Taylor out !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

I'm sure the owners have already looked at it but we do need an investigation into why there are so many injuries. Why does everyone out for a week or two end up on the operating table. Is it outdated equipment, staff, practices, do we rush guys back into training too early and make problems worse, all of the above. I can't believe its just hard luck when its every year.
Mark

It's tough to do anything about joints. Potentially warning signs could have been missed, potentially the training ground can cause problems if it isn't flat. We've had a fair few muscle injuries lately though which shouldn't really be happening. Could be fatigue could be weaknesses could just be rank bad luck.
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:41 pm Amongst many other things Thommo found the yanks in the first place !!

I’d say Thompson took the club forward from certain bankruptcy and potentially going out of business to where we are now. I also seem to remember him being at the helm when we cruised up the leagues to league1 against the odds too. I don’t know the bloke he might be obnoxious, I don’t know but he clearly gives a shit. I mean he doesn’t boycott games when we’re on a losing streak or flips out when we get a few new seats put in. He didn’t scare off Glynn Hopkins with stupid flags either. ( I concede the flags were funny for the first ten minutes). Wayne Burnett had to go but even he finished 9th and 14th in lg2 and we’d chop out a kidney for that right now wouldn’t we? So I can’t see why people keep digging out Thommo. The manager I think we know ain’t really gonna take us up,that is not down to Thompson either is it? If you believe in being fair even Taylor over achieved last season so he was always going to get a crack this season. Me included, supporting Daggers is a good excuse to have a good moan innit? That’s why I’m going Chorley, to have a good moan at a nailed on defeat lol
Good arguments. However, we cruised up to league 1, did the club grow at all? Or was it being run as a non league club in the football league? Did we get lazy, take our eye off the ball (excuse the pun) as regards all the off the pitch activities (sponsorship, function rooms etc) because we had all the football league money coming in and no longer had to work as hard to bring in cash? And let's talk about the overspending... what happened to put us in the path of Glenn Tamplin and Glyn Hopkin? Yes players were on contracts, but after that... we didn't seem to be making a concerted effort but kept spending... possibly overspending. Look at the club badge clipart, where supporters stopped buying merchandise in the club shop because they hated the clipart club badge.
One has to look too at the amount of people who have been told 'they are no longer welcome at the club', the number of loyal supporters who are boycotting the bars, and how empty the bars usually are after a game.

In any business, Managing Directors would be moved on after a period. We need someone at the top with fresh ideas, who can bring in new sponsorship and start running the club like it is 2020, 2025 even, not someone who is stuck somewhere in the 1980s.
hockley dagger

Isn't one of the issues having an MD (a member of the board) rather than a CEO who reports to the board? To be honest I don't know the guy but the governance structure seems old fashioned. It's not my company though!
Mike the Dagger

hockley dagger wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm Isn't one of the issues having an MD (a member of the board) rather than a CEO who reports to the board? To be honest I don't know the guy but the governance structure seems old fashioned. It's not my company though!
People may be forgetting that Thommo still has a shareholding.
hockley dagger

I understand he's a shareholder but that doesn't automatically lead to a directorship. Anyway that's up to the shareholders as a whole and not really my concern. As I said I don't know the bloke and have no axe to grind.
HGDagger

Last stand tonight?
A S dagger97

Injuries are making Taylor job harder however, you shouldn't lose games when you're 1-0 up in 2nd half and at home simple as... Think it's time for those 4 words I've been holding back on. IT'S TIME TO GO!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
NBDag

Really hope tonight was the last that we ever see of Peter Taylor.
Sagres

16th Hide behind all the injuries but you & your full time squad are no better than last year with all the extra money!!
EssexDagger!

Apart from Justham,Robbo & Kandi, they were all Taylor’s signings on the pitch, The team HE built this summer, the team that was supposed to get us promoted..

Yes we have injuries but that team should be more than capable of beating a Sutton side who were 3rd from bottom only on goal difference!

2 wins in the last 11 games on one of the best budgets in the league, apart from the Aldershot game, the football has been drab and turgid with a negative approach, we will never get out of such an ordinary league with such a negative approach, we are giving this league way too much respect, apart from Barrow I honestly haven’t seen a side that has overly impressed this season and even then Barrow are not a patch on the Salford/Orient from last year.

Time to go Taylor, time for a younger man to take the reigns and we have still enough of the season left for the new manager to get a good look at his squad and see who’s up to it and who is not good enough before the summer, where he can build his own title challenging side.
Daggernewbie

EssexDagger! wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:11 pm Apart from Justham,Robbo & Kandi, they were all Taylor’s signings on the pitch, The team HE built this summer, the team that was supposed to get us promoted..

Yes we have injuries but that team should be more than capable of beating a Sutton side who were 3rd from bottom only on goal difference!

2 wins in the last 11 games on one of the best budgets in the league, apart from the Aldershot game, the football has been drab and turgid with a negative approach, we will never get out of such an ordinary league with such a negative approach, we are giving this league way too much respect, apart from Barrow I honestly haven’t seen a side that has overly impressed this season and even then Barrow are not a patch on the Salford/Orient from last year.

Time to go Taylor, time for a younger man to take the reigns and we have still enough of the season left for the new manager to get a good look at his squad and see who’s up to it and who is not good enough before the summer, where he can build his own title challenging side.
Here are some stats :- At the moment we are bottom of the form guide for the last 6 games winning one out of six so that means 3 points from 18 and 23rd for the last ten games with 8 points only Sutton are worse by one point, at this rate we be in the relegation battle soon.
EssexDagger!

I think if we had owners based in this country then Taylor would of been relieved of his duties by now..
Doesn’t help when they only manage to see 1 live game every few months & before anybody mentions they have access to a recording of the every match... Its not the same is it!

Not that I’m ungrateful to owners as without them we more than likely wouldn’t have a fc, they have certainly put money where their mouth is but no it’s the time to have a a Manager to match their promotion aspirations.
Daggernewbie

EssexDagger! wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:22 pm I think if we had owners based in this country then Taylor would of been relieved of his duties by now..
Doesn’t help when they only manage to see 1 live game every few months & before anybody mentions they have access to a recording of the every match... Its not the same is it!

Not that I’m ungrateful to owners as without them we more than likely wouldn’t have a fc, they have certainly put money where their mouth is but no it’s the time to have a a Manager to match their promotion aspirations.
Essex if they get the whole recording of the games they should see what`s going wrong.
Dag82

Well they are footing the weekly wage bill, for the brilliant return of being 16th HALFWAY thru the season.

Pretty sure thats a long way below there expectation levels.

this season is gone, all thats left is to make the changes now, to give us a chance to be ready for next August.

do we have hit bottom 4, before something is done.

crowd tonight barely over the 1000 mark.