Today

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Even from afar in Albufeira I kinda saw this coming today.But when you’ve had a pen against and a sending off,I guess you settle for a point.And the unbeaten run goes on so not too bad,unless you guys tell me otherwise.But then can we really complain,probably not in a week we won at Sutton too
BB-Dagger

Today We were definitely not at our best, The penalty was a disgrace! Croll won the ball and it was a bloody good tackle, I expect/hope the club appeal the red card. then Justham made a good save from a badly taken penalty, the referee was an absolute tosser and bottled sending off their fullback for an aggressive push on Wright, time wasting from chorley from the opening minute. as said our unbeaten run continues but we have got to up our game big time for the Barnet game.
ARNU

For me, Chorley deserved all the points. They could have won it and I’m sure they’re feeling a little disappointed they didn’t nick all the points.

We had a few slackers out there today. Dobson, croll,Quigley even Luque was pants. I thought McQueen was terrible today.We seemed to start the game really deep and spent a lot of the game in our own half. Grant should have started seemed to be the only one out there running around making himself busy. Robbo put in a good shift. Taylor out !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:44 pm Today We were definitely not at our best, The penalty was a disgrace! Croll won the ball and it was a bloody good tackle, I expect/hope the club appeal the red card. then Justham made a good save from a badly taken penalty, the referee was an absolute tosser and bottled sending off their fullback for an aggressive push on Wright, time wasting from chorley from the opening minute. as said our unbeaten run continues but we have got to up our game big time for the Barnet game.
It was two yellows so can’t appeal.
EssexDagger!

We would of said 2pts lost before the start of the game, but as the previous poster mentioned above, A red card and a penalty given against us... we can’t moan at a point. Also another clean sheet and another game unbeaten which takes our streak to 10, Balanta,Luque,Dobson all having off days, not forgetting Bromley & Woking lost today so a point gained on the leaders..... Only the 6pt gap now.

Roll on Barnet next week .

COYD
lupins

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:44 pm Today We were definitely not at our best, The penalty was a disgrace! Croll won the ball and it was a bloody good tackle, I expect/hope the club appeal the red card. then Justham made a good save from a badly taken penalty, the referee was an absolute tosser and bottled sending off their fullback for an aggressive push on Wright, time wasting from chorley from the opening minute. as said our unbeaten run continues but we have got to up our game big time for the Barnet game.
It looked a penalty to me but i was at the other end

With regard to the push I thought Wright went down theatrically its just as bad and annoying as diving

Didnt play well but credit due to the team for keeping going in the circumstances
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:50 pm
It was two yellows so can’t appeal.
And,a stonewall penalty, heard the,crack.on the,geezers shin guard from.where I was standing
Daggerman

From where I was standing on the Sieve he clearly played the ball before connecting with the player,
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:48 pm For me, Chorley deserved all the points. They could have won it and I’m sure they’re feeling a little disappointed they didn’t nick all the points.

We had a few slackers out there today. Dobson, croll,Quigley even Luque was pants. I thought McQueen was terrible today.We seemed to start the game really deep and spent a lot of the game in our own half. Grant should have started seemed to be the only one out there running around making himself busy. Robbo put in a good shift. Taylor out !
Really Arnu I aint his biggest fan but thought McQueen.was one of our better players going forward. At least three times first half he played quality balls,into Quigley and Luquie and both failed with basic control.

Oh it was a stonewall penalty you could hear the,crack off the geezers shin pad 20 yards away..

Second Saturday running the miss of a quality Striker cost us .

As for Grant mate he is fast reminding me of your old mate Tomlin in that he,runs around a lot
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggerman wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:01 pm From where I was standing on the Sieve he clearly played the ball before connecting with the player,
That dont make it a legal.challange tho does it
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:10 pm
Daggerman wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:01 pm From where I was standing on the Sieve he clearly played the ball before connecting with the player,
That dont make it a legal.challange tho does it
No more than hearing a noise from contact with the shin pad makes it a foul.
RM1Dagger

These things happen, the NL can be an unpredictable beast.

Some weren't at the races and I thought Chorley looked a better side than one at the bottom and obviously had a stellar opportunity to win it, but we also created a couple of decent chances and could have nicked it at the end.

Couldn't tell on the pen from my view so was gonna say I'll rely on others who were better placed, but seems it's not conclusive!

Draw was fair and given the circumstances I'll take it. Saw an interview with Chorley boss after and he was gutted, so says it all.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mark

Too many players didn't play well today and we never looked like we had the tempo to stretch a team willing to play with a flat back 5. Luque was dire, Dobson largely anonymous, Balanta not his best day either. We could probably have afforded to go 433 earlier.

McQueen I thought did well first half but the trouble is when he bombs forward in a midfield 2 and we lose the ball, we are wide open to the break. Phipps is showing against by his absence how key he is.

Having said how badly we played, we missed 2 excellent chances and would have won the game if we were more clinical.

Grant for me didn't actually run around enough! Only on for 20 minutes and he didn't seem to be emptying the tank, I wanted to see the defence made to rush. In general I don't think he's very good, he's just nuisance value, very little quality when he gets the ball.

I've wanted to see Manny and Croll play together and it didn't really pan out how I'd hoped with the red card! Not sure on the pen, need to see a replay.

Referee was appalling.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Perhaps we saw why these players play at this level and why this Leage is so unpredictable .

We,are top six side yet have.failrd to score in 35% of the games played . Again only goes to highlight what we are lacking
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:37 pm Too many players didn't play well today and we never looked like we had the tempo to stretch a team willing to play with a flat back 5. Luque was dire, Dobson largely anonymous, Balanta not his best day either. We could probably have afforded to go 433 earlier.

McQueen I thought did well first half but the trouble is when he bombs forward in a midfield 2 and we lose the ball, we are wide open to the break. Phipps is showing against by his absence how key he is.

Having said how badly we played, we missed 2 excellent chances and would have won the game if we were more clinical.

Grant for me didn't actually run around enough! Only on for 20 minutes and he didn't seem to be emptying the tank, I wanted to see the defence made to rush. In general I don't think he's very good, he's just nuisance value, very little quality when he gets the ball.

I've wanted to see Manny and Croll play together and it didn't really pan out how I'd hoped with the red card! Not sure on the pen, need to see a replay.

Referee was appalling.
Not sure what your expecting from Grant, 3 mins after he came on we went down to 10. Quigley on the other hand had 70 against the poorest defence in the league, bar a brace in 14 games he does very little with his size, even today against a fat man he was very poor.

No idea why we play with 4 central defenders at the back at HOME against the leagues bottom team with two very competent attacking full backs at our disposal.

10 games unbeaten is great but how many of them have been fully convincing wins? Today was a wake up call that we’re a bit off being a play off dead cert even more so without a 20 goals a season striker. Play off teams will someone’s hammer a team, we don’t even look like doing that.