Game Off

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Bit of a blow but given the circumstances at least we will all be going home to our loved ones tonight, sadly somebody will not be.

Hopefully those in authority understand and dont start putting rules in place that put extra financial.burdens on Clubs at this level
Ally Fraser

I hope the club will reimburse fans that travelled today.

The game was called off due to our clubs ineptitude, nothing else.
IanC

What ****** planet you on,someone took their own life for ****** sake!
What can our club or any others cancelled do about that,get back to your premier league club.
RM1Dagger

Yes, no blame can be attached to the club. Presumably they travel on the day to save costs and this makes perfect sense. And Stockport is only a couple of hours from Euston (normally). And lest we forget someone died.
Now the SE27 Dagger
honkytonk

Ally Fraser wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:03 pm I hope the club will reimburse fans that travelled today.

No, it wasnt. Called off because some poor soul lost their life.
Daggerman

Ally Fraser wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:03 pm I hope the club will reimburse fans that travelled today.

Retard
NBDag

As far as morons go, you must be up there in the top 1.
Dagger Steve

Drove to macclesfield once found out called off when got to Stockport, and their game was all ticket sell out when we got there.

So solid day all in all.
Diggerthedog

Can get a full refund for trains and match ticket, what do you want a reimbursement for, being a plonker?
DaggerJoel11

Well that's got to be one of the most bizarre away trips I can recall in recent memory. I was already in Crewe by the time the game was called off, so headed to Stockport anyway and to my surprise received such an outstanding welcome from Stockport County staff and directors who showed me around the ground and in the Executive Lounge.

In regard to the game being called off, it's just one of those things, an unforeseen and unavoidable circumstance. The team have travelled by train multiple times and usually try to do it the most cost-effective way they can. They shouldn't take unnecessary extra provisions just on the off-chance that somebody suddenly chucks themselves on the tracks, an incident that makes a football match being postponed seem trivial in comparison.

Anyway, Tuesday night trip up there now, can't imagine too many will be up for that one.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Shroud_of_hope

I remember driving all the way to Hereford and just as we parked we were told the roof had blown off! Boston played and won and we didn’t recover, also went to a Woking away game when the internet was very young and we weren’t even playing them that week!!!
EssexDagger!

Did anybody prebook match tickets with Stockport? If so, are Stockport offering refunds or will they just roll over for the rearranged game?
Mark

Surely they have to give refunds? No correspondence so far though.

I also went to the Hereford roof match.
Diggerthedog

From Stockport Twitter account:

For supporters who have already bought tickets for today's game, those tickets will still be eligible to use for the rearranged fixture.

If, once the details for the rearranged fixture have been announced, you are unable to attend, please contact the club about a refund.
ARNU

My son fortunately found out before he left Euston, ended up in the pub with some of the players then went and watched the glamorous fixture Sporting Bengal v Margretsby at Mile End. He said daggers fans made up most of the attendance.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !