realistic. We all want our club to start a winning run but most importantly avoid relegation.

Current Bet 365 odds: Top7 100/1. Promoted: 500/1. League Outright Winners: 1000/1