Taylor undergoes operation.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

According to the website Peter Taylor has undergone surgery on his knee and Will not be taking over his duties this week at Chorley, leaving Terry Harris in charge.
I personally wish him well and with our expert medical team in charge to help out if need be, hope to see him back by 2023.
NBDag

Terry Harris in charge... hardly fills me with hope still.
Diggerthedog

Jody Brown will be in charge, will still be the same set up as the manager is due back.

Football opinions aside let’s hope he makes a full recovery as knee replacement is serious surgery.
DevonDagger

I wish him the very best with his recovery. If it is specifically a knee replacement as Dtd said, a close family member had this a short time ago and it's been very tough road so far for us but they do vary case by case. Hope all goes smoothly for him.

If the board decided in a change of management, I personally have been quite impressed by Jody Brown in his time here and prior. Would certainly have thrown his hat into the ring, I am intrigued to see how the next couple games go.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagenham.dont like sacking Managers.How long has his contract left to run and is this what many Companies call Gardening leave ?. All happend rather quickly has it not
IanC

You know what sussex this is what ive said to my mates,i had this operation 4 years ago,and its been brilliant for me.But its without doubt a 3 month job at least until your fully recovered,and I had to use crutches etc for up to 6 weeks.
Its obvious the manager has needed the operation for some time and he has delayed for as long as possible.And now that he does need it,and Aldershot apart weve been crap for some time,maybe this is the chance of a nice and gentle parting of ways.Suits all parties and no need to wield the axe.
Or are we just overthinking it!
stanton101

IanC wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 pm You know what sussex this is what ive said to my mates,i had this operation 4 years ago,and its been brilliant for me.But its without doubt a 3 month job at least until your fully recovered,and I had to use crutches etc for up to 6 weeks.
Its obvious the manager has needed the operation for some time and he has delayed for as long as possible.And now that he does need it,and Aldershot apart weve been crap for some time,maybe this is the chance of a nice and gentle parting of ways.Suits all parties and no need to wield the axe.
Or are we just overthinking it!
Funny how he managed to stay upright for most of the match the other night. Him and Harris looked like two clueless bookends. Gammy leg or not, doesn't stop him from using his gob when we're playing shite and sitting in the dugout like a petulant child during half time doesn't work either.
Pondfield Dagger

Won't be surprised if we go up to Chorley and win tomorrow, equivalent of new manager bounce Harris will fire them without someone in his hear hole Lol up like Currie did when john Still was unwell we pulled of a Few surprising wins I remember.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:46 pm Jody Brown will be in charge, will still be the same set up as the manager is due back.

Football opinions aside let’s hope he makes a full recovery as knee replacement is serious surgery.
+1
IanC

Only problem is Taylor will still pick the team!!
EssexDagger!

Taylor can’t lose really now ... picks the team, our dismal form continues and Terry Harris & Jody Brown will take the flack.

Taylor returns a few weeks later with us in the bottom 4 and in charge again for the busy Christmas period.
bloke down the pub

It's a team we need.I'm Ok with P.T.
redboy

Taylor is the clown who recruited, picks and is supposed to manage and motivate them. What else will it take for him to be sacked. He will never resign as he’s too up his own arse and nobody else will want him.
Leedag

Can always rely on the daggers to mess up a your 4k weekend acca.
Chigwellian

bloke down the pub wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:04 pm It's a team we need.I'm Ok with P.T.
Really?? ... then you can't go to any away games then to see the way we set up