Next Up: Aldershot (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Well, Boris Johnson said he would rather die in a ditch than request an extension from the EU - and we know how that ended.

I cant help but thinking next Saturday is Taylor's "do or die" moment.

Peter Freund has already confirmed Tim Howard will be coming over with him and Craig, and I also understand there will be another 30-40 of fellow Trinity Sports investors attending the game too.

With 1 win in 8 and that coming against an utterly piss poor Wrexham, the pressure will be on for Taylor, Harris and the players to deliver a (POSITIVE) performance and result.

Aldershot are not exactly flying themselves, sitting in 19th and just 5 points below us.
They have 2 wins from their last 8, a 2-0 win against Maidenhead and a 4-0 win against Dover.

I wouldnt be surprised if we go all out for the win and perhaps even do enough achieve it. Maybe we will bank again on the opponents tiring during the last 15 mins....

Anything less however, and Taylor will surely be heading for the exit!!
Mark

You have to score goals to win games so I'd be surprised if we win. I think the xi yesterday is close to the best we have available (I'd pick Kandi personally) but it still isn't enough to win games. With Phipps, Odametey, Croll and Balanta injured we are quite a poor side.
Dagger42

Third time they have been over this season. Probably sign theysat back last season ,but are now getting more involved. Will be interesting to see what Tim Howards role ,will be on football side of business now retired from playing.
Dagdale

This is a very tough one here with easily several outcomes, shouldn't think anyone with one ounce of connection with the daggers are walking out at 5 with another loss especially to free fall Shots that will wander up to the pub and enjoying that post match pint and not blowout a few swear words. Injuries to three key players would never have made it an easy rise up the table but make no bones about it something needs to be put in gear rather rapidly. Even a draw wont look to good for most. Never believe a stay away job is an answer, clubs like ours need fans at whatever costs to get behind them especially this level. Its about positive mental attitude that not one team in this League is better, got to dig in and wear the shirt with honour. we play our part and stop this stagnation. Move it up daggers its getting unbearable!
Dag82

If the owners make the change NOW, then we still could have a chance, this season.

The new man would have time to assess what he has got before January, and then hopefully move some in, and some out.

Worst case scenario, he will have plenty of time, to get it wright for the start of next season.

I would personally go get Garrard from Boreham Wood, or 2nd choice would be Strevens, both shown they can potentially deliver
success.
Diggerthedog

No transfer window in the national league.
EssexDagger!

Even a win vs Aldershot shouldn’t be enough to save the manager his job, the results over the past month or so have been totally unacceptable including a defeat to a team 2 leagues below us against arguably our best starting XI.

It’s just delaying the inevitable.

Do it now and the new manager has got 6 months working with the team, finding out for himself what players are good enough & what players are not, so we can mount a serious title challenge next year.
Pondfield Dagger

We will beat Aldershot, they have scored a total of 1 goal in their last 5 away games they will be worse than wrexham, and with the americans there and also the brian east tribute, the players will be up for it it big time and we will win comfortably.

we then have an away game up north, we will lose that , and then a tuesday night home game against sutton- this is the defining moment for me, if the work rate is not there like it never is for a midweek home game lol, then taylor out for me
SUSSEX DAGGER

Turn the clock back a month and you would be smacking your lips at what is coming up . Thats what annoyed me about yesterday and the way we spunked away our game in hand. The owners turn up with us six points off top if we had won a winnable game, the Manager would have been as safe as houses as our position would have not disappointed anybody at this stage back in August.

Dont feel confident about any game at moment ,then you look at our record in.should win games and you start to fear the worse. We have no Balanta , only one Striker I have any faith in and he dont start.
Dag82

EssexDagger! wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:24 pm Even a win vs Aldershot shouldn’t be enough to save the manager his job, the results over the past month or so have been totally unacceptable including a defeat to a team 2 leagues below us against arguably our best starting XI.

It’s just delaying the inevitable.

Do it now and the new manager has got 6 months working with the team, finding out for himself what players are good enough & what players are not, so we can mount a serious title challenge next year.
Agree 100%.
Mark

So what would people do with the xi this weekend? 2 new signings and McQueen unavailable.

I would be reluctant to put Dobson Luque and Deering in midfield together, and I know nothing about House but we may as well start him considering our lack of goals.

Maybe we'll see something like

Justham
Eleftheriou Manny Clark Stevenson
Robinson Brundle
Kandi Deering Luque
House
Diggerthedog

Pointless trying to predict Taylor and his selections as he will do the complete opposite. I just hope we see a more attacking intent, shit or bust with the owners in town and it’s a nice easy game for him.
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:46 am Pointless trying to predict Taylor and his selections as he will do the complete opposite. I just hope we see a more attacking intent, shit or bust with the owners in town and it’s a nice easy game for him.
Pick the opposite team to that which you want then.
EssexDagger!

Not sure if I’m confident today or not, you would
like to think with the owners including Tim Howard all over for today’s game, the boys will turn on the style and go all out for the win from the first whistle.

After having a quick flick through the Aldershot forum, have noticed almost every one of their fans have predicted a Shots victory today and estimating to bring 200-250 fans with them so should make for a cracking atmosphere...
At least we will defo be have 1000 att today in front of the yanks.
hockley dagger

It needs to be a better performance than the dross served up at Solihull, the last game I saw.