Worried of Redbridge

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Alan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:00 pm I think some people are insulting the intelligence of the owners and forgetting that Tim Howard is part of the group - he knows a little about football. I’d say they’re more likely to get fed up with moaning supporters than bad results.
Keep up with the shite football and there won't be any fans left for them to listen to.
Alan

I think you’re missing the point I was making. Owning a football club isn’t a money making operation, it’s a hobby. It’s supposed to be fun for us and for them. We’ve already lost one owner due to his experience with supporters.

I get that it’s shit and Taylor has assembled one of the dullest squads I’ve seen play football. I’d imagine that the owners can see that it’s shit. I’d also imagine that they’re giving him a slight pass because of the injuries to Deering, Phipps, Odametey and Robinson in centre mid plus Balanta. I doubt that pass will last forever. It does not excuse the quality of the rest of the squad, or the fact that he’s assembled a group of strikers without a goal scorer among them.
Coydagger

Alan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:02 am I think you’re missing the point I was making. Owning a football club isn’t a money making operation, it’s a hobby. It’s supposed to be fun for us and for them. We’ve already lost one owner due to his experience with supporters.

I get that it’s shit and Taylor has assembled one of the dullest squads I’ve seen play football. I’d imagine that the owners can see that it’s shit. I’d also imagine that they’re giving him a slight pass because of the injuries to Deering, Phipps, Odametey and Robinson in centre mid plus Balanta. I doubt that pass will last forever. It does not excuse the quality of the rest of the squad, or the fact that he’s assembled a group of strikers without a goal scorer among them.

Well do the right thing and cut ties with him, then it would be a much happier place for everyone (if they get the next appointment right)
Diggerthedog

I think we're all forgetting one thing here and that if the product is crap people will refuse pay for it, who in their right mind would pay £21 to see a team set up to defend first and attack second? Yes they are not here to make money but they will be losing a lot more in the current climate and will continue to do so. I honestly thought they would bring in there own man/woman to run the place, this is the ultimate failure and leads to the same old time after time. I'm still not surprised that after such an horrendous run the manager still finds himself in a job, it is though utter madness and could see us relegated.

So on Boxing Day we have a game, who will be paying £15-£21 if you don't have a season ticket? Very few is my guess. Last season we had about 2000 home fans the same day lucky if we have half. Funny its Boxing Day that last saw us play like a proper team, the last year 12 months has been quite frankly abysmal given the resources afforded to the manager. Record below, but lets blame injuries. I blame the tactics.

Played 46
Won 13
Drawn 13
Lost 20
Scored 50
Conceded 58
Points 52
stanton101

Alan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:02 am I think you’re missing the point I was making. Owning a football club isn’t a money making operation, it’s a hobby. It’s supposed to be fun for us and for them. We’ve already lost one owner due to his experience with supporters.

So what do you expect supporters to do? Put up and shut up. It might well be a bag of laughs sitting 3000+ miles away being drip fed how marvellous Pete and the gang are, but try watching it, week in week out.
These people are successful business people, surely they can see that things aren't right. Tables don't lie.
In a land where the emphasis on customer satisfaction has always been of paramount importance, you would have thought that they'd have guessed by now that things are not going to plan. If this was happening in the States, there would be inquests galore, people over there tend to be more vociferous when it comes to things going badly. You can bet your bottom dollar, Taylor and his minions would have been shown the door ages ago over there, so why should we be any different?
And Tim Howard of all people should know just what football means to people over here having spent the majority of his career in England. Most if not all the fans are extremely grateful for what they've done with the team and the ground, but there's cutting the manager some slack and there's also cutting your own throat which is exactly what's happening at the moment. You can still keep tabs on things no matter what the distance, but you should also listen to the fans and what they're saying. Maybe, just maybe, sometimes they do have opinions that count.
Alan

I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying that I’d be surprised if they aren’t seeing the results and performances are shit and the suggestions on here over recent weeks that they don’t care, don’t know what they’re doing of only bought the club because houses could be built on the site are not really helpful.

