1 WIN IN EIGHT.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

Owners are here next Saturday, for the relegation 6 pointer against Aldershot.

Surely he is gone, if we lose that one ??
RampantDuke

There'll be some 'rascal' questions in the bar - that's for sure.....
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Chigwellian

Dag82 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:00 pm Owners are here next Saturday, for the relegation 6 pointer against Aldershot.

.... and Thommo can follow
stanton101

Chigwellian wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:08 pm
Dag82 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:00 pm Owners are here next Saturday, for the relegation 6 pointer against Aldershot.

.... and Thommo can follow
Although I wouldn't like to see it, a good 6-0 spanking might just make them see sense.
NBDag

Unfortunate timing as I don’t think we’re poor enough to lose to Aldershot right now, so Taylor will get to stay on. Hopefully our owners do the right thing irrespective of the result, or even better, before the match has even started!

As it stands I won’t be going to Aldershot if he is in charge. Despite the fact it won’t cost the club money, it’s the only thing I can do to show my dissatisfaction. And I’d suggest that all other fans do the same. An almost empty ground will make much more noise than any tweets or forum posts combined.
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:18 pm Unfortunate timing as I don’t think we’re poor enough to lose to Aldershot right now, so Taylor will get to stay on. Hopefully our owners do the right thing irrespective of the result, or even better, before the match has even started!

As it stands I won’t be going to Aldershot if he is in charge. Despite the fact it won’t cost the club money, it’s the only thing I can do to show my dissatisfaction. And I’d suggest that all other fans do the same. An almost empty ground will make much more noise than any tweets or forum posts combined.
Please make an effort to come. There will be a minutes applause before the game in memory of Brian East, someone who gave so much to the club.
lupins

NBDag wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:18 pm Unfortunate timing as I don’t think we’re poor enough to lose to Aldershot right now, so Taylor will get to stay on. Hopefully our owners do the right thing irrespective of the result, or even better, before the match has even started!

Good decision you wont be missed by any loyal supporter

That means on matchday you get behind the Team
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wow thats a big call NBDAG , have you seen the last two games without Balanta one of the very few footballers we have . The last r
Two weeks prove we could lose to anyone.
NBDag

lupins wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Good decision you wont be missed by any loyal supporter

That means on matchday you get behind the Team
I am a very much a loyal supporter actually. A weird comment to make about someone you don’t know, in all honesty. My only regret about not going will be because that I don’t begrudge the players at all. However if no one shows that they are dissatisfied then no one can expect anything to change. And ultimately I don’t want to be stood amongst those bellends who will wave bits of paper and shout the players down like normal.
Dagdale

Whether the teams on a slide or not its gut wrenching to lose a game a minute or so from the end, didn't see the goal as walking out but you only had to hear the roar knowing the games up! I think following any fifth tier outfit you need a fair bit of patience but last few weeks believe its pushing us fans hard, many comments have been flying around the urgency of a Wilkinson or a Ferrier guys who DO make a difference on game outcomes and rightly so but we just have an empty area of a midfield general feeding the likes of our present guys and surely these types are out there somewhere why just why not filling these areas? County did up the tempo quite well second half but we did warrant a point, there was decent effort shown in places but will say without Manny Onarise who was real class again today we would have shot the game away long before, a right shining light that guy, well done lad and the 75 of us freezing our cods off, witnessing another drab affair.
daggersjeff

Fair play to the 75!

unfortunately, I do think we are poor enough to lose to Aldershot, and I hope the owners see this as a final curtain call and not just a BLIP!

On that, who would you like to see here as manager?

My two personal choices are Annie or Jon Boardman
NickMurphy

We got what we deserved yesterday for going there and setting up to try and nick a point. If we're a side that allegedly is meant to be pushing top-seven, that's not how you set up against a team who have been shipping goals for fun.

