Barnet game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

Strange game. At the end I was tempted to say that a point was fair, but given how we played in the first-half, I'm a little disappointed we didn't take all three.

Matt Robinson, in particular, was exceptional in that first 45. He was getting around the pitch,breaking up the play and knocking some fantastic passes - his skill to not only pick out Dobson's run but also carry off the pass - really was something. You can see how much better he is with someone alongside, and whether it's Odamatey, who was also good yesterday in keeping the play ticking over, Phipps or Brundle, this is the happiest I've been in a long time with not only the options we have in that position but how well they all seem to be playing.

For all Joe Quigley tries - and I am pleased that he's scored a few, no one wants a player to fail after all - it does still feel like we're one good goalscorer away from putting teams away. Taylor said as much on Thursday night with regards to the away trip to Torquay, and you get the feeling someone like Wilkinson would have put that chance away Quigley had just inside the box yesterday. I really hope Kandi can get fit and stay fit because he looked so sharp during pre-season, but as others have alluded to, it's whether you want to pin your hopes on that actually coming to fruition.

All in all pleased to keep the run going against a good side in a week where I think we'll probably find out where we stand in the league.