New Signing - Sam Deering

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
LondonDagger

Lets hope he shows us what he can do! Coming from Billericay is a big step, hope he can step up! Contracted until 2021.
dagger4eva

Now THIS has the potentially to be an absolutely terrific signing for us!!

:welcome:
EssexDagger!

LondonDagger wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 am Lets hope he shows us what he can do! Coming from Billericay is a big step, hope he can step up! Contracted until 2021.

He has played almost 200 games for Oxford,Barnet,Newport,Cheltenham & Ebbsfleet etc, I think he will be able to step up no problem, Exciting signing and finally a midfielder who knows where the goal is!
LondonDagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am
LondonDagger wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 am Lets hope he shows us what he can do! Coming from Billericay is a big step, hope he can step up! Contracted until 2021.

He has played almost 200 games for Oxford,Barnet,Newport,Cheltenham & Ebbsfleet etc, I think he will be able to step up no problem, Exciting signing and finally a midfielder who knows where the goal is!
Could be good having him in midfield with someone like Phipps/Robbo who get stuck him, allowing him to pull the strings. House up front also, could be useful. Balanta to come back will be good too.
Diggerthedog

Good Signing. Moses Emmanuel has left Billericay today too, very good striker.
Mark

A bit apprehensive really. He's flitted between conference and the level below for a few years now, most likely because of the money but also he's probably comfortable in the level below. I wonder if this is a bit of a panic signing. Still, it will be exciting to see someone who can actually pass the ball to a fellow Dagenham player on Saturday.

I wonder if we'll play him as a ten rather than in the central midfield area, as we'd be very short defensively in a 442 with him in midfield. Or maybe he'll do what he did with Munns and shunt him out wide...
Dag82

Good signing, lots of experience at this level & higher, only 28, looks a decent player whenever we have come up against him before.

Playing lower level recently with Billericay, but probably on League 1 money !!, so don't worry about that.

Good work by the Owners, as per usual.
Mark

He's not played in the football league for over 5 years, he might have been on conference money but that's about it.
daggersjeff

I'm going to reserve judgement on this, I personally don't like him for his treatment of opposition players in the past, and a leopard can't change its spots.

Hopefully, he will go on to make me eat one of Arnu's hats!!! :coin:
Dag82

Decent player, if used in his correct position, which he tells us exactly that, in the interview.

Let's see if Taylor uses him correctly..........
Alan

Isn’t he teeny tiny? Smaller than Munns?
Jackalope

Munns edges it by 1cm, 1.66m vs 1.65 according to Wikipedia (5’5 in old money).
EssexDagger!

Mark wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:50 pm A bit apprehensive really. He's flitted between conference and the level below for a few years now, most likely because of the money but also he's probably comfortable in the level below. I wonder if this is a bit of a panic signing. Still, it will be exciting to see someone who can actually pass the ball to a fellow Dagenham player on Saturday.

I wonder if we'll play him as a ten rather than in the central midfield area, as we'd be very short defensively in a 442 with him in midfield. Or maybe he'll do what he did with Munns and shunt him out wide...
I hope his not treated like Munns, will mean his hooked off in the 60th minute even if he is the best player on the pitch at that time :thumbu: :thumbu:
Dag82

Little highlights video up on his twitter page now.

Liked Munns, but don't remember him scoring the quality of some of the goals shown on this...