I’ve missed a huge number of games this year due to family commitments. What I have seen when I’ve gone has been poor. The squad looks bereft of ideas in midfield and lacks a goalscorer. Despite what has been spent, we look worse than last year. The owners must realise that, they’re not daft. They’ll see the disconnect between their ambition and what is being delivered.

The owners are approachable, they do respond to correspondence and contact through social media. We also have a supporters board rep. But I think telling the owners they don’t care, don’t know what they’re doing or bought the club to build houses is not going to achieve anything other than alienate them.
Richie

Alan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:28 am I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying that I’d be surprised if they aren’t seeing the results and performances are shit and the suggestions on here over recent weeks that they don’t care, don’t know what they’re doing of only bought the club because houses could be built on the site are not really helpful.

I’ve missed a huge number of games this year due to family commitments. What I have seen when I’ve gone has been poor. The squad looks bereft of ideas in midfield and lacks a goalscorer. Despite what has been spent, we look worse than last year. The owners must realise that, they’re not daft. They’ll see the disconnect between their ambition and what is being delivered.

The owners are approachable, they do respond to correspondence and contact through social media. We also have a supporters board rep. But I think telling the owners they don’t care, don’t know what they’re doing or bought the club to build houses is not going to achieve anything other than alienate them.
Well said Alan.
ThatRoundThing

My experience in business it not to dissimilar to our current plight. I worked for a guy who had several branches of a successful business but one area was underperforming and it wasn’t local to the core business. Several one day visits to the struggling branch didn’t pinpoint the problem as mysteriously there was a massive improvement on these announced visits by the owners.
What eventually happened was that a proven and trusted employee of the company was sent up there for two weeks and in that time found all the problems that stemmed from the manager and filtered down through other staff and gave a whole host of answers to lack of customers, falling turnover and much more. The manager and a few others were sacked.

It is all very well the owners coming over and enjoying their match day hospitality experience where no doubt extra effort around the club has been the order of the day to all staff but a representative of Trinity Sports Holdings over here for a week or two examining ALL areas of the club would surely uncover areas that needed immediate attention. Spend some time to chat to fans in various areas of the ground on match day, find out why many fans are drinking and eating elsewhere before and after games and generally getting feedback from the paying customers. The rest of the time they could spend shadowing club staff including directors, management, treatment room, training pitch and all other club staff to get a real feel of the day to day running of our club.
dagger4eva

ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:57 am My experience in business it not to dissimilar to our current plight. I worked for a guy who had several branches of a successful business but one area was underperforming and it wasn’t local to the core business. Several one day visits to the struggling branch didn’t pinpoint the problem as mysteriously there was a massive improvement on these announced visits by the owners.
What eventually happened was that a proven and trusted employee of the company was sent up there for two weeks and in that time found all the problems that stemmed from the manager and filtered down through other staff and gave a whole host of answers to lack of customers, falling turnover and much more. The manager and a few others were sacked.

It is all very well the owners coming over and enjoying their match day hospitality experience where no doubt extra effort around the club has been the order of the day to all staff but a representative of Trinity Sports Holdings over here for a week or two examining ALL areas of the club would surely uncover areas that needed immediate attention. Spend some time to chat to fans in various areas of the ground on match day, find out why many fans are drinking and eating elsewhere before and after games and generally getting feedback from the paying customers. The rest of the time they could spend shadowing club staff including directors, management, treatment room, training pitch and all other club staff to get a real feel of the day to day running of our club.
Agree WITH THIS one billion percent !!!

I would be wholly amazed if it hasn't actually already happened (on more than one occasion) but they should have sent over 'secret shoppers' so to speak (basically what you described above)

I also think something like a 'customer satisfaction questionnaire' or feedback form to find out some of the issues surrounding all aspects a supporters
complete matchday experience or in fact experience of the club outside of gameday (thoughts on website, social media, club shop opening hours, clubhouse etc. etc.)

IMO the Americans have done a truly fantastic job in everything they've put their hand to so far, including the budget they gave the 3 stooges to be able to compete on the pitch.

