Match Preview: Bromley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Keane - Blog writer

My quick match preview ahead of tonight’s encounter which should be a lively one. The Daggers need a win but no one has managed to do that against Bromley this season:
A 👀 at the opposition ✅
Last Meeting ✅
Score Prediction ✅
My hopes for The ⚔️ ✅

READ BELOW ⬇️:
http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/201 ... y.html?m=1
Dagdale

Pardon for hijacking the blog but how painful was that 5 seconds from end! especially thought we overall played some pretty good stuff and if anything has come out of this tonight really believe were on the UP, hard luck lads!
BB-Dagger

Unfortunately on the end of some terrible refereeing decisions again, although they had a shout for a penalty but I couldn’t see clearly. Just what has Quigley got to do to get a free kick from the consistent fouling?
As said before we played well tonight and deserved better, Robinson was excellent and deserved MOM, 5 games undefeated COYD
Dagger Steve

Really looked it was going to be a hard fought, well earned 1-0.
Was seeing the game out well.

Annoying innit.

The last 20 minutes we were playing some decent stuff, just wasnt clinical.

An atmosphere even dared to make an appearance.
DaggerJoel11

To be honest, I think it would've been even harsher on Bromley if they hadn't got anything.

The last-second equaliser hurts, but it was coming for about 80 minutes. Other than our goal and Luque's big chance, I can't think of much that we offered, whereas Bromley had five or six really strong opportunities. They also had a big penalty shout which, from my position at the top of the TBS, it seemed we got away with.

There were spells where we looked really good, but there were also spells in which we gave the ball away constantly and resorted to aimless balls down the line. In the end, our downfall was once again not getting a killer second goal. For as long as it's only 1-0, there's always that danger and unfortunately we were stung with what was the final kick of the game.

Looking for positives, at least we've given a good team one of their hardest games of the season. It's now five unbeaten and hopefully we can get a win and that elusive clean sheet on Saturday.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Oxhead

What game were you watching, they never had a shot in the first 80 minutes
ARNU

Robo definitely MOTM, entertaining game, we were the better team tonight. We’ll finish higher than them I reckon. Shame about the equaliser. It levels out over the season, we already had a last minutes winner with the previous home game. Can’t even moan about Taylor tonight.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:47 pm To be honest, I think it would've been even harsher on Bromley if they hadn't got anything.

The last-second equaliser hurts, but it was coming for about 80 minutes. Other than our goal and Luque's big chance, I can't think of much that we offered, whereas Bromley had five or six really strong opportunities. They also had a big penalty shout which, from my position at the top of the TBS, it seemed we got away with.

There were spells where we looked really good, but there were also spells in which we gave the ball away constantly and resorted to aimless balls down the line. In the end, our downfall was once again not getting a killer second goal. For as long as it's only 1-0, there's always that danger and unfortunately we were stung with what was the final kick of the game.

Looking for positives, at least we've given a good team one of their hardest games of the season. It's now five unbeaten and hopefully we can get a win and that elusive clean sheet on Saturday.
Sorry Joe, you seem like a nice guy and I’ve read a few of your reports but really what game were you at? I’m not suggesting we were great but we definitely deserved to win.

I thought Bromley were awful and no better then we gubbed therm 3-0 in last season’s fixture. They made one chance which they scored and I had a better game than Michael Cheek. They deserved nothing.

I’m gutted.
Now the SE27 Dagger
HGDagger

How that was a foul by Phipps in the corner right at the end I'll never know, he had 3 Bromley players shoving him. After that it was inevitable that Bromley would go down the other end and score
Richie

I don't think we can begrudge Bromley an equaliser, a draw was a fair result IMO. But to say a goal was coming for 80 minutes is way OTT in my opinion.

Robinson and Brundle were both very good I thought, that partnership has potentially solved our formation dilemma if they keep that up.
DaggerJoel11

Yeah maybe a bit harsh, maybe the disappointment of the last-second goal is clouding things somewhat.

We did play well and gave as good as we got throughout, however Bromley were a tidy outfit and always seemed to have a threat going forwards. I'm not saying that they were camped in our box for 80 minutes, just that we never seemed to look in control of the game and an equaliser never seemed too far away.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can take the goal but will argue about the manner. Clearly it was never a foul in their corner leading up to it and even if it was ,which it was not ,how on earth did the referee allow the restart 12 yards from where it occured.

Plenty to take from the game. We look like a Top of the range car at the moment but missing the spark plug to ignite the engine
dagger4eva

On balance and all bias aside I would probably have to concede a draw was a fair result.

That said, I was absolutey flabbergasted at their equaliser.

Not ony was Phipps effectively closeined by 3 of their players right in the corner, and disgracefully had the 3 kick given AGAINST him, but then they took that free kick a good 10-12 yards further forward. What happened after was of our own doing but it shouldnt have even got to that!

It is another game unbeaten, even if we have a return of just 1 point from the current top 3.
Another good test of where were at, is at 4th place Maindenhead. We really should be looking to win this 1 imo.
Diggerthedog

Very frustrating not to win that, at times we look like we’re on the edge of doing something really well but at times we look like we’re on the verge of conceding each time the opposition attack. I think we sit too deep specially at home, Bingham and Raymond had far too much time on the ball and we were chasing shadows.

9 games in and we’re 12th but I really do think we’re here to stay unless we get another decent striker on board.

As D4E said Maidenhead is now a must win game, they were expected to struggle this season so I expect 3 points, right?
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
NBDag

Very tough, and although said from behind rose tinted glasses, unjust result tonight. Not a single player had a bad game.

They were getting closer to scoring in my eyes from the 85th minute onwards, but the phase of play that they scored from should never have happened. That referee was diabolical and although I think they had a fair shout for a penalty, I’ll see it as levelling things out for what must have been close to 10 fouls by Okoye alone that were never given. We were effectively playing with 10 for large parts of the game seeing how they were allowed to do anything to Quigley to stop him winning the ball, his performance deserves a lot of praise.

Although 3 games were draws, 5 unbeaten is not bad at all. Must admit that even though I still believe Taylor isn’t the person to take us forward, it’s been hard to fault him over the past few games.