Hartlepool

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So how’s this one going to go? Who would have thought 7 games ago we would go 6 unbeaten. That first clean sheet last week was so important and with Odamatey, McQueen and Gordon back in contention this week it’s a selection temptation for Taylor. Kandi and Brundle still out.

Hartlepool themselves are on a good run and are probably looking at this as a must win game to keep pace, hopefully a decent crowd and 3 points.
Mark

Same team probably.

I'd rather have McQueen than Dobson, and before our first clean sheet of the season I'd have Gordon instead of Clark but now it's probably best to leave it alone.
dagger4eva

I'm feeling confident for this one - which usually means we'll lose.

I'd have to go with an unchanged team too (perhaps minus Quigley as still not convinced)

It's great that Taylor does have many other positive options he can take to change things up if needed. Players like McQueen, Odamatey, Gordon and Grant will all be desperate to be in the team.

Think it'll end up a score draw to continue the unbeaten run.
DevonDagger

Samuel Allison the ref for this tomorrow. Expect a tight game to be decided by horrific penalty decision against us in the 94th minute.
Dagger83

How many have changed their views on Quigley and Taylor? I haven't seen us this season yet but it's a great little run we're on.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Adrian

First game I’ve seen since Woking.
Massive improvement. It does make we wonder why the likes of Phipps and Luque didn’t play in that first game though.

It was a bit dull at times but we played some good stuff. They didn’t really offer much and the back four largely dealt with what they did have.

Quigley was excellent but very lucky with his first after a very casual finish.

Think McQueen should be starting ahead of Dobson - he offers much more defensively and going forward. Dobson hasn’t s decent cross but makes a lot of poor decisions.
Graham seems to have no real ability but a lot of pace.

Balanta is a different class - great finish for the second.
Mark

As a sub, Graham looks a better bet than he did when starting. Very quick as you say.

I'd also put McQueen in for Dobson.

I think we've stumbled across about our best team, maybe more by luck. Quigley was excellent today and I'm really pleased for him, I thought he had potential and long may he continue this form.

Hartlepool were basically dreadful. They had no energy, and seemed content to pass the ball sideways in their own half even when losing. Noble is doing more harm than good, he slows the whole game down before chipping it forward onto a defender's head. About time he retired.
NBDag

We are very good.

Quigley’s hold up play is another level. Very clear what Taylor and Harris see in him, he keeps playing like today and we have a very good player on our hands. Balanta is easily the best player in the league, I don’t care what anyone else says. Robinson is so underrated it hurts and Phipps is Viera reincarnate.

Would probably say that McQueen should start ahead of Dobson as Dobson can make some bad choices. Would also like to see Gordon at left back over Croll, but why change a winning team?

Could find ourselves in serious trouble of being in a title race here...
Sagres

Great win today - Up to 5th!!
A S dagger97

Can't help but notice how well Robinson has been of late, probably his best run of performances since back in 2016, no coincidence then that our results are improving with him Phipps in the middle aswel. I know Odamatey looks a really good player but I struggle to see any reason to make a change to our holding midfield pair right now. COYD :thumbu:
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Lcbdagger

Obviously not life and death if we don't go up this season... but comfortably the poorest league in a few years at the top... we HAVE to be around the playoffs pr better come May

Agree on Balanta... has to be top three to five in the whole League for quality
len

I thought we played some great football today with some very good performances from many of the team. I also think Quigley has also shown a lot of people on here what he is capable of doing and why Taylor signed him.
A S dagger97

dagger4eva wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:48 am I'd have to go with an unchanged team too (perhaps minus Quigley as still not convinced)
What about now?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
BB-Dagger

Over the last few games our defence has started to look solid, we may sit back and let the opposition come at us but we look like a well set up defensive unit and we are beginning to gel as a team. Quigley is perhaps beginning to show what the management see in him, his hold up play today was exceptional and although a tad lucky with the first he deserved the second, Balanta is on another level altogether. Hartlepool today were made to look inferior due to the way we worked hard and we made a good side look very poor.
EssexDagger!

Anybody have any theory’s on why the Hartlepool defender who was last man and brought down Alex McQueen who was bearing down 1 on 1 with the keeper and the referee somehow only managed to give the Hartlepool player a yellow card?

Has the last man/red card rule changed this season or was it just yet another piece of inferior referring we see in this league week in week out?