Its astounding now however that:
a) action to replace Taylor and Co has not yet been taken.
b) they haven't got shot of the dead wood 'running' the club on a day to day basis and undertaken a process to get their own man/woman in, to run it in the professional manner that it deserves.

Until at least b) of the above is completed, I think all involved with Trinity Sports will be flogging a dead horse.
stanton101

Alan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:28 am I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying that I’d be surprised if they aren’t seeing the results and performances are shit and the suggestions on here over recent weeks that they don’t care, don’t know what they’re doing of only bought the club because houses could be built on the site are not really helpful.

You're putting words in my mouth Alan. I've never once suggested that they don't care or have an ulterior motive for buying the club. And I agree that saying such things would indeed cause a rift at the club.
If some have that cynical outlook then that's up to them. It's all about opinions at the end of the day, but I'm not one of them. All I want is to watch a decent game of football on a Saturday. If we win, great. If we lose, then it's not the end of the world. But I'm truly staggered by Peter Taylor and his outdated methods that have eroded any enjoyment I have for the match day experience. I just cannot believe that as we enter the festive period with matches coming thick and fast, changes haven't been made. I wasn't expecting miracles, but i didn't expect the outright rubbish I've witnessed this season. Constantly relying on one player to bail us out, no striker capable of hitting the net, formations that would baffle Einstein and I won't even go in to the substitutions to try and actually win a match!
It's all very frustrating and whilst the owners seem amiable people, surely they want success as much as we do. A more hands on approach would be beneficial for all concerned I think, that way the fans wouldn't be feeling the way they do.
Alan

I didn’t say you had, but others have questioned their motives etc.

I think that constructive efforts to engage with the owners are more likely to be heard than some of the counterproductive stuff that has been posted recently. The suggestion of having someone from their organisation here for a few weeks was something I too had in mind. We need to find ways to make things work to improve the club and not reasons why things won’t work or that we tried something once 15 years ago and it didn’t work in that occasion.

For example, why not do kids for a quid type schemes at times when we could sell season tickets eg first and last game of season?

Why not have a singer in the bar after the game - he/she could do a song at half time to plug that they be performing in the bar after the game.

Why not have some hot snacks in the bars after games? Keep people in the bars spending money.
Auntie Merge

Peter Freund just tweeted.

https://twitter.com/sportsholdings/stat ... 18944?s=21

Wishing all @Dag_RedFC supporters a very Happy Christmas🎄!! @MemphisGM & I look forward to being back across the pond for @BarnetFC match on Jan 18th. We WILL get this back on track, we WILL get healthy, and we KNOW you're frustrated, so are WE! Appreciate your patience #COYD ⚔️
ARNU

I’m sure the yanks know what they are doing. I don’t think anyone should be allowed to emotionally blackmail us into silence though. ( don’t dare complain or we’ll get out type thing )The football , the manager and results are not acceptable right now. If they are too delicate to take that ( and it is true ) then maybe they should bail out. Football fans are fickle, 2 wins and a draw over Xmas would shut us all up I’m sure. We were not expecting a relegation battle to be fair, and I truly believe if the yanks had a permanent presence things would improve.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm Peter Freund just tweeted.

Wishing all @Dag_RedFC supporters a very Happy Christmas🎄!! @MemphisGM & I look forward to being back across the pond for @BarnetFC match on Jan 18th. We WILL get this back on track, we WILL get healthy, and we KNOW you're frustrated, so are WE! Appreciate your patience #COYD ⚔️
Seems that they think injuries are an issue which is a worry. I see this turning out with getting Balanta back and we limp to mid table and stick with Taylor.
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:34 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm Peter Freund just tweeted.

Seems that they think injuries are an issue which is a worry. I see this turning out with getting Balanta back and we limp to mid table and stick with Taylor.
They are an issue for sure, not the only issue but I think they do warrant a mention. Same story at Man City with Laporte, West Ham with the keeper etc. Most teams will have key players that can't be replaced.

BUT, we were only 10th or so before the injuries so were still under-performing.