Wood
Dobson
Seaden
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
EssexDagger!

We probably would be able if we recalled our LB back from
Dartford
Alan

I don’t think you can recall a player in the first month of loan. Not that Liam is the answer.
EssexDagger!

Liam’s not the answer but it looks better if a professional football can field the correct amount of substitutes on a match day.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Which in.turn there is no competition for places which means certain players can strut around showing no desire knowing their place in the team is assured

Three Players out od todays squad were John Still signings and they stood like sore dicks amongst those other assortment of Rag Bag and,Bobtail men
Alan

But Sussex, one area in which there is cover is left back - Wood is on the bench.

The squad is poor. There’s a host of injuries (Balanta, Deering, House, Manny, Croll, Odametey, Phipps and Graham - have I missed any?). So you can understand, if not agree with, the owners’ position. They will say we brought in Deering and House to bring goals and you saw what they’re capable of, but they’re injured.

The players who supporters look to as saviours eg Kandi, Gordon and Lucque are just not that good - they’re getting nowhere near the first team of a side challenging to get I to league 2. Gordon has potential but his defensive play is terrible at times - his display at Carshalton was nothing short of woeful, for example. Lucque is feted despite going missing in games and missing sitters. Kandi has been here a while now and people seem to have forgotten his inability to stick the ball in the net when played up front.
Dagdale

Spot on there mate with the added inclusion that the ability to be a successful side any level is a good squad of players with trusted back up. just look at Barrow. The difference with yet another defeat in the North West yesterday was watching Chorley a side who really wanted it and in their two titans at the back Teague and Meppen-Walters were outstanding and got the job done, fight like that their get out of it, and so should we, Another 19hours on the road and feel like short changed yet again, this level we know were probably have more bad trips home than good but all we want is fight in the team!
Adrian

Alan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:36 am But Sussex, one area in which there is cover is left back - Wood is on the bench.

The squad is poor. There’s a host of injuries (Balanta, Deering, House, Manny, Croll, Odametey, Phipps and Graham - have I missed any?). So you can understand, if not agree with, the owners’ position. They will say we brought in Deering and House to bring goals and you saw what they’re capable of, but they’re injured.

The players who supporters look to as saviours eg Kandi, Gordon and Lucque are just not that good - they’re getting nowhere near the first team of a side challenging to get I to league 2. Gordon has potential but his defensive play is terrible at times - his display at Carshalton was nothing short of woeful, for example. Lucque is feted despite going missing in games and missing sitters. Kandi has been here a while now and people seem to have forgotten his inability to stick the ball in the net when played up front.
While the 3 you’ve named certainly aren’t world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, they’re no worse than everyone else that we have in their respective positions.
On paper it certainly doesn’t look like sending Gordon out and brining Stevenson in has made much difference.
I don’t think there’s a player in our squad other than Justham and Balanta (and no one seemed to be trying to get him away from Boreham Wood until we did) that anyone challenging for promotion is going to look to make a regular starter.
Alan

Don’t disagree, I only mention those three as they’re frequently mentioned as some sort of saviours.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Luquie is this season Reynolds . Promised much more then he really is capable of.