Luque
Dobson
Eleftheriou
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
EssexDagger!

2-0 Notts now...

The unbeaten run was never gonna last forever
HGDagger

The defence has been good this season but at the end of the day you can't keep holding out games hoping to nick a goal. We need a striker who can put the ball in the net.
EssexDagger!

Defo a valid argument, I have been impressed with the lads going on a 11 game unbeaten run but only the 1 goal in our last 3 league games was never going to be enough to see our run continue.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sadly the run came to an end but I defy anybody to argue that we have never topped what we showed tonight in any of the previous 11 games. From 20 minutes on we dominated and it is a hard one to swallow in all honesty.

Sadly our lack of quality in their box was their for all to see , Reece Grant not for the first time this season one on one with the Keeper with defenders trailing in his wake fluffed his lines yet again . It was hard to disagree with poignant comment made to me " That is our Goal Scorer , sorry but it just aint happening and is never likely to happen . ".

Our one on one record with only the Goalkeeper to beat is as bad as last seasons Penalty conversion rate, so its perhaps wrong to single him out over an issue that runs through the team.

There however can be no hiding from the brutal fact he was the latest culprit and that is not the first time this season either.

If that goes in there is only one winner and it aint them.

What cant be disputed either is :

The tactics were right, if a bit negative for the first 20 minutes.

The team was right.

The substitutions were right.

Once again Qugley work rate was good but he remains as subtle as a smack in the gob and was constantly penalised by the referee and the
decision to replace him with Grant was the correct one, despite the misfortune that befell him again ten minutes or so after his introduction.

To my mind Harold was our MOM and he reminds me of what the great Brian Clough once said about Jimmy Case , he may look a carthorse but my god he is one hell of a player.

The other stand out to me was again Will Wright who did not put a foot wrong all evening.

The drive home was depressing, made even worse by the Highways Agency road improvement schedule, but there was still lots to take out of tonights performance. The one brutal fact however is that the much needed Goal Scorer is not yet on the payroll. Sort that out and this team will take off second half of season.
Oxhead

Really good post
DaggerJoel11

MATCH REPORT: TROUBLE ON THE TRENT AS DAGGERS LACK AN EDGE
Our eleven-game unbeaten run is over, but we probably learned more about the side in this game than during that entire impressive streak. And one thing sticks out: we desperately need more of a presence up front.

Here's my report from our midweek trip to Nottingham: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''