Maidenhead United (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

So, back in action today as we travel to a Maidenhead side that consistently defy the odds under manager Alan Devonshire. This season has proved no different so far, with the predicted strugglers sitting pretty in fourth place following 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

However, both of their losses have come at their York Road home, where they've only won once in their last four outings and that was against basement side Chorley. Most of their points have been accrued on the road, leaving hope that we could emerge with something today.

Three of our last four results have been 1-1, and that's also been the outcome on both of our past two visits to Maidenhead. Last season we were denied all three points by a 96th minute equaliser, fate that seems awfully familiar after the nature of Wednesday's game with Bromley.

It's now five unbeaten for Peter Taylor's men, our best form in 2019, but the sloppy goals we're conceding is currently the difference between us being a mid-table side and one that is in amongst the play-off picture. We've never lost to Maidenhead and let's hope that continues today with the added bonus of three points alongside that eagerly-awaited clean sheet.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
dagger4eva

1-0 win get the hell in!!

1st clean sheet since the 19th April in our win Vs Eastleigh.

6 games unbeaten

9th in the league and 7 points off top place.

All of sudden things look a lot rosier :D
Lcbdagger

dagger4eva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:55 pm 1-0 win get the hell in!!

1st clean sheet since the 19th April in our win Vs Eastleigh.

6 games unbeaten

9th in the league and 7 points off top place.

All of sudden things look a lot rosier :D
Scoring goals was an issue early doors... but it was always going to be about the clean sheets in tight games... as Wednesday showed. That's where the real quality shows... brilliant win today
A S dagger97

If the ref didn't do what he did on Weds then it would look even rosier and we'd be joint 4th but cant complain at being 6 unbeaten. Kenny was great along with Robinson and Dobson today, Grant worked his socks off when he came on so deserves a mention too. Only complaint is that once again we couldn't get the killer goal and it could have cost us again but thankfully El has his first clean sheet which is a massive plus for him and the defence as we look to be dealing with set pieces and crosses alot better now, we look a solid outfit right now. Love that the fans are getting more and more involved in matches making more noise than they have for some time aswel.
COYD!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DaggerJoel11

Only complaint with today is that we didn't score many more!

Grear performance, arguably our best of the Peter Taylor era. Completely faultless all over the pitch and, at long last, we have that clean sheet. A perfect reaction to Wednesday's disappointment.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

6 unbeaten and a long overdue clean sheet - well done Daggers! Sounded like Clarke was back at his best which is very much needed. Very impressed with Taylor and how we are doing right now, even more so given that I don’t think we have played our best available XI for the past few games! Keep this going and who knows where we may find ourselves.
Dagger Steve

If we had won on wednesday we would always have happily taken a point away today, so think 4 points is a good haul for the week.

Some people said these 2 games would give a good indication of where we are as a team. I think we have our answer.

Next home game against Hartlepool will be very interesting.
ARNU

Keep it up boys. Fair play to Taylor 6 on the bounce without defeat is worthy of me altering my signature below.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Oxhead

Croll deserves a mention, thought he was excellent along with Clark and Manny. Balanta different class.
Oxhead

Oxhead wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 pm Croll deserves a mention, thought he was excellent along with Clark and Manny. Balanta different class.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Times today we were playing football and that is what I call football ,where you wont see any better anywhere else in this league
all season. Gave an inform.team a complete chasing.

Could have been no complaints if we had hit them for six , penalty may be a bit fortunate as there was a high boot in there but it would have been.unjust if we had not had got the goal.

Well done Peter Taylor who has stuck by it but when you saw today what this team.is capable of then you can understand why People were getting upset.

Thought Phipps and Robinson were magifcent in an away performance that must be the best I have seen for 18 months.

Times today when I really thought we have found that spark plug to fire the engine
len

A very good performance all round. I thought we made a side that have done well so far this season look very ordinary. We should have scored more goals and made the game more comfortable than the score suggests.
Dagdale

Full credit here the boys worked their socks off for that result and you can see how much that meant to them and us the fans at the end, thought the Magpies had a job to handle Luque down that wing and Robinson's passing and cover was one of the best games I've seen him in, and as for the support? was up there first class, lovely and vocal, daggers all around me and never even ventured behind the goals during the game, probably the best away turn out since those boards fell down at Boreham Wood, let's see more!
HGDagger

Brilliant performance today, well deserved 3 points. Dominated Maidenhead from start to finish and should have got more than 1.
lupins

Absolute brilliant all round performance from 1 to 11
Hard to pick a stand out but if Robinson has had a better game than that for us I would be surprised