Taylor was brought in at the start of last season to work with a side that had a completely different set of expectations to the ones we have now. It may not have been pretty in that situation, but it worked. He - and his style/brand/philosophy/whatever else you want to call it - simply does not match those of a club and of owners that harbour ambitions of promotion.

There's plenty more to moan about but we'd just be going over old ground. Oh and if anyone could tell me why one of our most consistent performers this season in Will Wright was dropped yesterday, I'd love to know. His omission probably didn't contribute to the result but I don't really understand the thinking behind it. But then like most decisions and omissions that we can't fathom, we'll probably never know why.
DevonDagger

Wasn’t at the game yesterday but if we setup as defensively as has been suggested again, I find it unfathomable. I look back to the draw at Torquay and was very pleased at the attacking intent shown even though we couldn’t get the goal. It was good to watch and I felt like it boded well if one of Kandi, Grant or Quigley could step it up. We now appear to have gone into our shell for whatever reason.
Mark

Overall Wright has done well but felt he was quite poor against carshalton and barrow. As we know it doesn't take many below par games to get dropped with Taylor.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DevonDagger wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:48 pm Wasn’t at the game yesterday but if we setup as defensively as has been suggested again, I find it unfathomable. I look back to the draw at Torquay and was very pleased at the attacking intent shown even though we couldn’t get the goal. It was good to watch and I felt like it boded well if one of Kandi, Grant or Quigley could step it up. We now appear to have gone into our shell for whatever reason.
No way is this meant to be in defence of the Manager as he has recruited these Players. Anybody who was there yesterday must surely have come to the conclusion that we have to play a containing game because the Players are simply not good enough to play exspansive football.

Yesterday a win would have seen us with an eye rubbing 6 points off the top. The way we started you would have thought we were trying to avoid relegation not going for promotion.

What an opportunity to close the gap totally and completely wasted. A win yesterday against a side who remember are part time and will be no better then mid bottom half at the seasons but we blew it.

First 20 minutes their Goalkeeper could have been charged admission and we could have added another one to the gate as he was only a spectator.
In truth Stockport were very wasteful and could easily have been in front long before their Goalkeeper even had to be called upon, Admitted they were helped by some woeful defending but the sad fact is in the position we were in at the start of this game we should have been at them from the start.

Finally after 20 minutes of those loyal Daggers holding their breath we finally started to show something and had the best 15 minutes we had the whole game. Quigley was wasteful shooting over when he should have made the Keeper work. He then is very unlucky to be denied by the save of the match and Luque finally getting forward saw a curler go close but after that I dont recall their Keeper having a save to make and that is the rub.

We start the second half with Luque and Mcqueen further up the pitch but that only allow Stockport to attack our full backs at will. The best chance
we muster despite this change of approach is when Grant fortunately wins the ball on the touchline 25 yards out ,the result of the tackle takes him clear his second touch takes him into the box his third is so bad all the Goalkeeper has to do is to not even race of his line to pick the ball up ,that sums the ability of our Strike force up . Quigley I dont recall even getting off the ground second half . Why it took 68 minutes to change that I dont know Kandi must be wondering why that decision was not made at 2.55 and not 4.35.

You then start to wonder about their attitude ,Grant needs to be told to pull his socks up and look interested. Within 5 minutes his socks are lower then a player you would have thought had played a 105 minutes not 5. Add in Quigley Showing second half and you get the impression that they have read Social media and know what their employers honest assessment of them is and Know their days are numbered.

Then to rub salt in, just when you think well the gap is now 8 with 6 weeks of fixtures that should see us close the gap even further lets take the point we allow what looked a free header in from just outside the 6 yard box , Stockport missed plenty yesterday but they never going to miss that, game over.

Hear there is talk of our appalling attack force being looked at , made even worse by the fact we leave our best option on the bench for 68 minutes.
That should have been dealt with weeks ago in my opinion and a golden opportunity has been missed in putting pressure on the teams at the top because we have kept faith who have failed week in week out.

That may be harsh but the truth often is