Ian Chalkley R.I.P.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
D@Rsupportersclubweb

It’s with great sadness that the supporter's club have learned this afternoon that supporter’s club member Ian Chalkley has sadly passed away today, most fans would know him as “Ian Ian Ian”.

Ian was a loyal supporter and travelled everywhere supporting the Daggers the team he loved. Ian was even at Saturday game against Chorley.

Our thoughts are with his Mum, Dad, family and friends at this sad time.

More details about Ian Funeral arrangement will be issued in due course.

God bless you Ian R.I.P.
Daggernewbie

R.I.P. Ian will miss you on our away trips .
HGDagger

Rest in peace Ian, you were a great character
Diggerthedog

Really sad, RIP Ian Ian Ian Ian
ARNU

A real character at every away match and home. Didn’t know him personally but like every daggers fan we all knew him. I saw him at Chorley Saturday, always said hello and normally sang Ian Ian Ian Ian as he walked off. Part of the daggers furniture he’ll be sadly missed. RIP
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
LondonDagger

Rest Easy Ian! Top Man, you will be missed!
ThatRoundThing

Oh for ffs, Ian was so harmless and friendly and to to some .. the greatest pain in the arse you could ever wish to meet. Will meet up with you in the future, in the mean while, rest in peace my friend.
DevonDagger

Absolutely gutted to hear this. I think I only once or two had very brief interactions with Ian but everyone knows him and he epitomises what I love about this level of football. Can't really imagine away days without seeing him turn up (often seemingly running late!)

Will be missed sorely, thoughts to his family and close friends.
Dagdale

Really shocked to hear that tonight as like many have said he was in Chorley Saturday and just goes to show how precious life is, he loved the daggers and didn't miss many games, always looked out for me for a chat, will never forget him on someones shoulders at Luton relegation season giving a mighty blast on Dagenham! Dagenham! Dagenham! a stone throws from Lutons lot in the Oak Road, one of the lads, were really miss him! RIP
SUSSEX DAGGER

Totally shocked ,first Person I bumped into at Chorley on Saturday. He spent the game wth about a dozen of us In and amongst the Chorley fans.
Half way through the second half he kindly lent me a fag until the next time I saw him,sadly I cant now repay that kind gesture.
A real legend amongst the away following and how I will miss his normal remark of "Its Shocking" and " Two very poor teams".

Rest in peace mate away games will never be the same again somehow
hockley dagger

Sad to hear this news. Minute's applause on Saturday? Perhaps someone could contact the chairman?
daggersjeff

Very sad news, RIP Ian Ian Ian
ARNU

A minute of Ian Ian and applause wouldn’t be a bad idea.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

R.I.P. Ian.
Very sad news indeed.
Auntie Merge

RIP Ian. Very sad news.