Barnet game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Barnet have warmed up nicely for our game on Saturday..
Just beaten AFC Fylde 0-4 away from home.
I know Fylde have hardly pulled up any trees so far this season, but that’s an impressive result.

Roll on Saturday! COYD!!
Diggerthedog

EssexDagger! wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:54 pm Barnet have warmed up nicely for our game on Saturday..
Just beaten AFC Fylde 0-4 away from home.
I know Fylde have hardly pulled up any trees so far this season, but that’s an impressive result.

Roll on Saturday! COYD!!
They recently lost 3-0 to Ebbsfleet so very bizarre run of results, but like you say Fylde are a poor side this season. Big game Saturday followed up with Notts on Tuesday, will be a good indication of where we will end up. Need to start scoring goals.
Dagdale

Next three games are three crucial games with two tough ones away that will possibly have a strong impact on how we have come in a short space of time, starting tomorrow about time we put this 'blow out to Barnet' to bed and it was this lot that stopped our impressive mini run last term resulting in proceeding to fall off the pedestal and actually think with the confidence booming as of late a good time to play them. Cant see the team changing much other than Luke Croll so they could switch the defence around a bit, perhaps may see more of Will Wood coming up, just wondering update on Mitch Brundle and is Harry out much longer as think when he's there impact on the side is tops. Need a squad of fit players with the two hard games to follow so hope it stays intact tomorrow, good day forecast so surely we can break over the 1500 and a must win game.
EssexDagger!

Dagdale wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:12 am Next three games are three crucial games with two tough ones away that will possibly have a strong impact on how we have come in a short space of time, starting tomorrow about time we put this 'blow out to Barnet' to bed and it was this lot that stopped our impressive mini run last term resulting in proceeding to fall off the pedestal and actually think with the confidence booming as of late a good time to play them. Cant see the team changing much other than Luke Croll so they could switch the defence around a bit, perhaps may see more of Will Wood coming up, just wondering update on Mitch Brundle and is Harry out much longer as think when he's there impact on the side is tops. Need a squad of fit players with the two hard games to follow so hope it stays intact tomorrow, good day forecast so surely we can break over the 1500 and a must win game.
Peter Taylor mentioned last night that Harry Phipps is out for 6 weeks now unfortunately.
Dag82

think PT said that Brundle and Kandi are very close to being back, probably next weekend.
also sounded to me like there are things going on in the background, to bring in another forward.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sitting in my hotel room.in.Paris , hope the first half has not been ss frustrating to watch as it has been to listen to. Could be out of sight by the sounds of it.
Come on boys get over their goal and go again second half
Dagger83

Do we know why we're so far behind the other games? Was there a serious injury?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

I think the 7 mins extra time 1st half was a few things added up. Seemed to be a Lino change and a few injuries and a water break.

We hit the bar and missed a few other chances so we’re a little unlucky to not have won but Barnet weren’t a pushover so the result probably fair in the end.

Luque I think would have made a difference but he was pants v Chorley so not surprised he was left out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerJoel11

It really was a game settled by the finest of margins.

Balanta and Dobson missed by a matter of inches then Barnet scored with their first shot on target, which took two minor deflections and squirmed through a tiny gap to go beyond Justham.

Balanta was classy as always but I struggle to see why Quigley continues to play virtually every minute for us. Today he gave away so many thoughtless fouls and he didn't offer much up front. One shot he had was a genuinely presentable chance in the box but I think everybody knew that the top of the TBS was in more danger than their keeper and so nobody bothered to even get excited about it. We ought to have brought on Grant sooner and Luque deserved a runout too.

Barnet are a good side but I think as a team we were content to just preserve our unbeaten run. The second half was too 'safe' from us and there didn't seem to be enough urgency towards the end of the game. Any team with aspirations of finishing in the play-offs or above needs to take risks and go for it but we didn't really throw enough at it. That said, there were more positives than negatives and we played well enough to have earned a comfortable victory on another day.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

I thought it was quite a good game with the outcome just about right, first 40 minutes we should have at least been a goal up and don't think they could handle us too well going forward, this was probably the best display of 'wing work' seen for ages, it was good to watch and a Bagosan Graham and Harold Odametey in the same side could be a right blessing for the future. Pity we dropped four points in a week especially both games at home but do feel far more confident for the two tough games coming up, all we really want to see is a team that gives it a good go and today I feel we saw that.
Dag82

2 home games, only 1 goal, yet didn't lose either.

Defensively we are fine.

The problem is clear & obvious.

Had we won these 2 games, we would now be sitting just 3 pts off top.

Very frustrating.
A S dagger97

Think we're missing Kandi up front who offers a bit of everything and seems more ruthless in comparison to Quigley and Grant but other than the issue of not scoring enough we are playing consistently solid in the midfield and defence even today with a a few of them not playing in their favoured positions
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
SUSSEX DAGGER

A S dagger97 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:00 am Think we're missing Kandi up front who offers a bit of everything and seems more ruthless in comparison to Quigley and Grant but other than the issue of not scoring enough we are playing consistently solid in the midfield and defence even today with a a few of them not playing in their favoured positions
Kandi has offered plenty and has looked promising since he has been here but he is made of glass . As much as I really want him to do it for us his history tells you that you cant put your hat on him.
Just hope that the talk about another option is done soon. We went 5 hours without letting one in . That is a big big turn around from where we started, all these draws which most in all honesty should have been wins could hurt at the end of season.
NBDag

How Dobson’s chance that hit the bar didn’t go in is beyond me, I was celebrating from the moment it left his foot!!

Even though we easily had the lion’s share of the chances, a draw sort of felt like a fair result. Quigley was really off today, but everyone else had a decent game. Agree with what others have said, we really need a ruthless centre forward who will score more goals than Quigley.

Can’t not make a negative comment - the attendance was very poor for Barnet at home. I know West Ham were also playing but I feel like there should have been more than 1200 home fans.
Diggerthedog

Our attendances will only get worse, youngsters of today don’t want to watch conference football. Our fan base must 75 percent 50 plus and the new locals are only interested in Armchair football.